Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH vs BA (ORD-LHR and TLV), F product and how to upgrade as SEN?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2020, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
LH vs BA (ORD-LHR and TLV), F product and how to upgrade as SEN?

I am an expat Brit living in Chicago, currently GGL with BA, but getting so hugely ****ed off with them that I am seriously considering a switch. My principal flying habits involve ORD to LHR and TLV (usually both within one trip), plus a load of US domestic flying (that I can easily move from AA to UA). I know little about M&M, but could easily get Senator status within a year. When I fly over the Atlantic, I'm keen to fly an airline that has a First cabin - will this still exist on LH? And how easy are upgrades from Business to First?

And if there should be anyone on here who can make a brief comparison to BA, I'd be invested in that as well, possibly by PM.
Old May 25, 2020, 12:20 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Hi, and welcome to the LH side of FT.

The BA forum ponders about your topics once in a while... there are a few threads about it:
GGL or HON circle
Some thoughts - Lufthansa vs BA business class
How Does BA First Compare?
Executive Club (BA) vs Miles & More (LH)

LH has F out of ORD, but the departure experience is barely F classy: Chicago Lounges LH First [merged]

Inside Europe (and the near east) LH operates narrowbodies, so you will 'enjoy' euro business to TLV.

Upgrading to F is easier if you are a UA 1K, the options as SEN are not stellar.
Old May 25, 2020, 12:44 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Might I suggest considering routing with LX instead of LH on ORD-TLV, the M&M program would stay the same, but you would enjoy an F seat all the way to TLV, as LX still operates long haul planes to TLV. First isn't being sold on ZRH-TLV but the F seats (with J service) are given to HON and F connecting pax or can be bought or assigned by asking nicely.
Furthermore I personally prefer LX over LH F.

So you could not only chose LH but also LX F when switching to M&M.
mmff likes this.
Old May 25, 2020, 6:05 pm

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Hi, and welcome to the LH side of FT.

The BA forum ponders about your topics once in a while... there are a few threads about it:
GGL or HON circle
Some thoughts - Lufthansa vs BA business class
How Does BA First Compare?
Executive Club (BA) vs Miles & More (LH)

LH has F out of ORD, but the departure experience is barely F classy: Chicago Lounges LH First [merged]

Inside Europe (and the near east) LH operates narrowbodies, so you will 'enjoy' euro business to TLV.

Upgrading to F is easier if you are a UA 1K, the options as SEN are not stellar.
A useful detail for LH C&F tickets out of ORD is that it gives access to the United Polaris lounge, with walking distance from the gate. That’ll offer better stuff than any SEN lounge, as for example full dinner menu, champagne etc.
Old May 25, 2020, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
Looks to me as if TLV May have lost flatbed business class post pandemic. Am I correct?
Old May 25, 2020, 10:59 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by DominicB
Looks to me as if TLV May have lost flatbed business class post pandemic. Am I correct?
I think some specific flights with LX still get flat bed but i am not sure with LH.
Old May 25, 2020, 11:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It really is a bit early to say anything definitive.
mmff likes this.
Old May 26, 2020, 12:20 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Kleffen
A useful detail for LH C&F tickets out of ORD is that it gives access to the United Polaris lounge, with walking distance from the gate. That’ll offer better stuff than any SEN lounge, as for example full dinner menu, champagne etc.
LX departs from T5 where they have their own lounge with a very small F section. It may feel more exclusive but I prefer the Polaris Lounge.

I don’t think switching between longhaul and shorthaul aircraft is new.
Yet again LX downgrade TLV aircraft [to A32S] in the last minute...
Old May 26, 2020, 12:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Kleffen
As compared to the AA flagship lounge in ORD?
Old May 26, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: EBD , FBG
Originally Posted by oliver2002
As compared to the AA flagship lounge in ORD?
Good point, given that it’s as nice as Polaris. I’ve never been, and try to avoid AA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.