Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid19: Lufthansa requires face masks [May 2020-September 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: *A Gold, ST - E+
I flew FRA-YVR recently and despite "face masks mandatory" announcements, never seen any try to enforce it through out the entire flight
the810 and paulaf like this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:41 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by behuman
Good to read that people are reasonable as mask wearing makes really sense on a narrowbody and always in Y. Together we will manage to avoid lockdowns and the collapse of our economies in autumn.

I am quite diasppointed in Austria tough. Even the famous Salzburg whitsun festival clearly recommending masks inside (especially the auditorium), only 10 % of people wear one. Would have expected otherwise from opera goers who are supposed to be reasonable civilized people . I am doing very well with my FFP2 maks for a couple of hours - no drama.
So those who choose not to wear a mask are "uncivilized"?

Suggest those who feel that way not visit England.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 5:06 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
So those who choose not to wear a mask are "uncivilized"?

Suggest those who feel that way not visit England.
​​​​​And pretty much any place on the continent except Germany. Otherwise the experience is the same everywhere - the moment mandates are dropped, people stop wearing them. As my travel patterns revolve around (lack of) mask mandates, I have visited several places just after they dropped them and all of them had mask usage under 5% (usually much less).

Hopefully this will be an eye-opener to politicians. There is no significant public demand for mask wearing.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by the810
​​​​​And pretty much any place on the continent except Germany. Otherwise the experience is the same everywhere - the moment mandates are dropped, people stop wearing them. As my travel patterns revolve around (lack of) mask mandates, I have visited several places just after they dropped them and all of them had mask usage under 5% (usually much less).

Hopefully this will be an eye-opener to politicians. There is no significant public demand for mask wearing.
I was just on the train from Berlin to Prague today. Masks are required on trains in Germany. Not required in the Czech Republic. Masks started coming off the second we crossed the border. Really goes to show just how dumb Germany’s mandate is at this point.

Hell, even in Berlin, I saw plenty of people not wearing masks on public transit. Germans love to follow rules. If you’ve lost the Germans, you’ve lost the world.
gnaget and paulaf like this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by t325
I was just on the train from Berlin to Prague today. Masks are required on trains in Germany. Not required in the Czech Republic. Masks started coming off the second we crossed the border. Really goes to show just how dumb Germany’s mandate is at this point.

Hell, even in Berlin, I saw plenty of people not wearing masks on public transit. Germans love to follow rules. If you’ve lost the Germans, you’ve lost the world.
Interesting. And yes, if you make anything a law, most people will blindly follow it, that's Germany's modern history.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: LH SEN
FRA-SFO business yesterday, all of the people except one guy in the cabin had masks. Sleeping was without masks.
The guy who didn't use the mask, wasn't bothered by the staff about it at all.
paulaf likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
final report :
10 legs criss cross EU during the past couple of days

- all LH flights are mask-enforced.
On boarding, your are being offered a surgical if you don't have one.
Seen people with cloth mask, FA were ok with it. All FA are wearing surgical.
(please note LH website mentions FFP2 only)

- OS does not enforce
some FA are wearing, some are not

- LOT
total freedom (for a long time now)

- LH bus
not enforced

In no airport mask is enforced (including MUC, FRA, VIE)
Old Jun 7, 2022, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by st8dm
final report :
10 legs criss cross EU during the past couple of days

- all LH flights are mask-enforced.
On boarding, your are being offered a surgical if you don't have one.
Seen people with cloth mask, FA were ok with it. All FA are wearing surgical.
(please note LH website mentions FFP2 only)

- OS does not enforce
some FA are wearing, some are not

- LOT
total freedom (for a long time now)

- LH bus
not enforced

Why are LH flights still being mask enforced given the new stated policy? Seems some FA's must still be very pro-mask and are continuing to choose to police it.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by st8dm
There's no mask mandate in any of the above airports, so there's nothing to enforce
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by paulaf
Why are LH flights still being mask enforced given the new stated policy? Seems some FA's must still be very pro-mask and are continuing to choose to police it.
The new policy is to point out the mask mandate during boarding and in announcements. But inflight the FAs are no longer required to remind pax to wear a mask.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 2:18 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The new policy is to point out the mask mandate during boarding and in announcements. But inflight the FAs are no longer required to remind pax to wear a mask.
I know that but the OP said all his flights with LH were mask enforced!
Old Jun 8, 2022, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by paulaf
I know that but the OP said all his flights with LH were mask enforced!
My understanding is FAs are not required to enforce it, but there’s nothing stopping them from enforcing it if they choose to.

It seems the best thing to do is test the waters. Keep it on until food/drinks are served, and then “forget” to put it back on and see what happens.
paulaf likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 7:10 am

I flew Lh iAd to fra and there was zero enforcement. Nada .
MAYNARDS99 and paulaf like this.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 1:45 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Boarded WAW-FRA. In the door of the aircraft I put the mask on, and I said to the flight attendants "you won't enforce it on board, right?" and the said "no" and started giggling as if it were a surprise to them that someone knew the new mask rules...
Old Jun 10, 2022, 2:14 am

Flew FRA-MIA in First.. stepped into plane without mask.. during the whole flight, no one said any word about it… in the beginning, like half of the F cabin hat masks on.. during flight, none had it on and almost all went out without..

nice crew!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.