Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid 19: Lufthansa lounges reopening/status

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2020, 3:22 am

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by sophialite
Before FCL A reopened, I actually preferred the reopened Sen B lounge to the reopened Sen A lounge. Just far fewer people. Might have changed now but this was the case in late June.
This has always been the case for many years.
Less people, easier access to showers, managed bar, etc, are factors that always made the SEN B my favorite in Frankfurt.
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
SEN B43 is open.
Thanks! And the bar is working as before?
Old Sep 21, 2020, 7:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hugolover
Thanks! And the bar is working as before?
Yeah, staffed bar. I read you mentioning cocktails in a previous post. Not sure what you have in mind. But I think they should at least be able to serve you something simple like a GnT.
hugolover likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Mojito? Is Santa Teresa still on the bar?

Last edited by hugolover; Sep 21, 2020 at 11:13 am
Old Sep 21, 2020, 10:22 am

Programs: LH HON
MUC SEN Cafe

Any experience with this kind of FC/HON lounge in MUC? Same food as in SEN lounge?
Old Sep 21, 2020, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hugolover
Mojito? Is Santa Teresa still on the bar?
Unfortunately, I don't the answer to either of these questions. I've got a non-Schengen flight out of FRA on Saturday, though, and gladly check at the bar.

I was totally unaware they were able to do stuff like Mojitos pre-Corona. Hope you're not kidding me. I'll try to order a Mojito this weekend for sure!
Old Sep 21, 2020, 11:02 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Is SK lounge at ARN open?
Old Sep 22, 2020, 12:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yes the SAS lounge in Arlanda has opened again, but with limited service.
See here Are there any lounges open in the Nordics (airline + contract)?
florens likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 3:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
FRA LH Senator B non-schengen is a little disappointing today (and I was here a few weeks ago too).

The cleanest bathroom still only had a little urine on the seat.

And there are a ton of guests holding a glass of water that they've been slowly sipping for an hour, not wearing masks. But it gets past the checks the staff do, because they're "drinking".
Old Sep 25, 2020, 6:20 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
FRA LH Senator B non-schengen ... there are a ton of guests holding a glass of water that they've been slowly sipping for an hour, not wearing masks. But it gets past the checks the staff do, because they're "drinking".
I think in Germany you don’t have to wear a mask while you’re sitting at a table
Old Sep 25, 2020, 8:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by vantage03
I think in Germany you don’t have to wear a mask while you’re sitting at a table
The announcements every 30 minutes certainly a suggested it was a requirement.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 7:37 am

Yesterday on LHR:
- breakfest: butter croissant, croissant with ham and cheese, fruit
- lunch: cold sandwiches

serving from trolley
Old Sep 26, 2020, 8:52 am
Suspended

I spent some time at the SEN at B43 in FRA today. It was pretty awful overall.

It was as crowded as pre-Corona in the bar area and the relax/lounge area (basically, the entire back half of the lounge near the floor-to-ceiling windows was crowded). Admittedly, the dining area (or areas if taking account they are slightly separted) were alright crowding-wise and you could find a free table (even with a free adjacent table).

The buffet was terrible. Hot options were a squash soup, some sort of chicken, and basmati rice. No veggie side, green salad, or anything healthy available. The chicken was drowned in brown sauce and had a generic unami taste. Cold options were dry pretzels (without any add-ons), and potato salad and pearl barley salad in individual-size glasses. On the dessert front, there were some turquoise-colored marshmallows and a trail mix. Odd.

Really, I don't mind they reduce the selection but the quality was quite poor. I'd rather have them offer nothing but a meat sandwich, a veggie sandwich, and nuts but in acceptable quality.

Finally, in light of hugolover's post above, I ordered a GnT at the "City Lights" bar. Was offered a choice between Bombay Sapphire and Star of Bombay. Bartender also asked how much gin I wanted. Fever tree tonic. No complaints about that GnT:

Old Sep 27, 2020, 6:52 am

In Munich G gates LH business class lounge
about 40% full abs quiet. They have little snacks like the ones shown and other stuff like soup and meat stuff, also the big pretzels. You have to ask the staff at the bar for any drink including water. They do pour well, I got a rosé and my partner a gin&tonic. They also seem to have a special Oktoberfest beer.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 3:59 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Another ‘amazing’ experience at Heathrow. The other option was ham and cheese croissant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.