Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid 19: Lufthansa lounges reopening/status

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
There is a time limit for purchased entries I think, but it might only apply for departures.

Definitely if you enter a lounge for transit with status or J BP you can stay in for as long as it takes.
Old May 14, 2022, 1:05 am

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by oreozp
Apologies if this was already answered, I searched but couldn't find anything.

Is there any sort of 3-hours-before-the-flight limit for LH lounges in FRA? Is it different if you get access for status/business class vs. purchasing entry? Asking bc of an upcoming 8 hour layover in FRA.
If you have 8 hours, I'd consider heading to the city for some hours. Otherwise, no there is no limit I know of or have ever heard of.
andywaw likes this.
Old May 14, 2022, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cfischer
Is the MUC T2S FCL open again? I thought I read it somewhere but the website only lists G/H. Will fly through MUC 5/18
Originally Posted by chris63
Not currently but it’s due to open.
They have been saying this for a long time now. Like 2 months? Hope the G/H FCL is not overcrowded
Old May 14, 2022, 1:40 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
I never been before on the last flight out of MUC but going to BKK tonight. The plane leaves at 2245h, however the FCL in MUC closes at 2200h. Even worse at 2130h they start to clean the buffet and wanted to know if I still want to eat something. OMG LH… FCL experience and 5* is something different.
chris63, MichielR and hugolover like this.
Old May 14, 2022, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by HKG1111
The plane leaves at 2245h, however the FCL in MUC closes at 2200h. Even worse at 2130h they start to clean the buffet and wanted to know if I still want to eat something. OMG LH… FCL experience and 5* is something different.
Yes, & they expect pax to be out of the lounge by the closing time, not First Class or 5* but that’s LH being cheap again…
Harper50505 likes this.
Old May 17, 2022, 7:18 am

So sorry if answer is elsewhere. I haven't much time on wifi. So, we are BUS class On Thursday, Milan MXP to LAX. (layover Frankfurt). Our TA may have bought United codeshare. Seems so as the flight numbers begin with UA. Will we have access to the lounge in Milan?
Old May 17, 2022, 7:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by bvmcginnis
So sorry if answer is elsewhere. I haven't much time on wifi. So, we are BUS class On Thursday, Milan MXP to LAX. (layover Frankfurt). Our TA may have bought United codeshare. Seems so as the flight numbers begin with UA. Will we have access to the lounge in Milan?
Yes you will have access.
bvmcginnis likes this.
Old May 22, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: Aeroplan, M&M
Apologies if this has been addressed before. Any insight how the bistro lounge at FRA in Hall C is? Recommended? Or would it be better to try the lounges at A13 or A26?

Thanks

Last edited by mashlakito; May 22, 2022 at 6:24 am Reason: spelling mistake
Old May 22, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Are the SEN and Business lounges still offering the same things, or is there now a service difference between the two?
Old May 23, 2022, 12:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The C/SEN service differentiation was reintroduced last month.

The 'bistro' near the C gates is a brand new lounge, its main usp is location. The service level should be high.
dcmike likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I don't suppose anyone has an update on the status of the MUC T2S FCL?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dkc192
I don't suppose anyone has an update on the status of the MUC T2S FCL?
Update: spoke with an agent at the L SEN/C lounge, who said the facility is ready but they are struggling mightily to hire staff to run it. He added that they are thinking of shutting the T2 FCL and having T2S be the one operational FCL, but it's tricky as T2S (the entire building) quiets down or completely closes in the evening; they'd need to keep T2S open longer and run more flights out of T2S in the evening to make this work.
flospi likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 1:50 am

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Update: spoke with an agent at the L SEN/C lounge, who said the facility is ready but they are struggling mightily to hire staff to run it. He added that they are thinking of shutting the T2 FCL and having T2S be the one operational FCL, but it's tricky as T2S (the entire building) quiets down or completely closes in the evening; they'd need to keep T2S open longer and run more flights out of T2S in the evening to make this work.
I mean, yes the FCL in T2S is much nicer than the one in T2. But opening T2S and closing T2 makes no sense, as too many pax will have to use the train to and from the lounge... then again... let's wait and see :-)
Old Jun 7, 2022, 3:22 am

They also keep pushing the opening date of the second T2 SEN lounge back on a monthly basis. According to local staff, the reason for this is shortage of personnel/hiring issues.
I find this highly problematic: LH received significant rescue money from the taxpayer (and I am certainly not entirely against this) which it used to avoid bancruptcy. Additionally management streamlined the organisation to save costs (also generally positive). However, apparently management has scaled back the company and its staffing levels to an extent that operations have become dysfunctional - and such cost cutting and resulting deficiency to have been funded with taxpayers' money while the traveling taxpayers have to deal with LH's self-inflicted problems is simply unacceptable in my book.
hugolover and Harper50505 like this.

Last edited by sw1x; Jun 7, 2022 at 6:26 am
Old Jun 7, 2022, 5:16 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by sw1x
They also keep pushing the opening date of the second T2 SEN lounge back on a monthly basis. According to local staff, the reason for this is shortage of personnel/hiring issues.
I find this highly problematic: LH received significant rescue money from the taxpayer (and I am certainly not entirely against this) which it used to avoid bancruptcy. Additionally management streamligned the organisation to save costs (also generally positive). However, aparently management has scaled back the company and its staffing levels to an extent that operations have become dysfunctional - and such cost cutting and resulting deficiency to have been funded with taxpayers' money while the traveling taxpayers have to deal with LH's self-inflicted problems is simply unacceptable in my book.

I'll exchange staffing issues in one of multiple lounges for what AMS is dealing with any day.
oliver2002, flospi and MichielR like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.