Wiki Posts
Search

LH group meals during COVID 19

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2020, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
LH group meals during COVID 19

Hello all. I was wondering if people can upload photos of meals in all classes during COVID 19 or at least some examples. Thanks.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:33 pm

Programs: LH SEN
LX in Europe in Y just have normal drinks service. The cheese sandwich is no more.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 3:48 pm

Programs: A3*G, LH*FQTV
Flew ARN-FRA-TXL on 29/3: On LH 807 in Y, they handed out the usual sandwiches (salami, thankfully they also had a cheese option when asking for vegetarian) and water bottles. On LH 202, I got a CU and so I got this meal (veggie default – much appreciated from my perspective) plus again a 0.5l bottle of still water. Sorry for the grainy picture, this is supposed to be a cold platter with mushrooms and zucchini plus potato salad, Swiss cheese, some not really distinguishable spread and a small radish. I considered it a rather strange assortment but it was actually quite decent. The dessert was probably the best part, some apple pie-ish thing.

Last edited by nini_su; Apr 3, 2020 at 2:41 am
Old Apr 2, 2020, 4:12 pm
Original Poster

Nini_su thank you for the photo. If you don’t mind I will use it to another thread. Anyone’s had any photos from long haul flights please? If yes post it here.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 2:41 am

Programs: A3*G, LH*FQTV
Sure thing.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 3:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Catering service is normal on all flights. The catering operation is still there, just has nothing to do. LSG reports about 1% of normal business.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 4:42 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LSG reports about 1% of normal business.
No more "staffing shortages at catering"? Tables have turned. Now LSG are dealing with passenger shortages and work-to-do shortages.
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 4:48 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Catering service is normal on all flights
I find it telling that LH is able to continue service as normal, whereas AC has gutted their inflight service in the name of "safety": https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...g-changes.html
hugolover likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 5:32 am

Same with BA - only water and a biscuit in Club Europe. They add a bag of pretzels for longer European C flights
Old Apr 3, 2020, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by HNL1K
Same with BA - only water and a biscuit in Club Europe. They add a bag of pretzels for longer European C flights
Yes. My Aldi in the UK is full with Alcohol again. And not sure why it is supposedly safer for crew to give me a water than a bottle of Champagne in CE.

I think Alex said ‘let’s save at least on the booze as long as we can’
Old Apr 3, 2020, 8:49 am

I think the intention from other airlines is to minimize the contact between passengers and crew. I heard KLM are just placing a bottle of water and sandwich on the seat before passengers board.

Different airlines, different risk assessments.
Old May 21, 2020, 4:59 pm

Programs: AC E75K
LH Meal Service During Covid?

I'm flying YOW-AMS on Sunday via FRA because AC cancelled its nonstop YYZ-AMS flight. AC has scaled back its meal service during these covid times and I was curious if LH has done the same. Some light googling didn't yield an answer so hoping someone who's flown LH recently can help.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 3:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Limited service scheme till the end of August 2020

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/curr...board-services
Old Jun 8, 2020, 4:14 am

@starflyergold is shocked that TK is worse than LH in C:

starflyergold likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 6:48 am
Original Poster

All airlines have reduced their meal service. I have to say LH is currently offering a very good C meal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.