Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Covid 19: LOT resuming flights?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2020, 7:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Election promises have to be kept... perhaps they were full from BCN to PL?
Old Aug 6, 2020, 5:12 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by hugolover
MFA advises against all but essential travel to Catalonia and yet LOT don't cancel their non-essential holiday flights to BCN? The flight series is called #OnHoliday not #EssentialTravel. This is appalling. There is no justification to carry Polish tourists to BCN, especially from the provinces. There is tangible benefit to continue to fly from WAW for Essential Travel.
I suspect it’s also to allow Polish residents to fly home again.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I lucked out yesterday. US citizen flying ORD-WAW- PRG...BUD-WAW- ORD. In October. I decided it was time to bail and when I went online everything was messed up. First I had a flight change message that the system wouldn’t let me complete, the flight rules were gone, etc. and only the WAW-BUD-ORD legs were showing. Mrs Milepig had the same itin booked with miles on UA and her ORD-PRG legs were showing as waitlisted. Saudia showed all was fine.

it was late so I went to bed and started over this morning. A call to LOT, I pressed #5 for business class and got a great agent on the first ring!! I said I had flights that I wouldn’t be able to take, what are my options? Giving the locator number.

He first said BUD-ORD? And then said “oh, wait, the ORD- WAW leg was cancelled yesterday.” I can refund the ticket. I just thought “score!!” 3 minute great transaction. Now the 3 month wait for the refund begins.

Last edited by milepig; Aug 9, 2020 at 8:15 am
Old Aug 9, 2020, 4:02 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by milepig
Now the 3 month wait for the refund begins.
Try 4 months, or more - as reported by those on FB who have been waiting for their refunds.
But then again, your Business Class tickets will hopefully get priority approach.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has something been announced for Barcelona? I noticed the 8751 KRK-BCN gate closed on-time with the usual number of no-show (think 10+) and then a number of pax were then offloaded (6). Separate PNRs.

Also a great number of no-show on RZE today. Only 24 pax flew. 26 pax returning.

WRO 29 pax on a 118 config. Return 58 pax.

Last edited by hugolover; Aug 9, 2020 at 9:06 am
Old Aug 17, 2020, 12:48 pm

I suspect WAW-TLL will be cancelled soon.
Old Aug 17, 2020, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why? Flights are full and fares £££ and it’s hardly a long block time for utilisation?
Old Aug 18, 2020, 3:29 pm

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by hugolover
Why? Flights are full and fares £££ and it’s hardly a long block time for utilisation?
Ilied most probably was keeping in mind Estonian government approach that flights to places where covidrate (cases per 100 000 during last 14 days) is higher than 25 are forbidden.
Even I wrote protest letter about it to some of government members.

Todays position seems to be, that flights to FRA and WAW as important hubs will kept open regardless corona. But there may be one problematic week as old regulation is de jure in force until end of August.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems the draft flight ban legislation has the likes of BE, MT and ES on the list putting an early end to the extended OnHoliday flights for AGP and PMI.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Raul_R
Ilied most probably was keeping in mind Estonian government approach that flights to places where covidrate (cases per 100 000 during last 14 days) is higher than 25 are forbidden.
Even I wrote protest letter about it to some of government members.

Todays position seems to be, that flights to FRA and WAW as important hubs will kept open regardless corona. But there may be one problematic week as old regulation is de jure in force until end of August.
Poland is now 26 cases per 100,000 so WAW-TLL cancx from 24th August.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 10:47 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
903 cases in PL today, so I expect the figures put out by c-w-s tomorrow to look worse, though I’ll wager it’s not going to deteriorate rapidly enough to get Poland put on the UK’s red list by next Thursday.

This kind of thing probably doesn’t help: https://www.onet.pl/turystyka/onetpo...mcz2k,07640b54
Old Aug 22, 2020, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
903 cases in PL today, so I expect the figures put out by c-w-s tomorrow to look worse, though I’ll wager it’s not going to deteriorate rapidly enough to get Poland put on the UK’s red list by next Thursday.

This kind of thing probably doesn’t help: https://www.onet.pl/turystyka/onetpo...mcz2k,07640b54
I don’t know, it could take the UK a few weeks to react.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 1:44 pm

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by iLied
Poland is now 26 cases per 100,000 so WAW-TLL cancx from 24th August.
On 27.August hopefully Estonian Government will make excemption for LO flights on WAW-TLL route together with LH FRA-TLL route.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by Raul_R
On 27.August hopefully Estonian Government will make excemption for LO flights on WAW-TLL route together with LH FRA-TLL route.
WAW-TLL is allowed to fly again.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 1:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Motivation for agents to sell the attractive routes:

The following months will be a period of different and changing demand. Based on the existing sales reports and observing some trends among our customers, we have designed a network for the winter season that covers 40 popular European destinations and selected long-haul connections that are already available to our mutual clients – LOT passengers. The international network will be completed by domestic flights (PL), providing passengers travelling from and to Poland with a convenient transfers.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
B2B Agents 18SEP20.pdf (185.5 KB, 44 views)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.