Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Class Lounge [FCL] restart

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2020, 8:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Amil
its still YMMV as I made it through once.
As we say in Germany, "Auch ein blindes Huhn findet manchmal ein Korn." (Even a blind chicken finds a corn once in a while.)
Old Sep 15, 2020, 12:32 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
FWIW the Frankfurt border control gave me a tough time even though I was allowed in (and eventually permitted entry). Don’t know what it is about Frankfurt.

Haven’t had this issue in MUC or CDG or the Eurostar terminals.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by funkydrummer
As we say in Germany, "Auch ein blindes Huhn findet manchmal ein Korn." (Even a blind chicken finds a corn once in a while.)
Exactly. On this side of the Atlantic we say “even a broken clock is right twice a day”.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 12:14 pm

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by sophialite
FWIW the Frankfurt border control gave me a tough time even though I was allowed in (and eventually permitted entry). Don’t know what it is about Frankfurt.

Haven’t had this issue in MUC or CDG or the Eurostar terminals.
It’s exactly why I have a love/hate relationship with that airport. Good memories and nice lounges, and LH is in my experience consistent and a good airline. However, this airport, a constant changing maze, and the unpredictable border and security agents.... You never know what to expect....
Old Sep 15, 2020, 6:26 pm

Programs: UA 1k
I'm arriving into FRA on Saturday morning in First, departing same day into Schengen space in business. Is the menu still reduced at the FCL?
Old Sep 16, 2020, 2:44 am

Programs: M&M HON***
Showers in FRA FCL A reopened

Not sure if someone already mentioned this. I’m really glad I no longer need to rely on the old and shabby Fraport facilities
Old Sep 16, 2020, 4:42 am

Generally speaking one of the best perks of HON was that it made FRA barely tolerable as a connection or originating point. Is it that much of an increased cost to pick up and drop of HONs at aprons? The cars are purchased/leased and sitting on the lots, depreciating. Surely the fuel isn’t that much more to spend $$$ on, and neither is the personnel.

FCT I think I can understand.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 4:50 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Surely the fuel isn’t that much more to spend $$$ on, and neither is the personnel.
The effort of hyper-cleaning the cars after every single use, to the highest of standards set by the local authorities, LH corporate, or the F / HON passenger, may be a big deterrent.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 4:51 am

That’s fair. Didn’t think about that.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 7:37 am
Suspended

Generally speaking one of the best perks of HON was that it made FRA barely tolerable as a connection or originating point. Is it that much of an increased cost to pick up and drop of HONs at aprons? The cars are purchased/leased and sitting on the lots, depreciating. Surely the fuel isn’t that much more to spend $$$ on, and neither is the personnel.
I am not a HON but I followed the discussion on the German-language VFT forum between several HON and a LH executive (Annette Mann). The exec made quite clear that it's pretty unlikely the limo transfers are coming back anytime soon.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by funkydrummer
I am not a HON but I followed the discussion on the German-language VFT forum between several HON and a LH executive (Annette Mann). The exec made quite clear that it's pretty unlikely the limo transfers are coming back anytime soon.
can you link me
Old Sep 16, 2020, 7:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The conversation got drowned in the moaning of HONs demanding various other services which then led to a detour and eventual closure of the thread. But Annette was quite clear that the current state of LH doesn't allow for the resumption of limo services in FRA in the forseeable future.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 7:45 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
can you link me
https://www.vielfliegertreff.de/luft...unges-111.html

+1 to the thing Oliver said. A shame really, her input was always interesting to read.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 7:47 am
Suspended

can you link me
There are two threads. The first one is here (that's the thread oliver2002 mentioned which has been closed). The second one (link) is still open. It focuses on bus boarding during covid-19 and the lack of limo transfers for HON.

Be advised, there's a lot of circular discussion and derails in those threads....
Old Sep 16, 2020, 7:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Nick Art
A shame really, her input was always interesting to read.
Maybe one should try to win her over for FT. The discussion around here tends to be a bit more civilized.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.