Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid19: Lufthansa requires face masks [May 2020-September 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2021, 12:04 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If you transit FRA you don't need any test, see the rules for your specific trip here: https://lufthansa.travel-regulations...h-enabled=true
Abducted Alien and koriobg like this.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 12:06 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Humble thank you.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 12:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Also If you are transiting in FRA, the Bundespolizei in FRA are the authority to deicde if you need a test report in hand. They have an email ID you can write to with specific details and they will give you a specific answer which you can show to the airline. Just write an email to this ID: [email protected]

Source: the twitter feed: https://twitter.com/bpol_air_fra/with_replies
Abducted Alien likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 2:04 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Just write an email to this ID: [email protected]
This is the generic email address of the Bundespolizei at Frankfurt Airport (the largest base of the Bundespolizei). Do not expect any wonders from that email address.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 2:32 am

They have a call center behind it now and have become rather quick.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
I flew IST-FRA-HEL on Lufthansa recently. Finland doesn't currently require a negative test result to enter the country but check in staff at Istanbul didn't believe me when I tried to explain it. They were trying to force me to go and get a covid test and come back later, even next day. I had to insist the supervisor check the rules on his computer before I was allowed to check in. No apology at any point, just very rude behaviour all throughout the process. So be ready to stand your ground if travelling without a test certificate!

Mind you, I actually had taken a covid test the day before (to skip test on arrival at HEL) but the result didn't come until I was onboard the flight.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 6:11 am

I did contact LH with an email. The customer relation answer was that they asked Customer Care Service Team to contact me directly and offer their assistance. I could phone them but I want it in text. I can print out destination country’s health ministry PDF stating that no need for pre COVID test. Oliver put a link and that precise link in LH website says that all passengers arriving to that country need to take test before entering. I am covered for the time period determined on that declaration including my departure from HEL. LH information isn’t right on this.
Old Feb 8, 2021, 7:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The best source for information is TIMATIC. It is the database which LH (and other IATA carriers) rely on. You will need to enter your citizenship, residency, origin, destination & transit countries. That will provide a complete document listing all requirements for the transit and entry at destination.

It is also what the check-in agent will see when she checks your documents.

I would print that out and have it in a file with other travel documents. No need to pull it out and shove it an agent's face. But, if there is a dispute, you have it in order to have a conversation with the agent or supervisor.

Emails from customer service and the like will do you no good at the counter.

Finally, remember that these requirements change regularly. Thus, you should check regularly, including just before leaving for the airport.
Old Feb 9, 2021, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Do I need a PCR test if I fly Lufthansa from Geneva to Germany, starting on a SWISS operated codeshare (with a LH flight number)? Final destination is Düsseldorf.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 2:37 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by Concerto
Do I need a PCR test if I fly Lufthansa from Geneva to Germany, starting on a SWISS operated codeshare (with a LH flight number)? Final destination is Düsseldorf.
Tried to find the English version, but I am either too stupid to find the right paragraph in this document

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/...ublicationFile

so I am adding some info in German language:

Wenn Sie sich innerhalb von 10 Tagen vor der Einreise nach Deutschland in einem einfachen Risikogebiet (nicht: Hochinzidenz- oder Virusvarianten-Gebiet) aufgehalten haben, müssen Sie spätestens 48 Stunden nach Einreise ein negatives Testergebnis vorlegen können. Der Abstrich für den Test darf frühestens 48 Stunden vor der Einreise vorgenommen worden sein. Das Gesundheitsamt kann Sie innerhalb von 10 Tagen nach Einreise dazu auffordern, das negative Testergebnis vorzulegen.
https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/...rus/Tests.html

You can enter from a standard risk country (Switzerland is currently considered a standard risk country), but you most likely need to quarantine and you need to show proof of a negative PCR test, either when entering the country or within 48 hours after entering Germany. So you could do the test on arrival.
Old Feb 10, 2021, 2:46 am

IATA Covid-19 interactive map

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/world.php
Old Feb 10, 2021, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So it's like it was when I went up to Germany before Christmas. With the train it's no problem,. but what about by plane? Do you need a test to get on that SWISS flight from GVA to FRA?
Old Feb 10, 2021, 4:52 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
So it's like it was when I went up to Germany before Christmas. With the train it's no problem,. but what about by plane? Do you need a test to get on that SWISS flight from GVA to FRA?
In general: yes, you need a test - no matter what kind of transport you use (the enforcement of this rule might obviously be different depending on whether you fly or take the train / car).
It's a new federal requirement since mid January. However, there are also exceptions.

Some helpful info here: https://www.bundesgesundheitsministe...-englisch.html
Old Feb 10, 2021, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

With the train, I can take the test once there (I stay with a family of doctors so that's not a problem). But I think with flying you need to have a test before embarking on your trip, right?
Old Feb 10, 2021, 5:07 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
With the train, I can take the test once there (I stay with a family of doctors so that's not a problem). But I think with flying you need to have a test before embarking on your trip, right?
You find all answers in the link I provided (yes, I know it's complicated to read, but hey, this is Germany ):

If you spent time within the 10 days prior to entering Germany in a risk area (not a high-incidence area, nor area of variants of concern), you must be able to furnish proof of a negative test result within 48 hours of entry. The swab specimen must have been taken at the earliest 48 hours before entry (to determine the precise time of entry, see below: “At what point in time am I entering Germany?”).Persons entering Germany from areas associated with particularly high risk of infection (high-incidence areas or areas of variants of concern) are subject to derogations. Persons entering Germany who spent time within the 10 days prior to entry in such an area are obligated to already get tested before departing on their journey to Germany. Before setting off, they must present their carrier (e.g. the airline) with a negative test result or appropriate medical certificate.

A negative test result can also be demanded by the Federal Police in the context of checking duties (entry control at the airport or controls performed close to borders when crossing internal borders by land). The swab specimen must have been taken at the earliest 48 hours before entry (to determine the precise time of entry, see below: “At what point in time am I entering Germany?”). The test carried out must meet all the requirements specified at http://www.rki.de/tests (for further details, see below: “What tests are recognised?”).

If you are travelling from a risk area, you must be able to present a negative test result within less than 48 hours.
You can call 116 117 or check www.116117.de to find out where in your vicinity you can get tested. If you wish to be tested by your family doctor, please be sure to call the office in advance.
When entering the country by air or sea, you can also find testing stations at airports and ports.

All that is independent of travel mode.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.