Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid19: Lufthansa requires face masks [May 2020-September 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2021, 2:01 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
then I will have to order a second and third glass of red wine and two cognacs with my main course as a preemptive strike on my long haul flight next week...

so what virological sense does it make to prohibit alcoholic beverages outside meals, but allow non alcoholic.... no surprise as covid has damaged brain cells as well as those of certain airline management....

does beer count as alcoholic beverage?
Koby, f4freeJunior and gillestarek like this.
Old Feb 17, 2021, 12:22 pm

Programs: spg Gold for life / Ba gold / LX Sen / Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BinSabai
then I will have to order a second and third glass of red wine and two cognacs with my main course as a preemptive strike on my long haul flight next week...

so what virological sense does it make to prohibit alcoholic beverages outside meals, but allow non alcoholic.... no surprise as covid has damaged brain cells as well as those of certain airline management....

does beer count as alcoholic beverage?
Let me know how ur flight service will be!
Old Feb 18, 2021, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by gillestarek
will do...still hope for an upgrade to F (waitinglist), but maybe alcoholic beverages are also limited there...
Old Feb 21, 2021, 1:50 pm

sorry got my upgrade to F now confirmed; so will only be able to report from F...doubt there are limitations there...
Old Feb 22, 2021, 2:17 am

I think the limitations are the same in all cabins - if you are thought to be just nursing a drink to avoid wearing a facemask, then you might not be served any more drinks. Purely at the discretion of the FA (some take it seriously and don't care), and of course they will blame covid restrictions in order to avoid conflict.
Old Feb 22, 2021, 3:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Finnair just got someone arrested and banned from their flights who thought he could snack on peanuts the entire flight to avoid wearing the mask. 🤦‍♂️
Old Feb 22, 2021, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by 8420PR
I think the limitations are the same in all cabins - if you are thought to be just nursing a drink to avoid wearing a facemask, then you might not be served any more drinks. Purely at the discretion of the FA (some take it seriously and don't care), and of course they will blame covid restrictions in order to avoid conflict.
we are here talking about the rumoured rule, that after the main course, no alcoholic beverages are served anymore at all...
and by the way, last time in F, nobody cared about passengers wearing masks or not after meal during the night...
Old Feb 22, 2021, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Finnair just got someone arrested and banned from their flights who thought he could snack on peanuts the entire flight to avoid wearing the mask. 🤦‍♂️
Real mentalists running things at AY.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 7:26 am

LH meal offerings BOS-FRA

I am flying in economy on LH BOS-FRA. What is the modified meal service due to covid. online says a vegetarian meal and bottled water.

I am guessing no entree choice in economy. Do they still serve alcohol with the meal and offer a pre-arrival meal/snack?

also do they offer pillows and blankets still in Y?
Old Mar 27, 2021, 11:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Ah yes this is clear. So in the case of the flight above where I got the feedback it was crew laziness that used this to do less. Pathetic in these times where they should do better given the low amount of pax flying

Thanks.

Would be interesting to hear if anyone else has the same.

Flew LX recently and all was normal
Flew longhaul C earlier this month, on both flights the crew was stellar and proactive. No pdb, and the meal trays were served in one go with coverings only removed at you seat. Drinks were plentiful. The only thing they requested was for you to cover your face with a mask when talking to them.
Old Mar 27, 2021, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Miked3016
I am flying in economy on LH BOS-FRA. What is the modified meal service due to covid. online says a vegetarian meal and bottled water.

I am guessing no entree choice in economy. Do they still serve alcohol with the meal and offer a pre-arrival meal/snack?

also do they offer pillows and blankets still in Y?
The meal service is a single choice without meat ( most likely pasta ) and they only offer beer, white wine and red-wine in Y. The tray would still have a salad and a dessert ( a brownie or a mousse ), bread & butter.
There is a pre-arrival snack but that would be most likely a musli bar and fruit.

They also do offer pillows and blankets on long-haul routes.

By the way, bid-upgrades to Premium Economy start from $75 on FRA-USA East Coast routes so with the light loads, you might bid and upgrade yourself to PE for a really low price if you would like a better service.
Old May 25, 2021, 3:48 pm

Programs: UAL 1P, Bonvoy Plat, Delta Silver Med, AA Gold
Okay just when I thought all was fine with a Non-schengen to Non-schengen transit at FRA, I note the following from the LH website:

Face Masks:

German authorities allow passengers only to wear the following

face masks:
  • surgical masks
  • FFP2 masks (without valve).
  • N95 or KN95 masks (without walve)
Fabric masks are not permitted.
I wear a "fabric" face mask all the time in the U.S. Does this mean I have to purchase a mask compliant with the above noted rules to transit Germany? N95's are notoriously uncomfortable and I am fully vaccinated. I really hope my routine masks are okay.
Old May 25, 2021, 6:28 pm

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by wanderlustFL
Okay just when I thought all was fine with a Non-schengen to Non-schengen transit at FRA, I note the following from the LH website:

Face Masks:

face masks:
  • surgical masks
I wear a "fabric" face mask all the time in the U.S. Does this mean I have to purchase a mask compliant with the above noted rules to transit Germany? N95's are notoriously uncomfortable and I am fully vaccinated. I really hope my routine masks are okay.
I read it that way and already stuck on in my backpack for the flight...
Old May 25, 2021, 10:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K

Face Masks:

face masks:
  • surgical masks
Yes, that’s exactly what it means. Fabric masks are not acceptable.
Old May 26, 2021, 12:47 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold

Face Masks:

face masks:
  • surgical masks
Yes you have to get a surgical or FFP2 mask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.