Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Expiry

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2020, 9:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Mileage Expiry

I have checked today and noticed that 35k miles have expired from my My M&M more account at the end of March, states unused miles over 36 months old.

I have the M&M credit card and have earned points in the last 12 months, I did not expect these miles to expire especially without any warning.

What can be done to re-instate these miles?

Is there any COVID19 related deferment of expired miles?

Last edited by navatwal; Apr 10, 2020 at 10:35 am
Old Apr 10, 2020, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
I have checked today and noticed that 35k miles have expired from my My M&M more account at the end of March, states unused miles over 36 months old.

I have the M&M credit card and have earned points in the last 12 months, I did not expect these miles to expire especially without any warning.

What can be done to re-instate these miles?

Is there any COVID19 related deferment of expired miles?

1) You need to have the card for at least 3 month for the protection to kick in and then you need to have at least one activity every month for it to continue.
2) reinstate -- nothing (assuming that they should have expired under the rules).
3) COVID-19 -- good question, I haven't seen anything on this front from M&M or LH (as compared to other programs that have extended expiration dates etc.) -- maybe contact M&M and see what they say?
4) normally you get a warning in the prior month (at least) where it gives you an update about your account and if you scroll down it tells you if any miles are expiring soon.

Last edited by NYC1; Apr 12, 2020 at 4:45 pm Reason: Fixed #1 and clarified #2; added #4
Old Apr 11, 2020, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Some more Data Points.

I had the UK based M&M card for the last year, closed the account in Jan 2020, I have had the US Barclays M&M card since last June, apparently M&M more no longer see me as a credit card holder which makes me think they are only able to associate the single account to M&M profile.
Old Apr 12, 2020, 3:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Contact M&M, the system often doesn't realise you have a CC and expires points for no reason. They can reinstate it after a human take a look.
Old Apr 15, 2021, 10:29 am

Programs: LH, BA
A friend of mine has a similar issue. He has had a Swiss based CC for over 1 year and uses it every month. He can now see on his account that miles will expire as of end of June. He emailed M&M who replied that the message on the online statement would always appears even for CC holders (which I really doubt).

Does that make sense or should he insist? The person on the phone couldn't help him either. It's astonishing that such a simple problem seems so difficult for M&M employees...
Old Apr 15, 2021, 4:15 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
As long as you use your card at least once a month your miles will not expire.
You are getting this message in M&M account because the bank sends the information about your card activities not after each transaction has been processed but once a month, a few days or more after the monthly statement has been produced. So Miles & More doesn't know yet if you've made the once a month required transaction, and moreover Miles & More doesn't know yet if you continue to do so in the next months. All in all, nothing to worry about if you keep using the credit card, it's just a message which should actually read: Your miles
may expire...".
This message will soon disappear from your account and after a while a new similar one will come up with another date. That's the system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.