Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Ticket Refund Timeline

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2020, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Sometimes we get excited and post erroneously. My credit card company told me that they have refunded the Lufthansa amount to my card. And here I am like an idiot thought Lufthansa had refunded me. My apologies to all FT'ers, LH never refunded it was my credit card that did. I am sorry to post incorrect information.
To quote our esteemed mod

"CHARGEBACK BRIGADE"
Old May 31, 2020, 8:46 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA EXP & UA Gold
Originally Posted by Babu
LH cancelled my flight, and I was granted a refund on May 4. Still hasn't shown up (Delta took only 3 days).

When can I expect? Or is LH playing games?

Travel was to be for Memorial Day (May 25).
Got my refund in full Friday, May 29.
Old May 31, 2020, 3:30 pm

Received my refund today, travel was supposed to be in April.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 7:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
Has anyone requested a refund for LO flights recently?

My flight cancellation notice for 19 June came through today (I was delighted as the fare is non refundable and I don't want to travel at the moment) so I requested a refund, but there was no indication of the length of time it would take.

Any recent data points would be welcome to temper my expectations.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 7:56 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by CoweyB

My flight cancellation notice for 19 June came through today (I was delighted as the fare is non refundable and I don't want to travel at the moment) so I requested a refund, but there was no indication of the length of time it would take.

I made my refund request on 25 April (for a cancelled flight originally scheduled for mid-May) ... as of today (1 June) not yet received.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by RocketmanBRU
I made my refund request on 25 April (for a cancelled flight originally scheduled for mid-May) ... as of today (1 June) not yet received.

Should be coming soon as LH has accepted the terms and conditions of the bail out.
Old Jun 1, 2020, 1:37 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
I was at MUC today (not for travel, but for a different reason). Went to the LH ticket counter (1 out of 20 staffed) and asked them if it is possible to "re-activate" tickets that have been cxed by LH and that are in the process of getting refunded. The lady said she needs to check if the underlying tix are still "visible". For 2 tix canceled in late March both tickets have been "removed" from the PNRs already and are in the queue to get refunded. Same applies to another ticket that I had to cx in late April.

When I asked her how long it'll take until the money's back in my CC account she said "as of right now it will take approx. 4-5 months until the money is back in your account".
Old Jun 1, 2020, 3:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Visiting an LH airport ticket counter is just a waste of time. The people, who are working there, are mostly underpaid contract agents.
Moreover, Lufthansa wants you to forget your claim. So if you are in 4-5 months, they'll you -> come back in 12 months;
Old Jun 1, 2020, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by CoweyB

Refund requested on April 24, still waiting.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 1:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by warakorn
Visiting an LH airport ticket counter is just a waste of time. The people, who are working there, are mostly underpaid contract agents.
Moreover, Lufthansa wants you to forget your claim. So if you are in 4-5 months, they'll you -> come back in 12 months;
Counter staff in MUC & FRA are full fledged LH employees. The OP went to a counter at MUC.
Old Jun 2, 2020, 2:43 pm

Got this email from SN today

We refer to your refund request for your booking with reference XXXXXX.

Rest assured that we are following-up on your refund request. Currently we are experiencing a large volume of similar requests. Brussels Airlines is working hard to provide refunds in a timely manner.
We do, however, ask for your understanding that due to the pandemic and difficulties caused by this crisis, refunds may not be processed in the usual timeframe.

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused and would like to thank you for your understanding during this unprecedented crisis.

Thanking you for your trust in Brussels Airlines in these challenging times!

With kind regards,
Your Brussels Airlines team
Old Jun 3, 2020, 6:27 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by Dan1113
Got this email from SN today
That's exactly one additional piece of communication compared to what I got from LH.
Grog likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 5:06 pm

Got an email today from LH Customer Relations that refund requested at the end of March was supposedly issued over a week ago. Haven't received anything yet.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 8:57 am

Refund #1 was issued yesterday, after ten weeks. Refund #2 is still pending (week 2 now).
Old Jun 7, 2020, 6:40 am

Programs: QR Silver, AC Silver
I believe SN has started processing refunds. One Twitter user I had contact with, requested it on 26/03. Refund came yesterday.

​​That's a little over 10 weeks.
andrew3000 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.