LH/LX First Class Longhaul during Coronavirus

Old May 14, 20, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, AA PLT, DL PM
LH/LX First Class Longhaul during Coronavirus

Hi Everyone,

Been searching the forums and online but I haven't been able to find any firsthand experiences of flying LH/LX First during the coronavirus pandemic.

Has anyone here been on one of the long haul flights that cares to share their experience with a comparison to pre-coronavirus flights?

Is there a thread or link sharing what LH/LX have confirmed they are not doing for F/HON passengers (besides the temporary closure of the lounges)?

Side note: I actually sent an email to my US based HON rep just to say hello but got an auto-response stating that "the HON Circle Relation Manager Program is not available at this time."

Thanks!
Old May 15, 20, 1:59 am

Programs: M&M SEN**
I find service on FRA-GRU pretty normal. Only change was that there were limited options on the main course. In GRU the PA Service works as usual but in Frankfurt the F services (Lounge etc) are no longer being offered for the time being. In a nutshell no major changes on the overall travel experience as such (disregarding the fact that Frankfurt airport is more like a spooky wasteland in the evenings)
Old May 15, 20, 9:08 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBG
Originally Posted by gru_muc View Post
I find service on FRA-GRU pretty normal. Only change was that there were limited options on the main course. In GRU the PA Service works as usual but in Frankfurt the F services (Lounge etc) are no longer being offered for the time being. In a nutshell no major changes on the overall travel experience as such (disregarding the fact that Frankfurt airport is more like a spooky wasteland in the evenings)
When is this datapoint from?
Old May 16, 20, 1:19 am

Programs: LH HON
I transited through FRA last week as HON but from ARN to LHR. All F lounges seems closed. We disembarked on apron in FRA and there was no HON service (HON line said not to expect a car and to call them if my connection became short, as they would see what they could do). I did get a greeting and thank you from the purser on one of my flights. Ironically, it was the first time I was ever specifically greeted on an LH flight (I’m always singled out on LX).

In short, I wouldn’t expect anything in terms of ground service for HON/F passengers at least in FRA.
Zorro likes this.
Old May 17, 20, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by MatthiasWagner View Post
When is this datapoint from?
end of April

flew again day before yesterday; normal service but only vegetarian food available (in all courses)
MatthiasWagner likes this.
Old May 17, 20, 8:02 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ PPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
end of April

flew again day before yesterday; normal service but only vegetarian food available (in all courses)
So LH F is only serving vegetarian food now? That doesn’t seem normal to me lol
Old May 17, 20, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by vantage03 View Post
So LH F is only serving vegetarian food now? That doesn’t seem normal to me lol
the crew themselves appeared to be a bit surprised about that - but, taking a step back, those things are of no real importance to me; what counts is that I got safely from A to B - and to compensate us for the mishap the P2 (who is also a professional sommelière) offered a nice degustation of the entire set of wines they had on board and flying joker gave a show

what I try to focus on in these times is the humane aspect of the entire situation and not so much whether all the fringe benefits are in place etc.
Kleffen, dcmike, view and 1 others like this.
Old May 17, 20, 11:53 am

Programs: LH HON
what I try to focus on in these times is the humane aspect of the entire situation and not so much whether all the fringe benefits are in place etc.
that is so refreshing!
Kleffen and lx343 like this.
Old May 18, 20, 9:57 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ PPS, VA TCL, EK Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist
the crew themselves appeared to be a bit surprised about that - but, taking a step back, those things are of no real importance to me; what counts is that I got safely from A to B - and to compensate us for the mishap the P2 (who is also a professional sommelière) offered a nice degustation of the entire set of wines they had on board and flying joker gave a show

This is all well and good and lovely and all of that... but if “those things are of no importance” to you (which is totally fair enough), you can get from A to B safely on a significantly cheaper ticket further down the plane, and at the same time you won’t have to get the P2 do a joker show for you?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: