Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid 19: Lufthansa lounges reopening/status

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2021, 4:35 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by supine
As of today stricter rules are in force for Hessen and hence the FRA lounges.

Looking at https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/lounges LH seems to have fallen into line with the 2G rule for restaurants.

For 18+ no test will get you in, access requires vaccination OR recovery.

For 6-18, access requires vaccination OR recovery OR a negative test OR a Schultestheft.

For under 6 there are no restrictions.
For 6-18, is the test required to be PCR? We're transiting FRA on Monday with our 6 year old and we are getting our rapid Covid tests today.

I also assume the lounge entry requirements would be the same at the sit down restaurants in the airport? Just wondering what our options are. Thank you.

​​​​​
Old Nov 26, 2021, 4:41 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by work2fly
For 6-18, is the test required to be PCR? We're transiting FRA on Monday with our 6 year old and we are getting our rapid Covid tests today.​​​​​
https://www.hessen.de/Handeln/Corona...ssen/2G-Option doesn't specify the type of test so I would presume an antigen is fine.

​​​​​
I also assume the lounge entry requirements would be the same at the sit down restaurants in the airport?​​​​​
Correct. Only take-away would be unaffected.
work2fly likes this.

Last edited by supine; Nov 26, 2021 at 5:51 am
Old Dec 1, 2021, 4:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

SEN and C lounge separation started again today:
Attached Images  
Old Dec 1, 2021, 4:42 am
Suspended

Programs: *A G, OW S.
I wonder where this applies? The LHR SEN lounge is still closed.
lhrpete likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 5:38 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by oliver2002
SEN and C lounge separation started again today:
Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
I wonder where this applies? The LHR SEN lounge is still closed.
Right, where is it talked about? At MUC Schengen, they were already separating back in August, I lined up for a Business for almost half an hour, while Senator had no line ups (I had a J ticket without status, I was denied) and HON members could skip the lines at other Business lounges.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 4:26 pm

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
flying LH J DFW to FRA next week. Is the LH lounge in D open? or should we go to the UA club in E.
Old Dec 3, 2021, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any news on SEN Cafe?
Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:41 am

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
DUS lounge

Hi. Is there any catering at Lufthansa-lounge in Düsseldorf? Danke
Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, there is catering, limited hot food, some pots of stuff, it’s passable, nothing more
sueco6 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I know Helga has re-contracted in places like DUB. There's a 17:45 departure to FRA, but the airport site says the lounge closes at 16:00, Lufthansa says it's open til 20:00. Is it the case that pax booked on LH981 have no lounge access?

I just expected a contract lounge would be open for the flight hours of its contracted party
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:07 am

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by hugolover
I know Helga has re-contracted in places like DUB. There's a 17:45 departure to FRA, but the airport site says the lounge closes at 16:00, Lufthansa says it's open til 20:00. Is it the case that pax booked on LH981 have no lounge access?

I just expected a contract lounge would be open for the flight hours of its contracted party
It's crazy they are still doing this at major airports. I had a 5pm flight last July from Frankfurt, and the lounge closed FOR THE DAY at 2pm! In practice they closed the restrooms at 1:45pm, and started kicking everyone out. They were not nice about it when I asked why restroom access was blocked so early. We then had to hang out for more than 2 hours in the gate area, despite having paid for a trans-Atlantic business class ticket.
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by akaza1
If I am flying into VIE as my destination, would I have lounge access for a shower prior to leaving the airport? Thank you in advance for your help.
my wrong answer can be deleted, if not closed again, you should be able to access

Last edited by romans; Dec 8, 2021 at 7:17 am
Old Dec 10, 2021, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by work2fly
For 6-18, is the test required to be PCR? We're transiting FRA on Monday with our 6 year old and we are getting our rapid Covid tests today.

I also assume the lounge entry requirements would be the same at the sit down restaurants in the airport? Just wondering what our options are. Thank you.

​​​​​
Was the rapid antigen sufficient for your 6 year old to enter? I will be in the same situation next week entering the Z lounge with my son.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Marriott Gold Elite, IHG Platinum, HHonors Silver
How consistently are they checking vax status? I went to MUC Senator yesterday and they just took my bp and let me through without check-in anything covid related. Asking ahead for flight out of FRA in a week
Old Dec 10, 2021, 10:58 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Your boarding pass shows ADOK if the checkin process verified your health documents so no further verification required in MUC, other locations follow other rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.