Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Time Change by 70 minutes: refund without penalty?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2020, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: None
Time Change by 70 minutes: refund without penalty?

I had a flight with Lufthansa from Berlin to Munich. Lufthansa changed the schedule by 1 hour and 10 minutes, and changed the flight from Lufthansa to Lufthansa Cityline. Is this enough reason to ask for a full refund? The change code is 15070 and not 15069. I haven't received any email from them yet but I saw this on their website. They ask me to acknowledge the change but I can't see any button to acknowledge / deny the change.

"A schedule change has occurred on this trip. Please acknowledge it and choose your trip options again (seats, meals,...) (15070)"
Old May 28, 2020, 8:05 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by krishansy
I had a flight with Lufthansa from Berlin to Munich. Lufthansa changed the schedule by 1 hour and 10 minutes, and changed the flight from Lufthansa to Lufthansa Cityline. Is this enough reason to ask for a full refund? The change code is 15070 and not 15069. I haven't received any email from them yet but I saw this on their website. They ask me to acknowledge the change but I can't see any button to acknowledge / deny the change.

"A schedule change has occurred on this trip. Please acknowledge it and choose your trip options again (seats, meals,...) (15070)"
MUC-TXL and v.v. are currently operated by CLH. I doubt that this change is significant enough to get a refund. Plus you know how eager LH is to refund money these days. You have to call in to discuss options, including just to acknowledge the change.
Old May 28, 2020, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cas_de
MUC-TXL and v.v. are currently operated by CLH. I doubt that this change is significant enough to get a refund. Plus you know how eager LH is to refund money these days. You have to call in to discuss options, including just to acknowledge the change.
Thanks. What about the delay of departure time by 1 hour and 10 minutes (departure time from 12:55 PM to 2:05 PM)? Can this be a reason to expect a refund?
Old May 28, 2020, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by krishansy
Thanks. What about the delay of departure time by 1 hour and 10 minutes (departure time from 12:55 PM to 2:05 PM)? Can this be a reason to expect a refund?
I doubt it, but I am not an expert. Even if they agree to a refund it'll take forever to get your money back. Just read through all the threads here on FT. Personally, I have asked for a refund for three tickets (two in March, one in April) and none of the three tickets have been refunded yet.
Old May 28, 2020, 8:34 am
Original Poster

I doubt it, but I am not an expert. Even if they agree to a refund it'll take forever to get your money back. Just read through all the threads here on FT. Personally, I have asked for a refund for three tickets (two in March, one in April) and none of the three tickets have been refunded yet.
Thank you. I also doubt I have grounds for refund. I can't take this flight in June. Unfortunately, I don't intend to travel this year and don't know about my plans next year. However, I will have to make the decision of any change (under the one-time Covid19 free rebooking rule) before the departure of the flight, else it will be a no-show. So, I guess it's money down the drain for me.
Old May 28, 2020, 8:46 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Check if the flight number changed. If it has then its a cancellation and rebooking, which entitles you for a refund.
Old May 28, 2020, 8:48 am

delete - Oliver2002 was faster to respond.
Old May 28, 2020, 8:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Check if the flight number changed. If it has then its a cancellation and rebooking, which entitles you for a refund.
Unfortunately, the flight number has not changed. It's a schedule change. Thanks.
Old May 28, 2020, 9:04 am
Original Poster

delete - Oliver2002 was faster to respond.
To your original post: Yes, I will definitely give it a try by calling them. Thank you. I will plead citing both the delay as well as change to Cityline. The Cityline is flying a "Canadian Regional Jet 900" which I believe is a Bombardier. Since, I am traveling with an infant, will say, I would prefer not to travel on this aircraft. Flimsy grounds. But let's see.

I read through several cases where Lufthansa allowed refund for 30 mins delay. But these are tough times and such requests are likely not going to be entertained.
Old May 28, 2020, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Hi oliver2022, one more question on this. I refer to your post on another thread that states (for Lufthansa Group) that "As of 28 May 2020 active segments in bookings affected by a reaccommodation/schedule change (after UN, UN/TK or TK) have to be reconfirmed, otherwise they will be cancelled ". Shouldn't this be applicable to me. There was a schedule change to my flight - so will I be TK? If yes, then if I don't acknowledge the change in time of departure, my ticket should get cancelled? And then, I can proceed for rebooking or refund as applicable to any cancelled booking? Thanks.
Old May 29, 2020, 12:52 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Call LH and ask.
Old May 29, 2020, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Thank you,
Old Jun 24, 2020, 10:21 am
Original Poster

If my flight gets cancelled and I am rebooked to another flight departing 25 minutes later, can I ask for full refund instead?
Old Jun 25, 2020, 1:40 am

Yes. Cancellation is your golden ticket to a full refund. Just make sure you call in.
krishansy likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 4:38 am
Original Poster

Yes. Cancellation is your golden ticket to a full refund. Just make sure you call in.
Thanks. I called them last night and they said they would process the refund in 1-2 weeks. Also, Spohr just said in the EGM that the refunds will be processed in 6 weeks - they have allotted additional funds for this. Let's see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.