Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Class Lounge [FCL] restart

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2021, 3:41 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold
Awesome, thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2021, 11:49 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
I will be at MUC tomorrow morning. Lets see what the FCL has to offer.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 12:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I will be in FRA tomorrow to see the updated FCL A catering, exciting to travel with catering options, first time since i think december...
Old Jul 13, 2021, 3:18 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I will be in FRA tomorrow to see the updated FCL A catering, exciting to travel with catering options, first time since i think december...
Maybe you can poke around and see if anyone there has heard anything about the FCT reopening timeline.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 9:57 pm

Programs: No airline/hotel status use, Chase UR, Amex MR, CapOne etc
Does anyone know if the first class terminal is open or going to be open imminently in frankfurt? I have an F flight July 27, what are my chances of experiencing it?

What about the first class lounge? I saw its been open for about 6 weeks now but isn't serving any food or drinks is that true?
Old Jul 13, 2021, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by PointsPanda
Does anyone know if the first class terminal is open or going to be open imminently in frankfurt? I have an F flight July 27, what are my chances of experiencing it?

What about the first class lounge? I saw its been open for about 6 weeks now but isn't serving any food or drinks is that true?
The Lufthansa FCL in Terminal 1A is serving food & drinks in a similar way to pre-COVID and the non-sense restriction of take-away food & beverages only has ended in June.

For the First Class Terminal, I wouldn't be so hopeful.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 3:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Here is the F menu from FCL A in FRA today
Old Jul 14, 2021, 3:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Lunch/dinner menu
Old Jul 14, 2021, 5:01 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Your chances are none. FCT will be not opened on July 27th. LH would announce it when exact date is settled. FCL serves only small a la carte menu and drinks bar is open, on this thread you will find the recent pictures.

[redacted]

Last edited by oliver2002; Jul 14, 2021 at 8:41 am Reason: https://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules#gettingpersonal
Old Jul 14, 2021, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
The Lufthansa FCL in Terminal 1A is serving food & drinks in a similar way to pre-COVID and the non-sense restriction of take-away food & beverages only has ended in June.
For the First Class Terminal, I wouldn't be so hopeful.
Why respond with false information, especially when you have not never visited FCL or FCT???
There is no similar food&beverage service. The buffet is not available at the moment. Everyone should focus in their experiences and knowledge.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:14 pm

Hey guys, everyone is doing their best here, and all advice is appreciated, even its speculative. Do not think personal attacks on @ISTFlyer are necessary, he has responded to many of my posts with great information, and I due appreciate it.
@Jaenks I actually checked the Lufthansa website it appears food service has returned and consuming food in the lounge is allowed again, as of a few days ago.

It sounds like the lounge experience in Frankfurt is going to be pared down but not as bad as it was last month, and the terminal won't be happening at all but who knows maybe I can reach out for the Limo experience without using the terminal, thats what i'm really after.

It seems the experience onboard though is 95% there, other than annoying masks, so thats what really matters.

Either way no point pining over a time-past that may never return, if anything its more likely that these airlines get first class removed altogether in the coming year then restore service, so better to experience things as they are now, then potentially miss the chance to try it at all. Not to mention I got this ticket for 70k points + $100, by using a 25% bonus from brex/capone avianca lifemiles last month, is very cheap for 11 hour flight in first class + business class flight from FRA to CPH. Also, as a video and text blogger, this "First class during covid" will be great for SEO, i'll def report back my entire experience as detailed as I can here once I take it in a few weeks so you guys can be updated on the latest on this.

Thank you again to all
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:26 pm

Hey guys, everyone is doing their best here, and all advice is appreciated, even its speculative. Do not think personal attacks on @ISTFlyer are necessary, he has responded to many of my posts with great information, and I due appreciate it.
@Jaenks I actually checked the Lufthansa website it appears food service has returned and consuming food in the lounge is allowed again, as of a few days ago.
It was not a personal attack, but a friendly reminder. Food consuming is back but only from a la carte menu which now is with a smaller selection which is far from similar as previously. Previously it was a la carte menu plus a buffet with a very decent selection. Plus there were speciality menus(Brazilian menu during Olympics) etc. When you are interested, you will find the photos of that buffet(breakfast buffet and from 11AM a day buffet until closing time) in trip reports thread or searching from internet.
PointsPanda likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Jaenks
It was not a personal attack, but a friendly reminder. Food consuming is back but only from a la carte menu which now is with a smaller selection which is far from similar as previously. Previously it was a la carte menu plus a buffet with a very decent selection. Plus there were speciality menus(Brazilian menu during Olympics) etc. When you are interested, you will find the photos of that buffet(breakfast buffet and from 11AM a day buffet until closing time) in trip reports thread or searching from internet.
Understood, I think sometimes tone can be misinterpreted over text.

Hopefully things improve further, but honestly a la carte ordering is what I'm after anyways, hopefully it improves a bit in next 2 weeks, ok with smaller selection of a la carte if its served in the lounge and the quality is still good. Most looking forward to trying whiskeys and maybe even cigar lounge if its open. Don't really care about a buffet, you can get that in any lounge and not surprsing buffet is closed, virtually 100% of lounges either closed their buffet or have it cordoned off and served by an employee.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, B6 Mosaic 1, Amtrak Select, Marriott Plat , AMEX Plat (noted for club access reference)
LH F award or should I do something else with current F situation

What does one think I should do? 3 weeks away.

MXP-FRA-EWR LH F (award) with a 4-5 hour layover and at this point it would be in the First Class Lounge not Terminal since its closed. Would be 90K AV miles plus $180 or 100K Aeroplan plus $180.

MXP-JFK EK F or J ( 62.K or 85K plus 100 ish USD depending on award availability) on a 777. I have done the A380 before and that exp. was one of the best I've had so the 777 is a bit of a let down and want to try the 747 LH (but feel the lack of FCT takes away from the exp. just like a 777 EK takes away from the A380 exp. Also heard the 777 is really showing its age on EK.

MXP-AMS-JFK on a KLM 787 (transatlantic portion) (51-61K flying blue plus 150 EUR) have never flown KLM and have heard it is a solid J exp.
Old Jul 14, 2021, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by theboss7593
What does one think I should do? 3 weeks away.

MXP-FRA-EWR LH F (award) with a 4-5 hour layover and at this point it would be in the First Class Lounge not Terminal since its closed. Would be 90K AV miles plus $180 or 100K Aeroplan plus $180.

MXP-JFK EK F or J ( 62.K or 85K plus 100 ish USD depending on award availability) on a 777. I have done the A380 before and that exp. was one of the best I've had so the 777 is a bit of a let down and want to try the 747 LH (but feel the lack of FCT takes away from the exp. just like a 777 EK takes away from the A380 exp. Also heard the 777 is really showing its age on EK.

MXP-AMS-JFK on a KLM 787 (transatlantic portion) (51-61K flying blue plus 150 EUR) have never flown KLM and have heard it is a solid J exp.
EK First in a heartbeat. It's not new First, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the old 77W First.
And unlike LH, EK has not cut back or resorted to bait and switch on inflight service like LH.
chris63, jonapet89 and vantage03 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.