Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Class Lounge [FCL] restart

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by MichielR;[url=tel:34516418
34516418[/url]]Are you now bringing your own wine?

The FCL doesn’t care about what you bring - that’s a question for security. They usually accept sealed bags from most origins with receipt. See: https://www.munich-airport.com/check...luggage-261034
Scotch. Isn’t this security within the FCL? Thanks, that link seems to be pretty encouraging:

Duty-free items

In general, duty-free purchases of liquids, creams, etc. from any airport or aircraft can be carried in your hand luggage.

However, these items must be carried with proof of purchase in an undamaged, resealable security bag and checked using a special device. This device is also used to inspect liquid medications and foods for special dietary needs.

I wasn’t aware that those sealed duty free bags were “resealable”…I don’t think I’ve ever seen a special device inspect bottles of alcohol?
Old Aug 15, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
There is no security check at the FCL. Only passport control for entering/exiting Schengen.

I think that resealable is incorrectly used to describe all the sealable plastic bags that all DG stores use.
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by MichielR
There is no security check at the FCL. Only passport control for entering/exiting Schengen.

I think that resealable is incorrectly used to describe all the sealable plastic bags that all DG stores use.
Exactly--the whole point of the bags that they use is that they cannot be resealed without showing damage to the plastic/being all torn up.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: DL Platinum/SkyTeam Elite Plus
If I arrive from NYC to Fra connecting to Rome...can I use both FCL A and the FCT? I have a 5 hr layover and want to see A. I have been to FCT before, so I don't want an agent at FCT saying you already went to the other lounge first..haha...I guess then I can also get 2 ducks one in each lounge.

Also at JFK there is a separate dining area what is the difference at EWR right? Just trying to figure out if to leave from either JFK or EWR.

Thanks!
Old Aug 15, 2022, 3:04 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by FreqTrav27
If I arrive from NYC to Fra connecting to Rome...can I use both FCL A and the FCT? I have a 5 hr layover and want to see A. I have been to FCT before, so I don't want an agent at FCT saying you already went to the other lounge first..haha...I guess then I can also get 2 ducks one in each lounge.

Also at JFK there is a separate dining area what is the difference at EWR right? Just trying to figure out if to leave from either JFK or EWR.

Thanks!
Yes you can go to both. Ducks will be the same in all likelihood.

JFK has pre flight dining options in the F section. Not sure EWR does. That said I'd pick the most convenient one from where in NY you are.
FreqTrav27 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL Platinum/SkyTeam Elite Plus
Thank you!
Old Aug 15, 2022, 5:24 pm

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
EWR also has a la carte pre-dining/waiter service for F class. The setup at JFK is much better though, it’s a dedicated space, in fact a dedicated floor in the LH lounge. At EWR it’s a few cordoned-off tables in the SEN lounge.
FreqTrav27 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 3:07 am

Programs: Delta DM
What's the difference between FCL A and FCT in FRA?
Old Aug 25, 2022, 3:59 am

Programs: LH Sen for life; QR Plat; FB Gold; Bonvoy Gold for life
I’m flying BHX-FRA-SIN in F in November with a 5 hr layover. I need wheelchair service in the airport. I expect that the wheelchair service will not take me to the FCT so is FCL A my only option? I’m not spending 5 hrs in the Corral.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by golfr
What's the difference between FCL A and FCT in FRA?
Food, Beverage & furnishings are same, FCLA has a view of the airport, you need to walk to the gate unless your fight departs from an A outside position.

FCT, dedicated PA & you are driven to your departing aircraft.

FCL A can also be used as an F arrival lounge.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 4:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BobBHX
I’m flying BHX-FRA-SIN in F in November with a 5 hr layover. I need wheelchair service in the airport. I expect that the wheelchair service will not take me to the FCT so is FCL A my only option? I’m not spending 5 hrs in the Corral.
Wheelchair service won’t take you to FCT, so your best bet is FCLA unless a miracle happens & they reopen FCLB…..
Old Aug 25, 2022, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Food, Beverage & furnishings are same, FCLA has a view of the airport, you need to walk to the gate unless your fight departs from an A outside position.

FCT, dedicated PA & you are driven to your departing aircraft.

FCL A can also be used as an F arrival lounge.
It seems like the FCT is a better experience. I will go that route when I visit Germany.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems like the FCT is a better experience. I will go that route when I visit Germany.
Yes, my preferred choice

Or you could try both if you arrive in F & have a flight connection on the same ticket
Old Aug 25, 2022, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Yes, my preferred choice

Or you could try both if you arrive in F & have a flight connection on the same ticket
FRA will be my destination coming from the states so I will have one chance to experience one or the other. I'm glad that they're operational. I would not go if the lounges were closed.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FRA will be my destination coming from the states so I will have one chance to experience one or the other. I'm glad that they're operational. I would not go if the lounges were closed.
FCT is not an F arrival lounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.