Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
If any of your flights in the reservation are cancelled or changed significantly, you can change/refund the ticket as per the section 4.1.2 in this document: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_143775.pdf
If you still want to fly as (re)booked after a schedule change, you need to reconfirm the reservation with a certain number of days as show here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147814.pdf

If you want to change your ticket due to the uncertanty associated with the Covid 19 pandemic, two kinds of waivers are available which are explained here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147655.pdf

Any changes are best done by the agency that booked your ticket. If you booked directly with LH they will handle the rebooking/reissue and/or refunds. This should be done by calling in. Online functionality of LH.com is rather poor.
Print Wikipost

Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
Flying TLL-FRA-NBO-FRA-TLL with the last segments being rescheduled in the end of the month.
Is there any chance of a refund?
Old Mar 14, 2020, 6:51 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Most airlines do not offer refunds at the moment. I doubt.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:33 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ermis177
Most airlines do not offer refunds at the moment. I doubt.
At this point European airlines should really follow the likes of.CX and JL that have been doing full refunds (even domestic) for a good while no questions asked.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 8:35 am

Programs: Lufthansa
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Is that April 30th date going to be moved up to May 30? When will LH make that decision? Our flight May 4 FRA-PMI & May 7th AMS-BKK and May 15th BKK-AMS.
We booked back in January before the Covid-19 for May/4 LAX - July/15 PRG. It looks like we will loose our tickets if LH cancels our flights
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Whiskana
We booked back in January before the Covid-19 for May/4 LAX - July/15 PRG. It looks like we will loose our tickets if LH cancels our flights
If LH cancels any of your flights your entitled to a full refund or rebooking , your choice
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by AnttiV
At this point European airlines should really follow the likes of.CX and JL that have been doing full refunds (even domestic) for a good while no questions asked.
Totally agree but most of them are already in big financial trouble. I doubt they will. Check the premium fares thread. Business class flights for 500 euros to everywhere... Also LOT has suspended all flights. More airlines to follow...
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: LH HON
Yes, that has changed. Only rebookings until end of June for flights until end of December. Only if your specific flights have been canceled already, you have a chance.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Have you called them with your particular circumstances?
Impossible to get through
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:14 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
SN

I contacted Brussels online before cancelling mine. They declined to waive the cancel fees - twice.
I sent them a disappointed e-mail message. No reply.
Next up? Travel insurance?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 4:32 am

Programs: SQ *G, UA *G, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Did anyone book through Amex travel and managed to get a full refund?

i have all vacations planned for the year so it’s impossible for me to rebook my tickets for another time this year. A full refund for my ticket in April to the US is the only sensible option...

i also don’t see anything regarding free refund in case of cancellation in the lufthansa page anymore... https://www.lufthansa.com/xx/en/flight-information

Last edited by volutes; Mar 15, 2020 at 4:38 am
Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:35 am

I had flights to Singapore on from LHR on LH on 20th of March and I managed to get full refunds including the upgrades payment to Business Class. Did this yesterday using the US toll free number on SKYPE. Took about half an hour for someone to answer the call.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:47 am

Programs: SQ *G, UA *G, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by INVERNESS
I had flights to Singapore on from LHR on LH on 20th of March and I managed to get full refunds including the upgrades payment to Business Class. Did this yesterday using the US toll free number on SKYPE. Took about half an hour for someone to answer the call.
Was any of the segments in your ticket canceled?

Last edited by volutes; Mar 15, 2020 at 7:53 am
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Dan1113
Disappointing to see.

A week or two ago, the LH website said LH group was offering free refunds or rebookings if you can't travel due to a ban on your entry by the country you are going to. Now, it says only 'rebookings'.
When is your travel and what is the routing? What are the other particulars which make your travel impossible? Those will all matter.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:45 am

Programs: A3 Silver
So just so I understand this correctly. I'm booked to fly AMS - ZRH - JNB at the end of April. I booked the companion fare on swiss.com in F for ~2000eur a ticket. Now the same fares are over 3000eurs a ticket. So if South Africa announces a travel ban, I will need to pay over 1000 euros a ticket to move the flight?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
When can the airline take control of a travel agent issued ticket?

I have been trying to get in contact with an OTA for over a week now to get a booking 'suspended'. Austrian keep telling me to call the agent. It's only one flight but online check in opens in 2 hours (47 hours before departure). I can't fly, but I don't want to lose the money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.