Covid19: Lufthansa requires face masks

Old Sep 25, 22, 6:57 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
Just boarded LH flight from France to FRA. Crew insisting on masks. That much for September 23rd as the date...
Old Sep 25, 22, 10:35 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by airoli View Post
Just boarded LH flight from France to FRA. Crew insisting on masks. That much for September 23rd as the date...
"Bis zum bitteren Ende" - until to the bitter end - incredible , masochists, they are not paid for playing the mask police.
Old Sep 25, 22, 1:41 pm

Programs: SK*G, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by airoli View Post
Same on my flight to MUC today.
Old Sep 25, 22, 1:43 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by behuman View Post
"Bis zum bitteren Ende" - until to the bitter end - incredible , masochists, they are not paid for playing the mask police.
IMO there's a mix of cluelessness and ignorance among flight crews when it comes to masks mandates. A fortnight ago, crews went around in J telling passengers that they could do as they wish since the rules in Germany were going to change anyway in a few days' time. Personally, I didn't mind but the crew clearly hadn't considered Canadian rules, which require passengers to wear face masks
Old Sep 25, 22, 1:58 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: OW Sapphire (BA), *A Gold (A3), Le Club Accor Gold, HHonor Diamond
Originally Posted by behuman View Post
Today on my flight, the crew insisted I had a seat belt for take off. Incredible. They are not paid to be the belt police.
curt, oliver2002, flospi and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 25, 22, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by fransknorge View Post
They are not paid to be the belt police.
They literally are, though?
cammyloon, the810, Edvard and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 25, 22, 5:09 pm

Programs: BA, LH
Two LH flights 24 Sep: ZRH-FRA and FRA-EDI. Mask requirement enforced on both. Attendant on one flight did say it’s only for 5 days more.
Old Sep 25, 22, 5:16 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by cammyloon View Post
Two LH flights 24 Sep: ZRH-FRA and FRA-EDI. Mask requirement enforced on both. Attendant on one flight did say its only for 5 days more.
Ah, yes, those five days being the difference between safety and certain death
Old Sep 25, 22, 6:31 pm

Programs: Skywards
Ah common, they just do their job.
more4less, flospi, 8420PR and 1 others like this.
Old Sep 26, 22, 12:24 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: OW Sapphire (BA), *A Gold (A3), Le Club Accor Gold, HHonor Diamond
Originally Posted by gojko88 View Post
They literally are, though?
So are you saying that flight attendants job is to follow, perform, ensure and enforce several regulations, coming from different regulation agencies ? That they should do that without discussion ?
Old Sep 26, 22, 1:26 pm

I'm saying that following standard air travel safety procedures is absolutely part of a flight attendant's core job description. Tracking whether someone is wearing a mask, identifying the type of mask and the correctness of its application is not.
behuman and theKrafty1tar like this.
Old Sep 26, 22, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA PlatExec, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by gojko88 View Post
I'm saying that following standard air travel safety procedures is absolutely part of a flight attendant's core job description. Tracking whether someone is wearing a mask, identifying the type of mask and the correctness of its application is not.
But it is, if you're an FA for LH, until October 1, and then it's not.

It's not the fault of the FA's; it's the somewhat weird decision of the German Federal Council to announce the mask mandate being removed 2 weeks before that's actually the case. Regardless of personal views on mask wearing on planes, it's clear that the broad global consensus of governments and fliers is that they're not required (but can of course still be worn), so why they decided to delay the removal of the mandate for an extra week is frustrating for FA's and passengers alike.
Old Sep 26, 22, 3:38 pm

I thought LH management told their crew they didn't need to enforce the mask? We saw it written here.
Old Sep 26, 22, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA PlatExec, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by hugolover View Post
I thought LH management told their crew they didn't need to enforce the mask? We saw it written here.
Right, w.e.f. Oct 1, 2022. It was extended a week past it's natural expiration date.
Old Sep 26, 22, 3:58 pm

This was before they knew if it would be extended, they put out a press release when they (successfully) lobbied for the mandate to be binned.

You're saying LH now enforce the mask outside the legal basis?

Search this Thread