Covid 19: LOT resuming flights?

Old Apr 23, 2020, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum - 1MM+
Covid 19: LOT resuming flights?

I see that LOT flights are bookable next week. Any idea if they are truly restarting (limited) service from Eastern Europe to LAX? Specifically looking for BUD-WAW-LAX
I do NOT need to know about travel restrictions/entry restrictions etc. Focus is on "Will airplanes be flying"

Last edited by mrtrickdk; Apr 23, 2020 at 2:38 pm
Old Apr 23, 2020, 2:06 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
LOT should say something very soon about flights next week, although I would check if youre allowed in at LAX.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 2:22 pm

Does Poland have a transit restriction?
https://www.gov.pl/web/coronavirus/travel
Old Apr 23, 2020, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iLied
LOT should say something very soon about flights next week, although I would check if youre allowed in at LAX.
Thank you. Actually, not for me flying, but some cargo... So no travel/quarantine restrictions.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 2:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I would check with your freight forwarder as the real question is whether they are set up at LAX to handle your inbound shipment.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
I would check with your freight forwarder as the real question is whether they are set up at LAX to handle your inbound shipment.
We have. With three different ones. They know nothing about flight schedules, yet.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 2:38 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by mrtrickdk
We have. With three different ones. They know nothing about flight schedules, yet.
Nobody does until a few days before at the moment.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iLied
Nobody does until a few days before at the moment.
I thought FlyerTalk managed airline schedules :-)
Just looking for ANY indicator possible out there. We have two dogs stuck in Budapest for the past month+ that needs to get to LAX. Had all setup and scheduled/confirmed and reconfirmed with KLM. Then 6 hours prior to flight they changed their policy (without notifying anyone), and cargo was rejected.
We have since been trying all angles, including dedicated cargo airlines. Separate post in dog shipping forum on here
Old Apr 23, 2020, 2:53 pm

Programs: LH FTL, QR Gold, EK Silver, Etihad Silver
Tomorrow (Friday) is the next prime minister's press conference regarding all the restrictions in the country - so we should know some more about air traffic etc.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by piotrger
Tomorrow (Friday) is the next prime minister's press conference regarding all the restrictions in the country - so we should know some more about air traffic etc.
Thank you! This is exactly the info I was looking for.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 3:17 pm

Last time his conference was rescheduled 3 times during the day, so don't count on exact time. BUT - as I was tracking the LOT website around his conferences, last time he extended the flight ban, LOT website was updated like within few minutes, so they were probably internally prepared for the ban and just applied the rules "with one click". My point is - the easiest way for you to track the changes tomorrow is to keep looking if you can buy seats for WAW-LAX for the incoming week.
(I keep tracking WAW-SIN for next Tuesday, cause I am hoping it will get cancelled ASAP ;-) )
mrtrickdk and iLied like this.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 4:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by mrtrickdk
What about Air Cargo? Does it have to be LO and does it matter if it is part of a consignment which makes its way to LAX over 3-4 days?
Old Apr 23, 2020, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
What about Air Cargo? Does it have to be LO and does it matter if it is part of a consignment which makes its way to LAX over 3-4 days?
We have spoken with several dedicated cargo airlines (such as CargoLux). They all have embargoes on live animals at the moment.
As the shipment is live animals, we need it to be sub 20 hours.
LOT seems to have great experience in handling live animals, and typically great connection from BUD-WAW-LAX
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I feel like the chances are very very slim indeed. There's just no need to fly ghost ships around for a state owned airline like LOT.
Old Apr 24, 2020, 5:26 am

Apparently they are extending flight ban until May 9th. It is only awaiting the PM's signature - news from one Polish aviation website.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.