Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Class Lounge [FCL] restart

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2020, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by funkydrummer
The FCL/A is firmly in Schengen. I'm sure LH wouldn't mind letting an F pax in. But why would the immigration officer let an American who cannot prove he qualifies for an exemption into Schengen?

The last few times I re-entered Schengen in FRA, immigration seemed relatively tough on non-EU/non-EEA/no-UK pax. At least that's the impression I got from observation; I have a German passport myself.

Just my 2c. I read the one anecdote where it wasn't a problem supposedly.
Agree. Let’s see what anil reports back after his Tuesday trip.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 8:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I'm sure LH wouldn't mind letting an F pax in. But why would the immigration officer let an American who cannot prove he qualifies for an exemption into Schengen?
It seems there are quite a few people flying from the US to Croatia & Turkey right now... one would think that people coming from a risk area with a R>50 would appreciate the fact that transit is (still) allowed and not violate the rules of the transit country....
Old Sep 6, 2020, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by oliver2002
It seems there are quite a few people flying from the US to Croatia & Turkey right now... one would think that people coming from a risk area with a R>50 would appreciate the fact that transit is (still) allowed and not violate the rules of the transit country....
Not really sure what your point is. Those of us Americans flying to Croatia will all have had a PCR test with swab up the nose the day before departure. So we are arguably less of a risk than German pax on our flight returning home from the US, since presumably Germans can board and fly without having to take and provide a negative PCR.
Amil likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 10:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Read a few posts back for context and I'm sure you'll retract your :rolleyes:
Old Sep 7, 2020, 2:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The fact that Croatia or Turkey allows visitors from the US (with tests etc ) is not relevant here. You are not supposed to enter Germany and Schengen enroute. If you 'sneak' into Germany while in transit at FRA, it is noticed (all passport data is captured in the SIS) and at some point the authorities will no longer allow airlines to accept passengers for transit becuase the system was abused.

LH has opened the SEN lounge in B43 which is perfectly adequate to cover most needs.

cas_de, Kleffen and Maniak like this.
Old Sep 7, 2020, 5:53 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
The FCL/A is firmly in Schengen. I'm sure LH wouldn't mind letting an F pax in. But why would the immigration officer let an American who cannot prove he qualifies for an exemption into Schengen?

The last few times I re-entered Schengen in FRA, immigration seemed relatively tough on non-EU/non-EEA/no-UK pax. At least that's the impression I got from observation; I have a German passport myself.

Just my 2c. I read the one anecdote where it wasn't a problem supposedly.
Yeah Frankfurt was pretty difficult for me last week. Gave me issues with my US passport and UK residence permit, despite having breezed through MUC and the passport controls at Gare du Nord and St. Pancras.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 1:27 am

Programs: AA EXP.
sorry guys I was gonna see if they would have let me into a again (us passport) but i got lost and confused ended up at z from b on my way to a then by the time I got there the border line was too long
Old Sep 8, 2020, 8:22 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by Amil
sorry guys I was gonna see if they would have let me into a again (us passport) but i got lost and confused ended up at z from b on my way to a then by the time I got there the border line was too long
No worries, it can happen to the best of us. Took me years to learn how to maneuver through the viscous beast called FRAnkestein...
Amil likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2020, 11:36 pm
Suspended

I noticed user SFO777 posting in another thread he couldn't enter Schengen for the sole purpose of a lounge visit.

Being German, I find it somewhat reassuring--entry restrictions seem to be enforced.
athome likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 12:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I noticed user SFO777 posting in another thread he couldn't enter Schengen for the sole purpose of a lounge visit.
Being German, I find it somewhat reassuring--entry restrictions seem to be enforced.
Officer was actually quiet nice about the whole thing. He called his supervisor to check, then had another officer guide us back towards B. It wouldn't have been so bad except that we'd already walked from the end of the world terminal and A69/Z69 where LH decided to park our LAX-FRA 747-8 that day.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 5:49 am

Thanks for posting the short current A FCL menu, but may I ask that the bar/drinks are like? Do they serve any good champagne or wine currently or did they cut that?

Last edited by NickRivas; Sep 14, 2020 at 6:01 am
Old Sep 14, 2020, 5:58 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I’m confused. How can there be an FCL B menu when the lounge isn’t open?
Old Sep 14, 2020, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by sophialite
I’m confused. How can there be an FCL B menu when the lounge isn’t open?
Sorry I meant A lol
Old Sep 14, 2020, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by SFO777
Officer was actually quiet nice about the whole thing. He called his supervisor to check, then had another officer guide us back towards B. It wouldn't have been so bad except that we'd already walked from the end of the world terminal and A69/Z69 where LH decided to park our LAX-FRA 747-8 that day.
So now we have a pretty clear datapoint. At least you saved 200,000 points...

Enjoy Dubrovnik.
Old Sep 14, 2020, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by NYC1
So now we have a pretty clear datapoint. At least you saved 200,000 points...

Enjoy Dubrovnik.

its still YMMV as I made it through once.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.