Covid 19: Lufthansa lounges reopening/status

Old Aug 20, 2021, 5:30 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by MichielR
You have a single ticket so your bag can be checked through and there is no need for retrieval and bag drop in FRA.
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
No, none of this nonsense this side of the pond.
That's good news -- that will make this a much easier connection for us, in the middle of a very long day.

You should have access to both the main SEN lounge near A50 and BIZ lounge near A13, on the opposite sides of the main A shopping area. That is unless something changes - ordinarily you would only have access to BIZ with a J ticket, for SEN you need *G status or J ticket as Amex Plat holder. There is also a lounge near gate A26, which is a takeaway only at this time - not much advantage for you as you will be getting service in J on LIS flight, but useful for those catching Y flights without enough time for a longer stop.
Any chance of catching a quick shower in any of those lounges we can access? We will manage without if needed, but we will still have about 12 more hours of travel ahead of us after we transit FRA, so if we could get one, a quick shower would feel good upon arrival there.

Thanks again, appreciate the very helpful info.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 5:50 pm

Showers were open when I transited in January 2021. There might be a line for the showers so check-in right away.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by ual744777sta
Showers were open when I transited in January 2021. There might be a line for the showers so check-in right away.
Thanks. Any specific lounge, or all of those suggested below? Any of them tend to have shorter shower lines?
Old Aug 21, 2021, 2:43 am

Programs: UA Silver, whatever the Amex plat gets me and somehow still IHG Diamond after 3 years of no nights
Z50 was turning people away at 1030am today (Saturday) saying they were full. Sort of annoying with 3 hours between flights.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by HKG1111
closing the FCL lounge in Terminal 1 for being able to open the FCT does not really seems a great benefit. All HONs traveling through Frankfurt now have to walk to the FCT when transiting as I assume no car service getting to the lounge but only from the lounge. The longhaul traffic in F to Asia, US etc. is not really back which is often starts in FCT
Indeed, it will help some & not others..... a lot of time is needed to get to FCT, particularly with the current formalities.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 5:12 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chris63
Indeed, it will help some & not others..... a lot of time is needed to get to FCT, particularly with the current formalities.
In your estimation, about how long will it take?
shipsmail likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2021, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Surface Interval
In your estimation, about how long will it take?
If you arrive at A close to the exit, just 5 minutes, since you would already be in Schengen, from far A gates, maybe 15 minutes, if you arrive at B & have to go through the immigration process & non EU passport could be 1 hour easily.

So many variables & it’s FRA which is such a difficult airport to transit.
SFO777 and FlyerLX like this.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 2:31 am

Passing through FRA today as a Star Alliance gold, on my way to the UK. Could anyone advise the current lounge situation - I think I can access the first class lounges, but which ones are open now (and would h be able to get to as a non-Schengen departure)?

The last time I went through in December it was very limited - I think it was just the business lounge in B, with no food and only a coffee to take away.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by squawk
Passing through FRA today as a Star Alliance gold, on my way to the UK. Could anyone advise the current lounge situation - I think I can access the first class lounges, but which ones are open now (and would h be able to get to as a non-Schengen departure)?

The last time I went through in December it was very limited - I think it was just the business lounge in B, with no food and only a coffee to take away.
Likely your U.K. departure will be from B , so B43 Senator lounge, for *A gold, to access the FCL you need to be arriving in F or HON. FCL A is the only F lounge currently open, there is a F & HON area in B 43 SEN lounge but it’s not great !
squawk likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Likely your U.K. departure will be from B , so B43 Senator lounge, for *A gold, to access the FCL you need to be arriving in F or HON. FCL A is the only F lounge currently open, there is a F & HON area in B 43 SEN lounge but it’s not great !
Thank you! I ended up helping an elderly couple on my connection who had missed their transatlantic flight to the US (and subsequent onward domestic) for a couple of hours so I didn’t visit any lounges in the end!
nwflyboy, chris63 and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 12:46 pm

...You should have access to both the main SEN lounge near A50 and BIZ lounge near A13, on the opposite sides of the main A shopping area. That is unless something changes - ordinarily you would only have access to BIZ with a J ticket, for SEN you need *G status or J ticket as Amex Plat holder. There is also a lounge near gate A26...
Thanks again, and one more question about these lounges: I have a ~3 hour connection in FRA, and would like to print out a few pages from email while there, before we board our onward flight. Any reasonable options here?

Ideally we would like to find a "business center" space where we could briefly hop on an internet-connected computer with printer. We are not traveling with a laptop but will have an iPhone, with the document received via email (and would also be able to log in and access the email account from a public computer). So best option: computer + printer we can use. If not that, the next best option: a compatible printer we might be able to print to wirelessly from the phone (depends on what printer is available...I can print to my printer at home from the phone, so I know it's possible with the right printer and app installed).

Anyone know if one of these lounges that we will have access to would have a a computer + printer, or even just a printer connected to the lounge wifi, that we could use? If the lounges don't have printers, any other suggestions on where we could accomplish this task in FRA during our 3-hour layover? Many thanks for any tips.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 1:07 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The A50 lounge has a color laser printer available where you just email what you want to print to a certain email ID and you get a code to punch into the keypad and the mail and its attachments are printed.

nwflyboy, chris63 and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by squawk
Thank you! I ended up helping an elderly couple on my connection who had missed their transatlantic flight to the US (and subsequent onward domestic) for a couple of hours so I didn’t visit any lounges in the end!
Bravo 👍

We need more like you on this planet
nwflyboy, hugolover and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The A50 lounge has a color laser printer available where you just email what you want to print to a certain email ID and you get a code to punch into the keypad and the mail and its attachments are printed.
That would be great. Thanks for the help, much appreciated.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unfortunately Captain Carsten took away our ability to guest such pax into the lounge unless they’re on the same flight
chris63 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.