Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/LX First Class Longhaul during Coronavirus

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2021, 11:16 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
If there is an F cabin (mostly on B748) available they are selling F. The service in flight is the usual F show. No FCL service on the ground, no pdb due to mask restrictions.
I got pdb on LH F
BinSabai likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by vantage03
I got pdb on LH F
Ex FRA I did not get pdb & that’s currently the regulation......
Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:21 pm

What is pdb? preferred delicious beverage? personal drink bar?

I personally think it is a shame that there is no f ground service in FRA any more. It would make flying so much more convenient and preferable in the current situation if there would be somethink to look forward to, e.g. a nice and calm lounge.

Even the HON fast lane does not exist anymore, there is a sign still showing it, but after passing the check it is redirected to the regular economy lane.

If Lufthansa would really want to encourage some more travel, they should look from a customer perspective and try to have some basic ground services back... Especially for the customers who were downgraded from F to C for the next 2-3 months, and for the HON customers flying expensive C tickets.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by SebFra
What is pdb? preferred delicious beverage? personal drink bar?
Pre departure beverage haha

i do think they need to open up a fcl lounge with good food and drinks soon, but they follow the lockdown rules in Germany so it’s not necessarily LH that has chosen to not open the lounges fully
Old Feb 23, 2021, 2:00 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by NickRivas
...but they follow the lockdown rules in Germany...
Right, so no F&B service but they could hire a barber and offer haircuts. 🤦‍♂️
BinSabai and tuchop like this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 2:11 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by supine
Right, so no F&B service but they could hire a barber and offer haircuts. 🤦‍♂️
At the moment I'd probably need the barber way more than fancy food :P
Old Feb 23, 2021, 2:32 pm

What they should do is either open the FCL lounge or J lounges fully with food and drink options (especially F) but

allow people who’ve been vaccinated

or give people rapid tests before entering

or accept a negative PCR test within the last 72 hours

This way the risk of spreading corona is reduced while still allowing people to have lounge access with everything. Of course you’d still wear masks when not eating/drinking and distance.

Considering Austria is planning on opening bars/restaurants to people who show a negative test and is already allowing hair salons for people with negative covid tests, I don’t see this being too far from reality
BinSabai and DiamondMile like this.
Old Feb 23, 2021, 2:40 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Never going to happen. Germany is still caught up in a "no privileges for vaccinated folk" mindset. Aim is get vaccinations done, and R number low enough, so that restrictions can be lifted for everyone.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 1:29 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by chris63
Ex FRA I did not get pdb & that’s currently the regulation......
got pdb yesterday in ZRH
Old Mar 5, 2021, 12:53 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Never going to happen. Germany is still caught up in a "no privileges for vaccinated folk" mindset.
Typically stupid mindset based on misplaced conceptions about fairness...

Aim is get vaccinations done, and R number low enough, so that restrictions can be lifted for everyone.
Great... At their current rate of vaccination that means FCT / FCL might be able to re-open in 2030...
Old Apr 12, 2021, 3:00 am

Programs: Miles & More SEN, ALL Platinum
Got pdb on FRA-MEX 2 weeks ago
Old Apr 18, 2021, 3:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
We are off to MEX on tuesday - load in F 3/8 - someone stole our F privacy already
I expect F lounges are still closed right?
Old Aug 26, 2021, 9:57 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
I’m thinking of upgrading my FRA-LAX to F next week. But before doing so I have a couple of questions:

1) I’m coming in from VCE on LH as well but on separate tickets, what will the ground experience be like if there is any? We will let VCE know that we want boarding passes all the way to LAX.

2) which lounges are currently used for F pax? Will we be able to visit the F lounge at the F terminal?

3) do they still drive you to the Aircraft? Will they pick us up by car on previous flight if on remote stand?

4) Is on board service back to normal?

5) If we upgrade using cash, will my fare code still be the same or will it upgrade to F or A or??? Currently on a P ticket.

thanks in advance
Old Aug 26, 2021, 10:10 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by KL808
I’m thinking of upgrading my FRA-LAX to F next week. But before doing so I have a couple of questions:

1) I’m coming in from VCE on LH as well but on separate tickets, what will the ground experience be like if there is any? We will let VCE know that we want boarding passes all the way to LAX.

2) which lounges are currently used for F pax? Will we be able to visit the F lounge at the F terminal?

3) do they still drive you to the Aircraft? Will they pick us up by car on previous flight if on remote stand?

4) Is on board service back to normal?

5) If we upgrade using cash, will my fare code still be the same or will it upgrade to F or A or??? Currently on a P ticket.

thanks in advance
1: Before 1 Sept: none. From 1 Sept the limo service might be back because the FCT is opening again. It will definitely operate from the FCT but I am not sure there will be a pick up from an apron position if you have separate tickets. In case of a gate position you will have to walk to FCL A (before 1 Sept) or the FCT (after 1 Sep).

2: See above. FCT opens on 1 Sep and the FCL A closes the same day. You have to walk there from the main terminal building.

3: If after 1 Sep you might be lucky. Before 1 Sep definitely not.

4: Yes, full service albeit with masks.

5: Depends. Upfare or fixed amount upgrade means A, upgrade bid keeps P if Im not mistaken.
KL808 and chris63 like this.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 10:31 am

Programs: LH HON
Why does it matter if it’s F or A?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.