Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/LX First Class Longhaul during Coronavirus

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2020, 5:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Inflight service follows the restaurant guidelines where personal with masks can served customers. As far as lounges are concerned, local regulations do not allow the use of buffets in Germany at this point. Self service is only allowed with packaged food:
https://www.dehoga-bayern.de/coronav...t-gastronomie/

What would you do?
Old Jun 2, 2020, 6:05 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Inflight service follows the restaurant guidelines where personal with masks can served customers. As far as lounges are concerned, local regulations do not allow the use of buffets in Germany at this point. Self service is only allowed with packaged food:
https://www.dehoga-bayern.de/coronav...t-gastronomie/

What would you do?
if you offer bottled water you can also offer other bottled or canned drinks. The same applies for food items. Just kitkat and crips seems a bit cheap
hugolover and yurtripper like this.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boekel
if you offer bottled water you can also offer other bottled or canned drinks. The same applies for food items. Just kitkat and crips seems a bit cheap
Exactly! I thought it was obvious... clearly not.
Old Jun 3, 2020, 3:23 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
No booze in the lounges but long haul flights dry currently as well? I read that they will resume things to a new normal on the 15th but I'm flying before that so interested.

EDIT: found the answer, not dry https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/curr...board-services

Last edited by AnttiV; Jun 3, 2020 at 9:26 am
Old Jun 3, 2020, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
EDIT: found the answer, not dry https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/curr...board-services[/QUOTE]

Great find! Thx 4 sharing!

F.R.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 8:40 pm

Not sure what this mean with respect to F: “but we will not offer an open menu.” Does that mean the eat whenever you want service?
Old Jun 6, 2020, 12:21 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by NYC1
Not sure what this mean with respect to F: “but we will not offer an open menu.” Does that mean the eat whenever you want service?
no, it means no service from the cart. You pick from the menu and it comes from the galley
Old Jun 6, 2020, 4:16 am
Suspended

Programs: BA (LTG, GGL, CCR), LH (*G)
Are the FCT and/or FCL open at FRA and/or MUC? And if yes, what’s on offer F&B wise in the F lounges?
Old Jun 6, 2020, 4:20 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by NYLON Boy
Are the FCT and/or FCL open at FRA and/or MUC? And if yes, what’s on offer F&B wise in the F lounges?
they are closed
Old Jun 6, 2020, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by daumueller
no, it means no service from the cart. You pick from the menu and it comes from the galley
Thanks. Once they sort out all their other problems, they may want to hire someone who writes better English.
mmff likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 5:59 am

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by daumueller
they are closed
When are the lounges scheduled to reopen again, or at least some of them? Concerning the food concept in the F lounges it's no problem, they can just remove the buffet and stick fully to a la carte. For C and SEN lounges it will be mor e difficult at least for LH and OS. For LX in ZRH they have at least the facilities with the front cooking station, hence all the food could be ordered and received from there.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by LXA350
When are the lounges scheduled to reopen again, or at least some of them? Concerning the food concept in the F lounges it's no problem, they can just remove the buffet and stick fully to a la carte. For C and SEN lounges it will be mor e difficult at least for LH and OS. For LX in ZRH they have at least the facilities with the front cooking station, hence all the food could be ordered and received from there.
I don't believe that LH has made any indication when that will happen.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 12:44 pm

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by NYC1
I don't believe that LH has made any indication when that will happen.
Well, I heard until now 2 possible dates: 16.June and 1.July
It seems to depend on the rise of air travel and as Germany should make travelling much more easier after 15.June, then that is first possible date.
But from 1.July there should be siginificant expand of current (Covid/postCovid) network.

Actually I think, that by keeping FCT and First lounges closed (and due that also do not offering any First Class / HON Services on ground, like limousine etc) they are just shooting to their own leg.
I am HON, normally spending quite a good money for flights by Lufthansa but unless I will be guaranteed my regular service level in FRA, I will not take any single flight with LH. And I am quite sure, same way will act most of HONs.

FCT may be expensive to hold, but if on some moment will be neccessary to close it, also another points of service for HON / F pax need to be rethinked: limousine service, valet parking, ultrafast security and passport control. In MUC it is actually done, not so easy and fast as in FCT, but still I can drop by them my rented car, will have special HON security, guarded by one of First class check in counters and passport control is in lounge. So in theory it work also in other places.
But let's hope the best!

Current option: "one class lounge" is just not acceptable on any way for me.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by Raul_R
Well, I heard until now 2 possible dates: 16.June and 1.July
It seems to depend on the rise of air travel and as Germany should make travelling much more easier after 15.June, then that is first possible date.
But from 1.July there should be siginificant expand of current (Covid/postCovid) network.

Actually I think, that by keeping FCT and First lounges closed (and due that also do not offering any First Class / HON Services on ground, like limousine etc) they are just shooting to their own leg.
I am HON, normally spending quite a good money for flights by Lufthansa but unless I will be guaranteed my regular service level in FRA, I will not take any single flight with LH. And I am quite sure, same way will act most of HONs.

FCT may be expensive to hold, but if on some moment will be neccessary to close it, also another points of service for HON / F pax need to be rethinked: limousine service, valet parking, ultrafast security and passport control. In MUC it is actually done, not so easy and fast as in FCT, but still I can drop by them my rented car, will have special HON security, guarded by one of First class check in counters and passport control is in lounge. So in theory it work also in other places.
But let's hope the best!

Current option: "one class lounge" is just not acceptable on any way for me.
I agree with the sentiment and I too would avoid FRA/MUC/LH (unless it’s unequivocally the best option schedule-wise) without the first class services on the ground, but I hadn’t heard about those two dates so we’ll see.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 1:21 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I'm humored LH opened a few business lounges and not any of the FCLs or the FCT. If you can maintain adequate social distancing in a business lounge to justify opening it, surely the argument holds even stronger for the FCLs and the FCT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.