Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LOT Polish restructuring [and other armchair CEO comments]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2022, 5:47 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
I was going to ask if there's any plan to expand the WAW lounge because it's a complete mess right now but I suppose the previous post answers my question
Old Sep 13, 2022, 6:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While this is just a copy paste from Basia's own financial reports I do find, that like a lot of Polish "news" sites 'Pasazer' is pretty poor. I guess they just need the clicks for the ad revenue and churn out crappy articles from people who don't fly very often. Written in Mums bedroom? For example:

https://www.pasazer.com/news/461927/...usiness,lounge

This article dated 3rd September says LOT don't have a Business Lounge in Budapest. "It is worth adding that LOT's Budapest zone is currently the only one that has still not opened after the coronavirus pandemic."

I posted weeks ago that Plaza Premium took over the LO Lounge in the Non-Schengen area and LO contracted both Plaza lounges. There is even a press release from Plaza about it dated 1st March. 6 months later and they don't know this? https://www.plazapremiumlounge.com/e...opean-presence

You can see the typical LO furniture, there is even the famous poster on the wall... Two seconds on Google.

All Basia pax to WAW have access to Plaza in Schengen area and pax heading to JFK, ICN have access to Plaza in non-Schengen, which is the old LOT lounge. MS also use it.
Old Sep 13, 2022, 1:13 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by TPJ
I am not sure how LOT performed versus other airlines, I think only TK and QR made money.
TK and QR are "connecting the world" and "no strike guaranteed" airlines, there would be the reason of profit.

Originally Posted by the810
I was going to ask if there's any plan to expand the WAW lounge because it's a complete mess right now but I suppose the previous post answers my question
I guess you had just wrong timing or I right one. Yet to see the mess there, in both areas in Schengen lounge. Next time after few days.
Old Dec 21, 2022, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Milczarski has been fired as CEO of LOT and PGL today
Old Dec 21, 2022, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
Milczarski has been fired as CEO of LOT and PGL today
No longer in the government's good books I assume? Oh well, I will miss his monthly copy-and-paste on page 3 (for the British audience: page 3 of Kailedoscope, just to be clear, LOL).

Two women apparently replacing him on both roles (on a temporary basis, though).

G
Old Dec 21, 2022, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You think he wrote that?
I wonder what it means for champagne in Elite...?

Could it be the political class realised their SEN/HON is gonna be way harder and he got the chop cos he allowed it to happen?

So many useless former CEOs who could continue the deckchairs on the Titanic strategy...
Alex Cruz, Wolfgang Prock-Schauer, maybe Christine Ourmieres-Widener? Though she is unfortunately busy doing an excellent job at TAP, maybe Mr Milky can swap with her?
Old Dec 21, 2022, 8:28 am

Another puppet to follow, possibly from one of the other big enterprises where the Polish state has significant involvement, PKP perhaps? Milczarski himself had a past in the railway sector, LOL. That being said, I don't really care who's next in line (P.S.: my vote goes for Obajtek – young, capable and with the right "contacts" ), as long as our favourite airline keeps sending its Embraers over here in the mighty Balkans.

G
Old Dec 21, 2022, 9:09 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by hugolover
I wonder what it means for champagne in Elite...?
I guess nothing. At least as long as Members of the Parliament are able to earn SEN under new rules Otherwise they would moan and moan forever And I guess new CEO would not want to complain too much...
Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:31 am

You are not attentive enough, fifty_two, we had already been informed by our hugolover, he knew it all before TVN24 and even TVP: here.

G
Old Dec 23, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: M&M Senator
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
You are not attentive enough, fifty_two, we had already been informed by our hugolover, he knew it all before TVN24 and even TVP: here.

G
Conversely, he did not include the information that two women were (in the interim) moving up the corporate ladder - Katarzyna Lewandowska & Elżbieta Bugaj.

Of course one should mention that this is part of the intra-party warfare going on at this time - with Milczarski being seen as Morawiecki's guy. (Election coming up.) https://next.gazeta.pl/next/7,151003...czlowieka.html

However, there is another question which no one ever raises - with LOT transatlantic pricing for Business class well exceeding that of LH or LX , and sold out for weeks at a time (vide early January) - there is no explanation for the level of service they offer... or what they refer to as an amenities kit. Even the prices of PE (which equal LX or LH Business) or E are often higher than LH. Which leads to the question - why did he refuse to increase salaries this year?
Old Dec 24, 2022, 2:27 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Gamerska

However, there is another question which no one ever raises - with LOT transatlantic pricing for Business class well exceeding that of LH or LX , and sold out for weeks at a time (vide early January) - there is no explanation for the level of service they offer... or what they refer to as an amenities kit. ?
They have monopoly on non-stop flights to US/CA and take advantage of this. They have very competitive pricing from places they have to compete with incumbent carriers in. Look at ex-ARN F-class fares... And I guess ex-ARN SK is the most expensive carrier.

Yes - amenity kit is one big joke, but otherwise soft product is absolutely fine. Even the seats are great for sleeping. I always have problems with sleeping in these coffin seats competitors have - never on LO or TK seats.
Old Dec 24, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: M&M Senator
Originally Posted by TPJ
They have monopoly on non-stop flights to US/CA and take advantage of this. They have very competitive pricing from places they have to compete with incumbent carriers in. Look at ex-ARN F-class fares... And I guess ex-ARN SK is the most expensive carrier.

Yes - amenity kit is one big joke, but otherwise soft product is absolutely fine. Even the seats are great for sleeping. I always have problems with sleeping in these coffin seats competitors have - never on LO or TK seats.
You see their seats as a great positive (I presume you don't aclaim the one or two on each flight that malfunction and don't lie flat unless someone manually sets them up) but you didn't remark on their service...

Of course they have a monopoly on the US/CA routes for direct non-stop flights (that last statement can be made now that they dropped the BUD stop) - my unspoken point was - why did the former Prezes reduce salaries and staffing at a time when they were charging 'krocie' in all classes and selling out?
geomag42 likes this.

Last edited by Gamerska; Dec 24, 2022 at 10:49 am Reason: spelling -
Old Dec 24, 2022, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

He hated the crew. Look at the strikes in 2018, getting rid of Supervisors and Instructors...

I heard he has a similar personality to tax-payer funded HON, Richard Czarnecki. Let's just say, they're both full of it.

And OMG since when has Basia been run like some kind of normal commercial airline seeking to return value to its shareholders, in this case, the Polish people. Firstly, stop all the free tix for cronies, then we can talk .
Old Dec 27, 2022, 4:33 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AF Gold / Accor Gold / Hilton Diamond / TP Silver / A3 Gold
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK

G
Aaahh yeah , he wrote it there , i missed it ... but i knew about it for few weeks that situation was getting worse and something would happen soon .... just didnt want to spread insider's rumors until confirmation
iLied likes this.

Last edited by fifty_two; Dec 27, 2022 at 4:48 am
Old Oct 5, 2023, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Fijol (Member of the Greenberg Group ) has announced Basia's wishlist for the next few years.

By 2028 they will have 110 aircraft and fly 17m pax pa.

A 30% share in the Polish market- What is it now?

Destinations to include:

SFO, YUL, BOS, IAD.
KEF, BGO, HEL, MAN, DUB, HAJ, NUE, BSL, LYS, BLQ, MLA, AGP, LIS, SKG, ATH, LCA, IAS, AMM, RUH, AUH, IKA, ALA.
CMB, BKK, SIN, SGN, HAN, CAN, PVG, BUS, KIX.

He says there's already bilateral's in place to open up new stuff, that's not really true though is it? To add x BUS they'd have to drop however many ICN. The bilateral is 5x pw.

A good few are resumptions of stuff that died off or were supposed to launch but didn't and formed part of the previous wishlist (aka WAW slot planning).

They will acquire two additional MAX from ALC, so 5 next year.

Nothing announced on E2 or A220.

Seems they might acquire a B787 sim, cos they don't have one...

Take it all with a pinch of salt, bear in mind the context of the elections this month for the timing. This is politics.
fifty_two and smartytravel like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.