Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Class Lounge [FCL] restart

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2021, 3:02 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sophialite
LH/LX F, at least to the US and if you're connecting, hasn't made sense to me for the last 6 months or so. 1) There was actually no LH F to the US. 2) The LX flight to SFO was moved to an earlier slot, and the early morning LHR/ZRH flight was so frequently cancelled that you had to do an overnight layover. Add to that the lounges not being open to non-Schengen along with zero ground support, I'd rather take BA. Just not worth it for a nicer seat and better food, not even close.

AF P has been a lot better. Many more US F destinations, comparable inflight service, ground support that was always better than HON/F service in the best of times, connectivity that worked from LHR. While we had to use the top floor of the J lounge for a while, at least we had *some* lounge to use. And my AF P assistant jokingly told me that it was the only place in Paris with full indoor dining. LX/LH has *nothing* unless you're Schengen, and even then the lounges don't have anything but seating space. And now the P lounge is open again, which I'm looking forward to using on Monday.
Excellent summary, also switched to AF P earlier this year. Only changing it now for LX F (direct flight vs. via CDG) for my US destinations. In any event, trying to avoid FRA and no service/lounge/... and almost zero F options.

PS. In case you're also invited to talk with LX management as HON: let's make sure we raise this. At least I will, as I am sure they're losing customers with their current "HON loyalty" approach.
Old May 5, 2021, 3:17 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I’ve been asked for feedback more from AF FB than M&M.

I don’t know if I’ll avoid LH/LX going forward. I did take LX 39 on Saturday after all. But the 5 minute walk to my gate to LHR didn’t quite match up with the 1.5 hour connection time (along with the tarmac departure position).

But that said I’ll definitely be price sensitive post-Covid. Before I was willing to spend a little extra to fly LH/LX, despite the connection. But if the direct flight is cheaper in F or even if the J scheduling makes more sense I’ll do that instead. I really don’t have time to be chasing F routes and think it’s stupid to spend $$$ just to take them.
Nik_Jr and vantage03 like this.
Old May 10, 2021, 10:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Any update on FRA? I am trying to convince megaloman to come join on my F escapades, and surely F lounge in FRA would sway him
Old May 10, 2021, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Any update on FRA? I am trying to convince megaloman to come join on my F escapades, and surely F lounge in FRA would sway him
Don't expect the FCL or the FCT reopening soon.
Old May 10, 2021, 10:40 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Don't expect the FCL or the FCT reopening soon.
Not expecting FCT, but hoping FCL, with 748 now going to GRU,MEX,EZE,INDIA+CHINA there is quite a bit of F compared to january when the only one was GRU+PVG
Old May 10, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Not expecting FCT, but hoping FCL, with 748 now going to GRU,MEX,EZE,INDIA+CHINA there is quite a bit of F compared to january when the only one was GRU+PVG
I am not even sure if the SEN Lounge's would have decent offerings in June.

LH is still cost cutting on outstation lounges like EWR,IAD where there have no legal barriers serving hot food and alcohol.
Old May 10, 2021, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Yeah, FCL-B reopening would be nice, but I'd be happy just to see LH actually stick to their July NA schedule and the supposed resumption of F service to NA.
I need ATH-LAX in early July and at this point the only reliable overall F service is still AF. Very reluctant to book LH and wind up giving them an interest free loan.
Old May 10, 2021, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO777
Yeah, FCL-B reopening would be nice, but I'd be happy just to see LH actually stick to their July NA schedule and the supposed resumption of F service to NA.
I need ATH-LAX in early July and at this point the only reliable overall F service is still AF. Very reluctant to book LH and wind up giving them an interest free loan.
Just wait for EU's announcement regarding travel before giving an interest free loan. If the restrictions are there both ways, expect LAX to be operated by an A350.
Old May 11, 2021, 12:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SFO777
Tbh my recent LH refunds took 2-4 days. Super quick when they cancel or downgrade you now
Old May 11, 2021, 1:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
AV LM miles are difficult to return for cash...
esledo likes this.
Old May 11, 2021, 3:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by oliver2002
AV LM miles are difficult to return for cash...
I havent used any of AV miles yet. i hear it has some good redemptions, but at this time F prices being so low, no need
Old May 12, 2021, 12:06 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I havent used any of AV miles yet. i hear it has some good redemptions, but at this time F prices being so low, no need
Different topic entirely, but I'm keen to burn my LM (AV) miles for now and not stocking up any time soon. Currently booked on LX for SE Asia - Europe and similar return in Biz for late 2021 and hope we'll be able to travel and LM still being afloat. Finger crossed. YMMV.
Old May 12, 2021, 3:31 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Tbh my recent LH refunds took 2-4 days. Super quick when they cancel or downgrade you now
thanks to Remco, the new CFO
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 4:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by demue
Different topic entirely, but I'm keen to burn my LM (AV) miles for now and not stocking up any time soon. Currently booked on LX for SE Asia - Europe and similar return in Biz for late 2021 and hope we'll be able to travel and LM still being afloat. Finger crossed. YMMV.
out leaving SE asia will be easier than coming back
Old May 20, 2021, 8:32 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Krisflyer Gold
Is there a different thread for the Lufthansa First Class lounges / terminal in Frankfurt? Or this is it? (Now that Air France reopened its La Premiere lounge, any news on these Lufthansa lounges?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.