Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Class Lounge [FCL] restart

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2021, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by vantage03
I was also told that this will operate as per pre-Covid. Outside position pickups can be driven to the exit bus stop, go through immigration (if required) and walk to FCT.

Whilst completely unfriendly for those who don’t know the ins and outs of FRA airport, I usually chose this option pre-Covid as it meant a shorter walk then going from the drop off point to a lounge. I’m usually connecting non-Schengen to Schengen (or vv) though, the real loss here is when connecting Schengen to Schengen.
You need a lot of time for all that with the Covid checks & be able to enter DE & be up to navigating FRA, as you say, it’s unfriendly & that’s their offer to F & HON pax

Lots of pax will need a glass of something very strong at the bar, if they made it to FCT
vantage03 likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by vantage03
I was also told that this will operate as per pre-Covid. Outside position pickups can be driven to the exit bus stop, go through immigration (if required) and walk to FCT. Whilst completely unfriendly for those who don’t know the ins and outs of FRA airport, I usually chose this option pre-Covid as it meant a shorter walk than going from the drop off point to a lounge. I’m usually connecting non-Schengen to Schengen (or vv) though, the real loss here is when connecting Schengen to Schengen.
Originally Posted by chris63
You need a lot of time for all that with the Covid checks & be able to enter DE & be up to navigating FRA, as you say, it’s unfriendly & that’s their offer to F & HON pax
Indeed. Meanwhile over at CDG, Air France figured this out a long time ago and provides seamless, pampered transfer service for La Première passengers, even during the peak of the Covid frenzy. LH isn't (and quite frankly was never) in the same F service league as AF.
NYC1, lhrpete, chris63 and 2 others like this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 8:31 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by Raul_R
I think it will remain the same as was pre-covid.
If landed aircraft will have nongate position car will transfer HON/F pax to main terminal. Drivers all the time asked to which part of terminal I want they drive me and did as requested (I usually asked to bring me to closest exit to go to FCT).
FCT is not built for transfer purposes. And that’s the reason they can’t drive to FCT from aircraft.
I always chose transfer to B gates when coming from apron. If you can be driven out, you can be driven in.

Originally Posted by hugolover
How about offering paid access to only FTL, SEN, Business Class and Star Gold?
No to turning it into FCZoo! Some may like to be in crowded places but FCT should not be that place. To get in to AF LA Premiere lounge, to have the money is not enough to buy the entrance, same applies to Concorde room or Flagship First.
SFO777 and Traveller121 like this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was referring to ISTFlyer's idea for the FCL('s).
chris63 and ISTFlyer like this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 10:38 am

I was referring to ISTFlyer's idea for the FCL('s).
If purchasing or redeeming the ticket is out of the budget then maybe that is not the right place to be? When F lounge experience is so important, then in one trip can combine MUC F lounge, FRA FCL/FCT and LX ZRH F.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jaenks
I always chose transfer to B gates when coming from apron. If you can be driven out, you can be driven in.
FRAPORT & Border Police wouldn’t allow that, for FCT , so I was always told, sure that will remain the case.

FCL A has a door to Z , would have been far easier to set up a temporary border control a la MUC at Z & you have Schengen & non Schengen covered, however that would require some imagination & knowledge of pax needs, clearly neither LH Or FRAPORT have even a modicum of that
Old Aug 7, 2021, 11:50 am

FRAPORT & Border Police wouldn’t allow that, for FCT , so I was always told, sure that will remain the case.
FCL A has a door to Z , would have been far easier to set up a temporary border control a la MUC at Z & you have Schengen & non Schengen covered, however that would require some imagination & knowledge of pax needs, clearly neither LH Or FRAPORT have even a modicum of that
Yes, I have heard it too. A really dumb decision. "A walk of shape" from Terminal to FCT, on the same time BMW 7s keep going back and forth at CDG.
NYC1, chris63 and SFO777 like this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I have heard it too. A really dumb decision. "A walk of shape" from Terminal to FCT, on the same time BMW 7s keep going back and forth at CDG.
Walk of shape ?

That must be it, LH thinks that those of us who are able to enjoy the fruits of a FCL need more exercise

Meanwhile, over at AF & CDG those similar F pax headed for Alain Ducasse dining need to be driven in BMW 7’s, but isn’t it only LH that claims to be the 5* airline ?
hugolover likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 2:09 pm

Walk of shape ?
Yes, LH/LX F flyers and HONs do not have " A walk of shame" in FRA, they have " A walk of shape"
You know, that is a cardio thing . Maybe they should mark the way?
chris63 and Traveller121 like this.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, LH/LX F flyers and HONs do not have " A walk of shame" in FRA, they have " A walk of shape"
You know, that is a cardio thing . Maybe they should mark the way?
Indeed, they could put up a notice at the entrance for connecting pax, if you managed to get here from A , Z , B or C , Bravo ! You burnt x calories & now if you consume only water in the FCT you will bank that calorie loss & save LH x EUR ......thanks, your 5* airline.....
Old Aug 7, 2021, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

CDG (might) be lovely transiting between the terminals, but actually getting to CDG is another story, a total
disaster.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
CDG (might) be lovely transiting between the terminals, but actually getting to CDG is another story, a total
disaster.
Not when your La Premiere limo drops you off at La Premiere check in.
Old Aug 7, 2021, 5:48 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Raul_R
As far I remember they never offered paid access to FCT…
I was refering to short-lived option to buy into FCL, not FCT. In this case ideally FCL B to help get that one open.

If purchasing or redeeming the ticket is out of the budget then maybe that is not the right place to be? When F lounge experience is so important, then in one trip can combine MUC F lounge, FRA FCL/FCT and LX ZRH F.
Or perhaps purchasing or redeeming an F ticket is simply not an option (shorthaul, non-F destinations), or we would simply like to combine experiencing FCL and helping y'all super important people not stay pissed that the only lounge open is in A (or out of the terminal altogether)...

disaster.
Transiting between the terminals in CDG might be lovely in La Premiere limo... other than that... mon dieu.

Originally Posted by SFO777
Not when your La Premiere limo drops you off at La Premiere check in.
As long as you leave in advance enough
Old Aug 8, 2021, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Or perhaps purchasing or redeeming an F ticket is simply not an option (shorthaul, non-F destinations), or we would simply like to combine experiencing FCL and helping y'all super important people not stay pissed that the only lounge open is in A (or out of the terminal altogether)...
Another bitter "wannabe" who wants to be a "super important person" and the only way is FCL. What all one could do with imagination!? Nor FCL or FCT has not build from rubber to have a flexibility. There is a occupancy limit and there are a requirements to enter. Your monetary help offer is priceless. Instead look from time to time M&M meeting thread where "super important people" are hth and after their guesting confirmation, purchase intra Europe ticket to same flight. Prepare for their flight schedule changes, it happens.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 9:17 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Another bitter "wannabe" who wants to be a "super important person" and the only way is FCL. What all one could do with imagination!? Nor FCL or FCT has not build from rubber to have a flexibility. There is a occupancy limit and there are a requirements to enter. Your monetary help offer is priceless. Instead look from time to time M&M meeting thread where "super important people" are hth and after their guesting confirmation, purchase intra Europe ticket to same flight. Prepare for their flight schedule changes, it happens.
Not caring too much to appear important, I've done exactly that at times. Strangely enough, it was more appropriate apparently even though it brought the operating airline exactly nothing. I suppose the stamp of approval of a random guy from the internet that some generous people were willing to give was enough at time. In retrospect, I'd like to apologize for my arrogance in walking the hallowed halls, unwashed mass that I am (on the other hand, I did make use of the showers, so I left the washed mass), but having to warn you, you might still have to content with the risk of meeting me in an intra-Europe business class cabin. At least the middle seat is always free.

As for the capacity constraints, that's not a relevant argument. Even if the product did actually become popular (all of the reports from the period of paid access, scant as they are, mention the FCL staff seeing the voucher for the first time - clearly, no masses of takers), LH is more than capable of predicting the usage and limiting the sale of lounge vouchers to maintain a pleasant occupancy rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.