Wiki Posts
Search

Covid19: Lufthansa requires face masks [May 2020-September 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2021, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Wickersley
Flew MUC > MAN on Saturday (LH operated by Air Dolomiti); so it was a bus gate.

Cramming 80 passengers onto a bus makes a mockery of the Covid restrictions
Complete mockery, they should be ashamed
Grog and hugolover like this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 5:15 am

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
Regarding mockery, why the hell is SN authorizing fabric face masks and is not on the same line than LX and LH? Felt much less safe than flying AF for example.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 7:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by chris63
Complete mockery, they should be ashamed
Similar to BA's approach to de-board a plane by seat row, just to end up in a full bus (as last Friday after arriving at VIE or this morning at LHR after arriving from VIE).
hugolover likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 8:42 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Not FRA but Fraport who now manage a number of airports on the Greek Islands.

Boarding A3 at RHO a couple of weeks back the plane was on stand immediately at the bottom of the ramp down to tarmac level from the terminal. At the bottom of the ramp, we were forced to board a bus which didn't move until we were packed onto it like sardines. The bus then turned left and moved ten metres to the bottom of the front steps of the A320 and we got off. At the time, the airport was quiet, no other arrivals or departures and when I expressed my incredulity to the crew they said it has been raised many times but Fraport insist that all pax must be bussed at RHO without exception!

I wrote to Fraport asking if they had heard of C19, fresh air, social distancing and the need to avoid crowding as their procedures appear oblivious to them and asked for a copy of their relevant risk assessment but of course have had no reply.
Grog, chris63 and Dover2Golf like this.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by lhrpete
Not FRA but Fraport who now manage a number of airports on the Greek Islands.

Boarding A3 at RHO a couple of weeks back the plane was on stand immediately at the bottom of the ramp down to tarmac level from the terminal. At the bottom of the ramp, we were forced to board a bus which didn't move until we were packed onto it like sardines. The bus then turned left and moved ten metres to the bottom of the front steps of the A320 and we got off. At the time, the airport was quiet, no other arrivals or departures and when I expressed my incredulity to the crew they said it has been raised many times but Fraport insist that all pax must be bussed at RHO without exception!

I wrote to Fraport asking if they had heard of C19, fresh air, social distancing and the need to avoid crowding as their procedures appear oblivious to them and asked for a copy of their relevant risk assessment but of course have had no reply.
If the bus isn’t used FRAPORT don’t get the cash 💰. Cash before safety
Grog, hugolover and Dover2Golf like this.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 6:23 am

Programs: UA *G MM
Originally Posted by Mr.Potato
Regarding mockery, why the hell is SN authorizing fabric face masks and is not on the same line than LX and LH? Felt much less safe than flying AF for example.
LX allows "community masks" and shows FAs wearing cloth masks on their website. Looking to take advantage of this, the following from their website seems a bit odd when they state that FFP2 type masks cannot be fabric (doh!) but in the same sentence states that community masks are allowed. What exactly are "community masks"?

Another nice thing is that they allow children under 12 to not wear masks vs. 6 for LH.

Bei allen Flügen sind seit dem 01.02.2021 beim Boarding, an Bord und beim Verlassen des Flugzeuges Masken mit dem Standard FFP2, FFP3, KN95 und N95 ohne Ventil und nicht aus Stoff, OP-Masken sowie Community-Masken zulässig. Abweichungen können aufgrund nationaler Bestimmungen oder Anforderungen eines Ziellandes möglich sein.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
In french it is a bit different. I do not believe that "protection medical" is equivalent to "community-mask". They are mutliple proof that community-mask are crap compared to real surgical masks or FFP2.

Le port d’un masque de protection médicale est obligatoire pour tous les passagers et le personnel ŕ bord depuis le 1er février 2021 (également pour les vaccinés et guéris),

Depuis le 1er février 2021, les masques faciaux de la norme FFP2, FFP3, KN95 ou N95 sans valve, les masques chirurgicaux et pas fabriqués en tissu, ainsi que les masques communautaires sont obligatoires sur tous les vols, aussi bien ŕ l'embarquement, ŕ bord, ainsi qu’ŕ la sortie de l'avion. Des différences peuvent ętre observées en raison des réglementations nationales ou des exigences du pays de destination.
But then again, I guess it is in line with the tremendous failure of covid management in Switzerland, so I shouldn't be too surprised.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 3:28 am

Mask exemption

Hi I am looking at taking a flight this summer at home I am exempt from wearing a mask and have a dr. Note saying this and am wondering if this will be accepted to fly.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 3:58 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I can't help but roll my eyes at this. I'm not even gonna ask.

Anyway, I think you need a a confirmation of the expemtion, there is a document somewhere on the LH webpage which serves as such a confimration while at the same time serving as an attest that you are fit to fly. That plus a negative PCR test is needed, not sure if this is the most up to date inromation.

First google result when googling "Lufthansa mask expemtion" is the document you need. The second is a webpage with information.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:01 am

Programs: LH HON
You will need a medical certificate (using Lufthansa‘s own form!) that also confirms that you can’t even wear a medical mask (this is rare…) and also a PCR Test no older than 48 hours. This applies for each flight so factor it in when you have long layovers…
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:03 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I can't help but roll my eyes at this. I'm not even gonna ask.
this… if one has such a serious condition, then traveling during a pandemic doesn’t sound smart. But each to their own and unfortunately LH has to accept this..
st8dm likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:19 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by daumueller
this… if one has such a serious condition, then traveling during a pandemic doesn’t sound smart. But each to their own and unfortunately LH has to accept this..
I'd be questioning whether travelling by air is practicable at all.
athome and st8dm like this.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 5:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN

Can I be exempted from the obligation to wear a mask?

An exemption to the obligation to wear a face mask can be made on health grounds. We will only accept an exemption on presentation of an up-to-date (no more than 48 hours old) negative Covid-19 PCR test result alongside the Lufthansa Group form signed by a doctor. Please let us know before boarding.
https://www.lufthansa.com/content/da...0210125-en.pdf

Note that LH is very particular about the documentation you show them.
Attached Images
Old Feb 3, 2022, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you're based in DUB, there probably aren't too many places you can't easily reach on BA, who do respect lawful exceptions?
Old Feb 7, 2022, 2:32 am

Masks on Lufthansa

Never flown Lufthansa usually BA, can you wear the usual blue/white 3 layer surgical masks on board or do they have stricter requirements? Are these ok too for the lounges in Frankfurt? In business class do they have the same policy as BA, ok to take it off when eating and drinking ? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.