Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Class Lounge [FCL] restart

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2020, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by flying_geek
Are you really going to change your travel pattern because of the FCL food? If you are lucky enough to pick carriers yourself and/or are able to fly F - wouldn't you pick your airline based on what your travel need is.
Actually I believe most of HONs are "lucky enough" to pick carrier, cabin class and routes by himself and don't need anybody's authorisation for that.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by MumbaiDan
The food offering looks fine to me.
It's good progress and I am happy about that.
Some people will never be happy.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Raul_R
By more direct source, the line for opening FCT comes on 150 visitors to FC faciliites per day. Expected to be reached by end of September.
Looks like it is also important precondition for limousine service, but they "are looking for possibilities to start it earlier".

I was this week 3 times in FCL A -- on Monday, Saturday and Sunday.
During all 3 short (about 1 hour) visits I saw 5-12 pax. Of course not all of them was F / HON but also their guests.
But today even counted 8 flights on monitors.

Did not use, but asked on Satruday -- showers and also both bedrooms are available for use.

People working there was very happy to start work again after 4 months pause. Was nice to meet them again.
Thanks for the update from the ground. That’s not a lot of people, especially considering that the FCT and FCL B are closed, and should put the whole travel industry situation in perspective.

I’m sure it’s nice to see the good staff there again.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 2:36 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Raul_R
Actually I believe most of HONs are "lucky enough" to pick carrier, cabin class and routes by himself and don't need anybody's authorisation for that.
I live in the US, so my number of friends that are HONs are limited (4 as far as I know), they all have employers and are restricted to company airline contracts - and they usually only get to pick J.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 1:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Dinner in the tempoary MUC FCL (inside the SEN Café):

The are open daily till 7 pm:

gru_muc likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 12:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

After a very quiet start, it was decided to keep the FCL/SEN Cafe closed on weekends, it seems no one came last weekend.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP.
went to FCL yesterday for quick stop. got a pretty tasty panini sandwich no limo service available to B though . menu and sandwich posted below.

Old Aug 10, 2020, 2:45 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Is any FCL in FRA or MUC open? I’ll be transiting through in two weeks...
Old Aug 10, 2020, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by sophialite
Is any FCL in FRA or MUC open? I’ll be transiting through in two weeks...
FRA has FCL A open.

I think MUC has the Senator Cafe operating as an FCL
Old Aug 10, 2020, 5:46 am

If you are transiting from the USA can you go to the A FCL still.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by ghzhammer
If you are transiting from the USA can you go to the A FCL still.
If you're arriving from the US, you have to clear passport control to be able to go into the FCL/A (or to transit to a Schengen destination). That means -- in simplified terms -- that you need to be a EU citizen or resident or coming from specific countries that are allowed into Schengen. The US isn't one of those countries.
Old Aug 10, 2020, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by NYC1
If you're arriving from the US, you have to clear passport control to be able to go into the FCL/A (or to transit to a Schengen destination). That means -- in simplified terms -- that you need to be a EU citizen or resident or coming from specific countries that are allowed into Schengen. The US isn't one of those countries.

But yet myself aUS Citizen on flight from LAX crossed so its YMMV.

Last edited by Amil; Aug 10, 2020 at 11:37 am
Old Aug 10, 2020, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Amil
But yet myself aUS Citizen on flight from LAX crossed so its YMMV.
Not sure what you're saying. You're a US citizen, no ties to the EU or another county, flew from LAX to FRA, crossed passport control to go to FCL/A, no questions asked?
Old Aug 10, 2020, 12:15 pm

Programs: LH HON
Not sure what you're saying. You're a US citizen, no ties to the EU or another county, flew from LAX to FRA, crossed passport control to go to FCL/A, no questions asked?
it is at the discretion of the Bundespolizei if they believe that you are only entering the use the lounge and leave the EU again directly...
Old Aug 10, 2020, 2:07 pm

he didnt ask a single question. just let me through i was a bit shocked. I do have ties to another passport/country iran lol so that definitely doesnt help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.