Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
If any of your flights in the reservation are cancelled or changed significantly, you can change/refund the ticket as per the section 4.1.2 in this document: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_143775.pdf
If you still want to fly as (re)booked after a schedule change, you need to reconfirm the reservation with a certain number of days as show here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147814.pdf

If you want to change your ticket due to the uncertanty associated with the Covid 19 pandemic, two kinds of waivers are available which are explained here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147655.pdf

Any changes are best done by the agency that booked your ticket. If you booked directly with LH they will handle the rebooking/reissue and/or refunds. This should be done by calling in. Online functionality of LH.com is rather poor.
Print Wikipost

Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights

Old Oct 21, 2020, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by NickRivas
It was with LH that it was booked
not an emergency, will probably leave it as is though
M&L change fee is 50 EUR
Old Oct 21, 2020, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
Can anyone confirm if the most recent change policy for Lufthansa allows unlimited number of free changes?
Old Oct 21, 2020, 10:10 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
I had posted above, people seemed to think I'd be entitled to a refund. I've got a couple more details, I had originally booked through an OTA and despite my flight being LH, LH, AC, AC, AC the ticket is on 014 AC ticket stock. So when I called LH to confirm I'd be eligible for a refund, they basically told me to talk to the OTA (who I waited on hold for 6 hours for, which is why I resorted to calling LH) or AC (due to the 014 ticket stock). I called AC and in Canada right now the policy is just to give credits, regardless of what's going on.

My original flight from LAX-FRA on Oct 28 was cancelled, I was rebooked for a flight 22:30 later on Oct 29 same flight LH457. I got emailed today by Flightnetwork (the OTA) that my new flight on Oct 29 had now been cancelled. Lufthansa.com seems to disagree, but it doesn't matter, I can't travel either way and I have lots of airline credit, I'm trying to avoid accruing more.

Based on the original flight cancellation alone, I should be entitled to a refund there no? But if it's on AC ticket stock I have to play by their rules? But then beyond all that, wouldn't EU261 apply as the LAX-FRA was the flight affected, and within their rules I'm entitled to "reimbursement"? Assuming that last part is correct, how do I go about filing a claim, how would LH reimburse me for a ticket they never sold me? I've filed EU261 in the past but I've never NOT traveled on the itinerary. The OTAs are generally relatively lazy and not as knowledgable as they should be, and as I being a new hold with them, I can only presume they'll tell me I can get an AC credit voucher.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 12:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by drvannostren
But if it's on AC ticket stock I have to play by their rules? But then beyond all that, wouldn't EU261 apply as the LAX-FRA was the flight affected, and within their rules I'm entitled to "reimbursement"? Assuming that last part is correct, how do I go about filing a claim, how would LH reimburse me for a ticket they never sold me? I've filed EU261 in the past but I've never NOT traveled on the itinerary. The OTAs are generally relatively lazy and not as knowledgable as they should be, and as I being a new hold with them, I can only presume they'll tell me I can get an AC credit voucher.
1. The OTA is your agent and has to find a solution for you.
2. You are entitled to a full refund, but from 014/AC
3. AC currently doesn't give a rats behind and doesn't issue cash refunds, only vouchers.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
This is definitely not an LH issue because AC issued the ticket. You need to take this up with the OTA or AC. You will get nowhere with LH when LH didn't issue the ticket. LH can't refund a ticket that someone else (OTA or AC) received payment for.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
1. The OTA is your agent and has to find a solution for you.
2. You are entitled to a full refund, but from 014/AC
3. AC currently doesn't give a rats behind and doesn't issue cash refunds, only vouchers.
With regards to 2, am I entitled to that because a flight was cancelled and that's normal procedure? Because with COVID that's not happening (except recent news from WS). Or am I entitled to it, because EU 261 law says that I am? Because if it were EU 261, I would assume I'd have to file a claim against Lufthansa since they're the operating carrier.

Originally Posted by SK AAR
This is definitely not an LH issue because AC issued the ticket. You need to take this up with the OTA or AC. You will get nowhere with LH when LH didn't issue the ticket. LH can't refund a ticket that someone else (OTA or AC) received payment for.
Same question as above basically. I understand that AC has issued the ticket, but they're not gonna give me that refund as it's been said they're issuing vouchers, because the Canadian government is allowing it. But again, EU261 says that if my flight is cancelled I'm entitled to reimbursement. But that would be filed against the flight that was of issue, which is the LH operated flight. But can you file an EU261 claim for an itinerary that you never started? Cuz this would be flight 1 of 5.

Sorry, you guys may be answering the question and I'm not getting it. I'm just trying to make sure I'm armed with the right information, because I know the stock answer will be voucher.

I've filed EU261 claims before, but only on flights I've flown. I've gotten plenty of airline credits from other carriers. So I'm really trying to avoid getting another credit from AC and I think there should be a way to get my money back in this case, whereas with my AM cases I knew I wasn't getting money back, because Canada isn't forcing refunds and neither is Mexico. But in Europe they are.
Old Oct 23, 2020, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
[QUOTE=drvannostren;

Same question as above basically. I understand that AC has issued the ticket, but they're not gonna give me that refund as it's been said they're issuing vouchers, because the Canadian government is allowing it. But again, EU261 says that if my flight is cancelled I'm entitled to reimbursement. But that would be filed against the flight that was of issue, which is the LH operated flight. But can you file an EU261 claim for an itinerary that you never started? [/QUOTE]

The reason for the cancellation is Covid19 & thats an extraordinary circumstance

Yes, your due a refund but from who you paid & thats the OTA or AC, its not LH fault AC dont issue cash refunds
Old Oct 24, 2020, 6:33 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by drvannostren
With regards to 2, am I entitled to that because a flight was cancelled and that's normal procedure? Because with COVID that's not happening (except recent news from WS). Or am I entitled to it, because EU 261 law says that I am? Because if it were EU 261, I would assume I'd have to file a claim against Lufthansa since they're the operating carrier.
There is no need to file a claim. As per EU261 if any segment of your trip is cancelled you are entitled to equaivalent accomodation on a comparable flight or full refund. The claim business is for instances where you are due compensation for the cancellation/delay to your trip. That part has been partly suspended due to the pandemic. The bit of the regulation that requires you to receive a full refund is not.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 1:46 am

Apologies if this has been answered before.

I have an intra Europe flight transiting through Frankfurt. The first flight is still operating however the connecting flight has been cancelled and will now be on the next day. LH have not sent an email yet but online I can see it is no longer available.

What are the rules / flexibility? Can I move the first flight to the day before (as there is then a connecting flight that is still operating)? Could I move the connecting flight to a few days later in the week?

Any suggestions / links to lufthansa expert docs much appreciated.

​​​
Old Oct 25, 2020, 2:17 am

You can rearrange to anything +-/3 days of the original booking in such cases.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 4:39 am

There is no need to file a claim. As per EU261 if any segment of your trip is cancelled you are entitled to equaivalent accomodation on a comparable flight or full refund. The claim business is for instances where you are due compensation for the cancellation/delay to your trip. That part has been partly suspended due to the pandemic. The bit of the regulation that requires you to receive a full refund is not.
Perfect thanks, because then by European law Air Canada/OTA owes me a refund, whether or not the canadian government is gonna force them to give them out.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You can rearrange to anything +-/3 days of the original booking in such cases.
Thats including OAL right? I was told that I could use my cancelled flights whenever I want, irrespective of RBD, and within Star when the RBD maps. Is that because all my segments were cancelled?
Old Oct 25, 2020, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
LH will not rebook OAL if there is LH Group flights available. morehan 14 days out LH will never book OAL unless it is the only option at all (
Old Oct 25, 2020, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought Star Alliance waiver was still in place?
Old Oct 29, 2020, 2:59 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meli Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Just got 2 emails regarding flight cancellations: POZ-FRA on 2.11 and WAW-FRA on 9.11. Crazy...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.