Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid19: Lufthansa requires face masks [May 2020-September 2022]

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2022, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can you get the note reissued with the additional wording?
Old May 29, 2022, 11:07 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by the810
They still haven't published anything but I hope so too. Swiss got rid of masks the second they could and Lufthansa is choosing to not enforce them anymore, so I really can't see Austrian sticking to them if no one requires them to.
So LH has dropped the mask requirement now?

I was trying to avoid flying them - as the FA enforcement on my last FRA flight was quite ridiculous...combined with the horrible food ex-FRA...
Old May 29, 2022, 12:41 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
No LH has not dropped the mask requirement.
Old May 29, 2022, 1:12 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by fransknorge
No LH has not dropped the mask requirement.
Just not enforced, the beginning of a failed state, like the speed limits in Italy or illegal drug consumption . Lacking the courage dropping rules which can not be enforced/controlled . Shameful at best.
the810 likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 1:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Enforcement of the mask mandate on public transportation is not reuqired by the law, so LH will continue to inform that a mask needs to be worn like on every public transport, but the crew will no longe 'police'/enforce the law.
behuman, the810 and sueco6 like this.
Old May 30, 2022, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Enforcement of the mask mandate on public transportation is not reuqired by the law, so LH will continue to inform that a mask needs to be worn like on every public transport, but the crew will no longe 'police'/enforce the law.
As much as it's a cop out, given the recent high profile incident, it's probably for the best. Those that want to wear them will, those that don't want to won't. Everyone is happy (or unhappy).
paulaf likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 3:42 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH will continue to inform that a mask needs to be worn like on every public transport, but the crew will no longe 'police'/enforce the law.
Somehow I don't think that leaving it to Karens on both ends of the spectrum is a reasonable solution, but that's just me.
flospi likes this.
Old May 30, 2022, 3:56 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Question Karen do you really mean this

Originally Posted by gojko88
Somehow I don't think that leaving it to Karens.
I really have to thank FT and all dear fellow FTalkers for teaching to a humble no native english speaker always new words :

What does Karen mean?

Karen is a pejorative slang term for an obnoxious, angry, entitled, and often racist middle-aged white woman who uses her privilege to get her way or police other people’s behaviors.

As featured in memes, Karen is generally stereotyped as having a blonde bob haircut, asking to speak to retail and restaurant managers to voice complaints or make demands, and being an anti-vaxx , Generation X soccer mom.

In 2020, Karen spread as a label used to call out white women who were captured in viral videos engaging in what are widely seen as racist acts.
Old May 30, 2022, 3:59 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by behuman
I really have to thank FT and all dear fellow FTalkers for teaching to a humble no native english speaker always new words :

What does Karen mean?

Karen is a pejorative slang term for an obnoxious, angry, entitled, and often racist middle-aged white woman who uses her privilege to get her way or police other people’s behaviors.
I had experienced one hassling me all the time and referred to her as a "witch"...

In any case, it was truly uncalled for...she just had it in for me - FRA crew - gah!
Old May 30, 2022, 4:44 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Flew EN + LH (CL) on May 28, EN being Italian technically has to enforce FFP2, but frankly seems to me medical/OP masks are accepted like FFP2 in Italy (bus, FR flight, two EN flights). Wore surgical mask without issues onboard.

Was not aware of the above statement So I wore my mask on LH and FA’s were still instructing other pax to wear, along with telling one person to change masks from fabric to medical.
Old May 31, 2022, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Gate agents were enforcing the mask requirement today for IAD-FRA.
Old May 31, 2022, 3:43 pm

yes of course they are enforcing to board. the new policy says they won't enforce on the plan. so yea
Old May 31, 2022, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wear mask during boarding, get on board, take mask off and crew can do nothing about it? Won't call the Percy's?

Or won't offload me from the next flight and lead to an apology by Captain Carsten, class action suits, media stories and apologies by the Executive Board of DLH for anti-semitism
Old May 31, 2022, 4:34 pm

that's correct according to Lufthansa's own news releases....
Old May 31, 2022, 4:35 pm

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I had experienced one hassling me all the time and referred to her as a "witch"...

In any case, it was truly uncalled for...she just had it in for me - FRA crew - gah!
It was probably "Ilse" who was the purser on my flight from LAX-MUC. She stormed in during dinner screaming that I was in violation and that she would have polizei meet the plane in MUC. Apparently I was eating too slowly....

I am firmly boycotting LH forever after this incident.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.