Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
If any of your flights in the reservation are cancelled or changed significantly, you can change/refund the ticket as per the section 4.1.2 in this document: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_143775.pdf
If you still want to fly as (re)booked after a schedule change, you need to reconfirm the reservation with a certain number of days as show here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147814.pdf

If you want to change your ticket due to the uncertanty associated with the Covid 19 pandemic, two kinds of waivers are available which are explained here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147655.pdf

Any changes are best done by the agency that booked your ticket. If you booked directly with LH they will handle the rebooking/reissue and/or refunds. This should be done by calling in. Online functionality of LH.com is rather poor.
Print Wikipost

Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2020, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
BRE is hardly an option; the drive is too long from Denmark. I would rather choose BRU or DUS and take a cheap flight to/from there. For some reason fares DK to AMS are much higher than to BRU. DUS would be a perfect choice for a cheap BA Avios ticket, BLL-DUS return is 8,000 Avios + tax
Old Jul 18, 2020, 7:40 am

My LH Group flight ticket (Swiss) is OTA issued. Can I get a voucher directly from LH now or I have to go through the agency that issued it ?

​​​​​​It's almost impossible to get a refund from a OTA, that's why I will be OK if I get a voucher directly from Lufthansa
Old Jul 18, 2020, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Paul74
My LH Group flight ticket (Swiss) is OTA issued. Can I get a voucher directly from LH now or I have to go through the agency that issued it ?

​​​​​​It's almost impossible to get a refund from a OTA, that's why I will be OK if I get a voucher directly from Lufthansa
Unfortunately you have to go back to the POS, that is OTA in your case.
Paul74 likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 2:06 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Unfortunately you have to go back to the POS, that is OTA in your case.
I am in the same situation with 2 tickets. Both tickets were bought through an OTA but my credit card was debited by LX for the tickets and by the OTA for fees and insurance.
Taking in consideration I paid LX, there is no way I can ask them for reimbursement? After all it was the airline who cancelled the tickets.

Thanks,
Old Jul 19, 2020, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by more4less
I am in the same situation with 2 tickets. Both tickets were bought through an OTA but my credit card was debited by LX for the tickets and by the OTA for fees and insurance.
Taking in consideration I paid LX, there is no way I can ask them for reimbursement? After all it was the airline who cancelled the tickets.

Thanks,
You can try but you will get a generic response, please contact the merchant you purchased your tickets from. Good Luck.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 8:45 am

Update: Very impressed!

As reported upthread, my husband and I had reservations to leave on Aug 5 flying MCO-FRA-CPH on LH, returning a month later. We booked via AmEx online, business class using the IAP.

Two of the four flights were cancelled (the outgoing MCO-FRA and the return CPH-FRA), although the PNR with the two remaining flights was still active at the full price we paid ($4,139.50). I contacted AmEx travel by phone this past Monday (July 11th) to process a refund since we would not be able to travel to Denmark as scheduled and had no idea when we'd want to reschedule.

The phone call took less than half an hour. The agent did have to put me on hold to call LH for a waiver code for the refund, since the original booking was non-refundable, but it was quick.

I've just logged into my AmEx account and the full refund / credit posted on July 15. Four days!

Of course, sorry that the best deal we've ever booked for business class fell through and hope we'll be able to rebook when travel is safe again, but very happy that the refund was processed so quickly and efficiently.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 5:49 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Hey.
I have to convert my 2020 bookings into vouchers.

Question s: (propably already answered, sorry for that):
1. If I get 300 euros voucher and the new tocket costs 210 euros, the remaining 90 euros can be used for another booking?
2. I assume I´ll also get an additional 50 euros discount code if the tickets were purchased before May 15th and the flights were cancelled, right?
Thanks
Old Jul 24, 2020, 6:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
1. No, the residual value if forfeighted. LH has now started offering prepaid UATP cards instead that can be used as form of payment where this would not occur.
2. Yes

If any of the flights in your booking were cancelled you are entitle to a full refund. I would not go for the vouchers unless you really have to.
Old Jul 24, 2020, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but for a new booking (after 15 May) there is no voucher option; only the option of a 1-time free rebooking (and payment of possible up-fare) to be made before 31 AUG and in any event before the original travel date (unless your flight is cancelled, then obviously, you can ask for refund, rebooking etc)
Old Jul 24, 2020, 6:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but for a new booking (after 15 May) there is no voucher option; only the option of a 1-time free rebooking (and payment of possible up-fare) to be made before 31 AUG and in any event before the original travel date (unless your flight is cancelled, then obviously, you can ask for refund, rebooking etc)
I was under the impression that you had to have booked the original ticket by the 31st August to be able to make a free change - not that you have to make the change by the 31st August? Or have I misread that?
Old Jul 24, 2020, 6:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

There are two sets of waivers, see the flow chart here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/sha...ile_147655.pdf
Old Jul 24, 2020, 6:52 am

Programs: IB+ Emerald (Platino), M&M Senator (Gold), Meliá Rewards Platino, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
1. No, the residual value if forfeighted. LH has now started offering prepaid UATP cards instead that can be used as form of payment where this would not occur.
2. Yes

If any of the flights in your booking were cancelled you are entitle to a full refund. I would not go for the vouchers unless you really have to.
1. WOW, it seems ridiculous... :O Any info about UATP cards for LH?
2. Cool.
I am planning to fly again in 2021, so vouchers seem OK for me. Am I missing someting (except for the uncertainity related with Covid19 situation)?

Thanks for your answers.
Old Jul 28, 2020, 7:18 pm

My situation is a little different.

I'm in the US with tickets to Munich in September. I thought my flight would be cancelled, but they switched us to a United flight 5 hours earlier. Our plans were cancelled so we want a refund. Additionally, we paid $400 to get better seats.

Are we entitled to a refund since the carrier and time changed? If so, would we get back the additional $400?
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by Soullessginger
My situation is a little different.

I'm in the US with tickets to Munich in September. I thought my flight would be cancelled, but they switched us to a United flight 5 hours earlier. Our plans were cancelled so we want a refund. Additionally, we paid $400 to get better seats.

Are we entitled to a refund since the carrier and time changed? If so, would we get back the additional $400?
Being switched to another flight in itself counts as a cancellation and you will get a full refund including seat fees. Just call LH or the travel agent who you booked with.
Soullessginger likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2020, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Being switched to another flight in itself counts as a cancellation and you will get a full refund including seat fees. Just call LH or the travel agent who you booked with.
I called Lufthansa this morning and she told me that I should call back on August 30th since many flights are being cancelled. Also, that since the flight is confirmed, I am not eligible for a refund. When I got the change email, it asked that I respond to confirm or my booking would be cancelled. I never called or emailed back. I feel like they pick their words very carefully.

Any suggestions? And thank you for your response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.