FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   LH/LX First Class Longhaul during Coronavirus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/2017738-lh-lx-first-class-longhaul-during-coronavirus.html)

MBR18 May 14, 2020 2:46 pm

LH/LX First Class Longhaul during Coronavirus

Hi Everyone,

Been searching the forums and online but I haven't been able to find any firsthand experiences of flying LH/LX First during the coronavirus pandemic.

Has anyone here been on one of the long haul flights that cares to share their experience with a comparison to pre-coronavirus flights?

Is there a thread or link sharing what LH/LX have confirmed they are not doing for F/HON passengers (besides the temporary closure of the lounges)?

Side note: I actually sent an email to my US based HON rep just to say hello but got an auto-response stating that "the HON Circle Relation Manager Program is not available at this time."

Thanks!

gru_muc May 15, 2020 1:59 am

I find service on FRA-GRU pretty normal. Only change was that there were limited options on the main course. In GRU the PA Service works as usual but in Frankfurt the F services (Lounge etc) are no longer being offered for the time being. In a nutshell no major changes on the overall travel experience as such (disregarding the fact that Frankfurt airport is more like a spooky wasteland in the evenings)

MatthiasWagner May 15, 2020 9:08 am

Originally Posted by gru_muc (Post 32376875)
I find service on FRA-GRU pretty normal. Only change was that there were limited options on the main course. In GRU the PA Service works as usual but in Frankfurt the F services (Lounge etc) are no longer being offered for the time being. In a nutshell no major changes on the overall travel experience as such (disregarding the fact that Frankfurt airport is more like a spooky wasteland in the evenings)

When is this datapoint from?

sophialite May 16, 2020 1:19 am

I transited through FRA last week as HON but from ARN to LHR. All F lounges seems closed. We disembarked on apron in FRA and there was no HON service (HON line said not to expect a car and to call them if my connection became short, as they would see what they could do). I did get a greeting and thank you from the purser on one of my flights. Ironically, it was the first time I was ever specifically greeted on an LH flight (I’m always singled out on LX).

In short, I wouldn’t expect anything in terms of ground service for HON/F passengers at least in FRA.

gru_muc May 17, 2020 4:28 am

Originally Posted by MatthiasWagner (Post 32377694)
When is this datapoint from?

end of April

flew again day before yesterday; normal service but only vegetarian food available (in all courses)

vantage03 May 17, 2020 8:02 am

Originally Posted by gru_muc (Post 32382227)
end of April

flew again day before yesterday; normal service but only vegetarian food available (in all courses)

So LH F is only serving vegetarian food now? That doesn’t seem normal to me lol

gru_muc May 17, 2020 11:24 am

Originally Posted by vantage03 (Post 32382557)
So LH F is only serving vegetarian food now? That doesn’t seem normal to me lol

the crew themselves appeared to be a bit surprised about that - but, taking a step back, those things are of no real importance to me; what counts is that I got safely from A to B - and to compensate us for the mishap the P2 (who is also a professional sommelière) offered a nice degustation of the entire set of wines they had on board and flying joker gave a show

what I try to focus on in these times is the humane aspect of the entire situation and not so much whether all the fringe benefits are in place etc.

daumueller May 17, 2020 11:53 am

Originally Posted by gru_muc (Post 32382955)
what I try to focus on in these times is the humane aspect of the entire situation and not so much whether all the fringe benefits are in place etc.

that is so refreshing!

vantage03 May 18, 2020 9:57 am

Originally Posted by gru_muc (Post 32382955)
the crew themselves appeared to be a bit surprised about that - but, taking a step back, those things are of no real importance to me; what counts is that I got safely from A to B - and to compensate us for the mishap the P2 (who is also a professional sommelière) offered a nice degustation of the entire set of wines they had on board and flying joker gave a show

This is all well and good and lovely and all of that... but if “those things are of no importance” to you (which is totally fair enough), you can get from A to B safely on a significantly cheaper ticket further down the plane, and at the same time you won’t have to get the P2 do a joker show for you?

gru_muc May 25, 2020 1:35 am

Originally Posted by vantage03 (Post 32385341)
This is all well and good and lovely and all of that... but if “those things are of no importance” to you (which is totally fair enough), you can get from A to B safely on a significantly cheaper ticket further down the plane, and at the same time you won’t have to get the P2 do a joker show for you?

the key feature of the hard product (a good bed for sleeping) hasn’t changed during the crisis - that’s the reason why I gladly continue paying a higher price for my night flights, the rest are nice to haves that may or may not come along but for which I wouldn’t pay more

sophialite May 25, 2020 1:42 am

Originally Posted by gru_muc (Post 32401625)
the key feature of the hard product (a good bed for sleeping) hasn’t changed during the crisis - that’s the reason why I gladly continue paying a higher price for my night flights, the rest are nice to haves that may or may not come along but for which I wouldn’t pay more

This contradicts your initial post, but eh whatever. enjoy F.

gru_muc May 27, 2020 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by sophialite (Post 32401636)
This contradicts your initial post, but eh whatever. enjoy F.

my goodness, flyertalk is worse than being cross-examined in court :-D

Jasper2009 Jun 1, 2020 8:58 pm

On a somewhat related note: How are LH/LX handling catering in business class?

oliver2002 Jun 2, 2020 1:28 am

It seems the catering in F&C will be restored to 'normal' levels together with the restart/restoration of services on June 15. Also the service in Y (longhaul?) will include 'a choice of beverages'. I suppose the inflight service is aligning with the guidelines issued by the German authorities for indoor service in restaurants.

hugolover Jun 2, 2020 5:27 am

Have you seen the lounges? No drinks and no food. Just water and some crisps and Kit Kat’s.

How come no booze? No sandwiches? LOT have the usual booze offer minus ice.