Airlines and Mileage Programs

Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More

Lufthansa First Class Lounge [FCL] restart

Lufthansa First Class Lounge [FCL] restart

Old Aug 25, 22, 8:10 am

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
FCT is not an F arrival lounge
I will visit on the return trip. Will experience JFK on the way there.
Old Aug 25, 22, 8:49 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by golfr View Post
You can, however, use the FCL in A upon arrival to have breakfast, freshen up etc.

Much nicer bathrooms and better food/drink than the Welcome Lounge. You would then also experience both the FCL (arrival) and the FCT (departure).
chris63 and golfr like this.
Old Aug 25, 22, 9:55 am

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber View Post
You can, however, use the FCL in A upon arrival to have breakfast, freshen up etc.

Much nicer bathrooms and better food/drink than the Welcome Lounge. You would then also experience both the FCL (arrival) and the FCT (departure).
Exactly & if the OP had taken the time to do a simple search here all that information has been posted ad nauseam, not to mention if the OP had simply posted the routing
Old Aug 25, 22, 9:57 am

You could have mentioned that in your first post or even conducted a simple search in this thread
Old Aug 25, 22, 4:04 pm

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by chris63 View Post
You could have mentioned that in your first post or even conducted a simple search in this thread
Sorry to clutter the thread if my question has been asked and answered many times before. When I went to Lufthansa website, I saw that the First Class lounges were closed at Frankfurt. Didn't know they had multiple locations, FCL B is still closed(am I right?). I thought they would just have one lounge like many other airports. I'm glad that I asked since I didn't know that you can access FCL A upon arrival. I thought only people who were connecting via FRA have lounge access. Glad I found out before booking.
Old Aug 25, 22, 4:58 pm

Sorry to clutter the thread if my question has been asked and answered many times before. When I went to Lufthansa website, I saw that the First Class lounges were closed at Frankfurt. Didn't know they had multiple locations, FCL B is still closed(am I right?). I thought they would just have one lounge like many other airports. I'm glad that I asked since I didn't know that you can access FCL A upon arrival. I thought only people who were connecting via FRA have lounge access. Glad I found out before booking.
Yes, FCL B is still closed.

Generally, LH FCLs, but not FCT, can be used as arrivals lounge when traveling on LH F metal.

https://www.lufthansa.com/ec/en/first-class-lounges

chris63 and golfr like this.
Old Aug 26, 22, 3:33 pm

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Platinum, Honors Gold
I'm arriving from JFK with an eight hour layover before continuing to DEL (all in F). My plan is to clear border control and spend an hour or two at FCL A before walking over to FCT. I haven't transited FRA since January 2020 so my memory is hazy. US flights should arrive in the Z pier and I shouldn't have to go through security airside again right?
Old Aug 26, 22, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by zzzliner View Post
I'm arriving from JFK with an eight hour layover before continuing to DEL (all in F). My plan is to clear border control and spend an hour or two at FCL A before walking over to FCT. I haven't transited FRA since January 2020 so my memory is hazy. US flights should arrive in the Z pier and I shouldn't have to go through security airside again right?
Yes, JFK should arrive in Z pier, clean so no security, just immigration to get to A, then FCLA is quite close to the exit for a short walk to FCT.
zzzliner likes this.
Old Sep 22, 22, 3:05 pm

A little mini-rant relating to LH FCLs and particularly the FCT: Please bring back the FCL in B, to relieve pressure on the FCT, and the service at the FCT to an appropriate level!

Just had the worst experience at a LHG FCL ever, and it was at the FCT where I made the experience.

Was there between 7 and 9 a.m.: Not a single available table in the restaurant sections and rather disappointing F/B service (PA was great, though); additionally, had to make phone calls from the cigar lounge for some privacy, as not a single work booth was available and the lounge was otherwise packed.

The menu says "lunch/dinner from 11" now and the selection is rather mediocre. Asked around 7.30 whether the kitchen would make anything but breakfast food despite the early hour, as I had done many times before and is even actively advertized as "body clock meal" at the FCL in MUC, and agreed with server/kitchen on steak and salad. Pointed out that I will be back to order at 8:15 (car to aircraft was scheduled for 9:10), as I had to make phone calls at 8 sharp. When I sat down at the high table across from the bar at 8:15, as there was still no table in the restaurant section, I was told that the kitchen was too busy to "cut and prepare a steak" and the wait would too long for a 9:10 departure from the lounge. Server mumbled something about a staff shortage in the kitchen. Didn't have a first class feel to it.

As much as I hate to say it: A FCL only catering to fliers on a European body clock and too busy to seat you in the restaurant section or the work cubicles is just not a great FCL, despite the ride to the plane provided from the FCT. The ZRH FCL game is so much better now, LH should be embarrassed and improve the situation at FRA.
chris63, MichielR, FlyerLX and 4 others like this.
Old Sep 23, 22, 12:09 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Please bring back the FCL in B, to relieve pressure on the FCT.......
It is unbelievable that they have not yet reopened FCL B given the numbers. What are they waiting for??!!
pdeut likes this.
Old Sep 23, 22, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by FlyerLX View Post
It is unbelievable that they have not yet reopened FCL B given the numbers. What are they waiting for??!!
Yes, sad they are only interested in saving cash at the expense of pax comfort & convenience, same can be said of Satellite FCL at MUC
EJJBHX likes this.
Old Sep 23, 22, 4:04 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by FlyerLX View Post
Notionally, staffing issues.

Which really means "we could get more people if we raised the salaries a bit, but we don't wanna".
chris63, vantage03 and pdeut like this.
Old Sep 23, 22, 4:30 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
I understand your frustration and have been in similar situations a few times, not very First-classy. Add to that the often sourly waiters...

The only semi-disagreement:

The ZRH FCL game is so much better now,
Yes, for availability of space, having two lounges open, etc.

But absolutely not for the two things you comment on the FCT:
  • The ZRH food offering is a lot of facade for something which is just ever so slightly above mediocre. Convenient, but not fine dining or First Class level (go to Paris, AF Salon Premire - now that is First class food). And they aren't very accomodating either
  • Working cubicles: let's agree that Zurich has none. In FCL A, they have these wooden cabins, with open roofs and a big space on top of the doors, so all the noise comes in. And since the lounge in FCL A (i) usually has this background music playing - Radio Swiss Pop, what they also play on ski lifts and in supermarkets - and asking them to switch it off is met with a look of scandal (ii) is built in a way that does not absorve the very very loud noise from the espresso machine, kitchen utensils, glasses at the bar, chatter from people - it basically is impossible to have a noise-free phone conversation or concentration time in one of those cubicles. And FCL E does not even have anything that pretends being a work cubicle.
Old Sep 23, 22, 4:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN**
Do & Co is looking for a FCL supervisor, server & seasonal support in the kitchen: Do&Co Jobs

It doesn't really look like they are looking for staff to reopen the FCL B.

Do&Co is not known to be a generous employer, their pay and expectation is rather tough...
Old Sep 23, 22, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo View Post
I understand your frustration and have been in similar situations a few times, not very First-classy. Add to that the often sourly waiters...

The only semi-disagreement:

Yes, for availability of space, having two lounges open, etc.

But absolutely not for the two things you comment on the FCT:
  • The ZRH food offering is a lot of facade for something which is just ever so slightly above mediocre. Convenient, but not fine dining or First Class level (go to Paris, AF Salon Premire - now that is First class food). And they aren't very accomodating either
  • Working cubicles: let's agree that Zurich has none. In FCL A, they have these wooden cabins, with open roofs and a big space on top of the doors, so all the noise comes in. And since the lounge in FCL A (i) usually has this background music playing - Radio Swiss Pop, what they also play on ski lifts and in supermarkets - and asking them to switch it off is met with a look of scandal (ii) is built in a way that does not absorve the very very loud noise from the espresso machine, kitchen utensils, glasses at the bar, chatter from people - it basically is impossible to have a noise-free phone conversation or concentration time in one of those cubicles. And FCL E does not even have anything that pretends being a work cubicle.
Yes, the ZRH FCLs have been set up as pleasure Temples, no thought given to work & nowhere to have a private phone conversation, unless you book a dayroom in FCLE

Search this Thread