Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
If any of your flights in the reservation are cancelled or changed significantly, you can change/refund the ticket as per the section 4.1.2 in this document: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_143775.pdf
If you still want to fly as (re)booked after a schedule change, you need to reconfirm the reservation with a certain number of days as show here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147814.pdf

If you want to change your ticket due to the uncertanty associated with the Covid 19 pandemic, two kinds of waivers are available which are explained here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147655.pdf

Any changes are best done by the agency that booked your ticket. If you booked directly with LH they will handle the rebooking/reissue and/or refunds. This should be done by calling in. Online functionality of LH.com is rather poor.
Print Wikipost

Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2020, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I just looked in the LH app and my FRA to PMI booking was cancelled and LH did not inform me by email. Now I am waiting for them to cancel the other trip AMS-BKK which is in P & A.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 12:22 pm

Programs: A3 Silver
Thanks to oliver2002 for his patience and explanations. I was able get my ticket reissued to later dates free of charge, to another date with A-class availability. This time instead of calling the US Swiss number, I called the first class hotline at +41 61 582 17 17 (I found the number on vielfliegertreff), got through to an agent right away, and they were very helpful.

So if you also booked one of these first class companion fares, I recommend you 1) wait for LH / LX to cancel one of your flights, and 2) call the first class hotline.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by montezume
Thanks to oliver2002 for his patience and explanations. I was able get my ticket reissued to later dates free of charge, to another date with A-class availability. This time instead of calling the US Swiss number, I called the first class hotline at +41 61 582 17 17 (I found the number on vielfliegertreff), got through to an agent right away, and they were very helpful.

So if you also booked one of these first class companion fares, I recommend you 1) wait for LH / LX to cancel one of your flights, and 2) call the first class hotline.
Thanks montezume for the very helpful update and Thanks to oliver2002 for his explanation. you guys are awesome
Lufthansa First class hotline can be found here
https://www.lufthansa.com/ca/en/luft...class-hotlines
Old Apr 7, 2020, 1:13 pm

Programs: AC E75K
FWIW, it seems that LX / LH's stance (or at least attitude) has shifted in the past few days. Both are now very clear in telling me that I'm eligible for a refund and only need the OTA (Expedia) to initiate the refund request. They even said they would put something in my file so Expedia would have no doubt when I called.

Spoke to Expedia today, who indeed confirmed the note in my file and immediately initiated the refund request. Of course, they said it might take 30-60 days, but it's progress from the runaround LX / LH was giving me earlier.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by montezume

Thank you this does help me. Cheers
Old Apr 7, 2020, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would like to activate my tickets for journeys on the same route without any fare difference for a reasonable time after LH Group fly again.

It’s not a lot to ask and all the while my beans have been in Helga’s konto for them to do as they please.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 1:37 am

Programs: LH MM**, HH Silver
Originally Posted by sophialite
That’s excellent. Businesses that managed their cash well and can stand by their employees and customers throughout this will emerge in a dominant position. It’s a long game and only the longer term thinkers will thrive in the covid and post-covid world.
just a data point to close the offtopic discussion, nonrefundable advance pruchase cancelled Hilton stay refund hit my account on Monday. So about a week from cancellation to money on the account.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 4:40 am

Apologies if this is a repeat question, searched the forum but can't find a response...

Does anyone know how long a M&M redeposit is taking? Flight was cancelled and after calling M&M they said all miles would be refunded but that was over 7 Days?
Old Apr 8, 2020, 5:36 am

In my case miles for an award booking cancelled by the airline (SQ flights) were returned immediately after my call with LH M&M hotline. Taxes were refunded on my credit card after around 7 days.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why don't we set out some facts about what the LH rebooking policy actually is?:

It is simply incorrect that you can rebook RBD for RBD. This is wrong.
Ticket recalculation is the policy in all circumstances, minus 50 EUR in the fare basis only. The fact that some agents including the premium hotlines are sending PNR to be ticketed when RBD is swapped but not recalculated is wrong and you're just lucky.

I had a conversation with a supervisor about this and they are aware of the lottery of some agents vs other agents. Reading the guidance out to be verbatim they make it absolutely clear that repricing is the Management decision. It's thought this is a matter of sympathetic agents vs those who follow the rules and they're fully aware that some tickets make it to the queue without being repriced. And they're also aware of whats posted on VFT and FT regarding pax's experiences.

Regarding the 50 EUR discount, this is fare only, if the taxes (especially YQ) change then the pax is on the hook to pay that plus the discount only works if the fare is a minimum of €50 so a €49.99 fare component would not be discounted.

Refunds have been totally stopped. They will happen in the future, but no one knows when. That is a decision "taken by the highest management of Lufthansa".
Old Apr 8, 2020, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA KL
At the moment we have flights booked EDI-MUC (for a trip to Austria) in July 2020. If I don't want to take my family this summer, am I correct in saying there is not currently an option that will let me rebook the same flights for the same time in July 2021? (when the seats become bookable) From what I see on the LH website I can only rebook until April 2021.

I can understand why airlines are giving out vouchers rather than refunds, but not allowing customers to rebook for the same period next in 2021 seems harsh.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I presume you booked via a UK credit card and your flights cost more than £100. In which case, don’t waste your time rebooking- which would most likely cost more, chasing refunds and all that jazz. Just call your CC firm and ask to make a S75 claim and you’ll get your money back.
Sheepfan likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2020, 10:21 pm

Section 75 only applies where goods are not delivered or do not match the description, so unless your flight has been cancelled, section 75 (or chargebacks in general) doesn't apply.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 2:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Email to TAs

The past few weeks have been challenging for all of us. The spread of coronavirus affects not only public, but also our daily lives. The tourism industry was particularly affected. Therefore, it is important for us to stay in touch with you during this difficult time.

Lufthansa Group airlines constantly adjust flight schedules in accordance with the current situation; We currently offer less than 5 percent of our initially planned routes. Austrian Airlines and Air Dolomiti temporarily suspended their flights until May 3, 2020. Brussels Airlines will not resume flights until May 15, 2020. Check out Lufthansa, SWISS, and Eurowings flight schedules here. In addition to regular flights, Lufthansa Group airlines continue to carry out repatriation flights and have already transported more than 70,000 vacationers to their countries - Austria, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland.

In order to make it more convenient for our passengers to plan trips in this unstable situation, we offer more flexible conditions for rebooking. Passengers of a canceled or still planned flight can reissue their ticket without having to immediately choose an alternative date and / or route for a new flight. The cost of a previously purchased ticket will be taken into account when reissuing for a new date and / or route, and passengers will receive a discount of 50 euros / 50 US dollars / 50 Swiss francs. We appreciate your professionalism and understand that discussing rebooking options may take some time. For each reissued ticket, your travel agency will receive a bonus of 10 Euro / 10 US dollars / 10 Swiss francs.

For tickets of passengers who do not plan to reissue tickets, you can request a refund. However, we ask you to be sympathetic to the fact that due to this situation there will be delays in processing requests.

Due to numerous travel restrictions and reduced bookings, we can only offer a discount program in the coming weeks. We constantly monitor the situation and are ready to quickly adjust the flight schedule at any time if restrictions on entry are relaxed or demand for individual destinations increases again. Of course, we will inform you in a timely manner of further developments.

To best comply with recommendations for maintaining physical distance, also known as “social distance”, the Lufthansa Group has already taken numerous measures to help increase the distance between passengers on their journey. I can assure you that the health of our guests and our staff is of utmost importance, especially in this emergency.

I would like to thank you personally for the understanding and trust you have shown us - and I can assure you that the Lufthansa Group wants to remain a strong and reliable business partner for you and your customers now and also after the crisis.
Together we will surely cope with these difficult times. #WeAreInThisTogether

Be healthy, take care of yourself, your family and your loved ones.
Old Apr 9, 2020, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So Oliver, lets say my flight AMS to BKK is cancelled and I do find space in Sept/Oct in P & A but instead I want to change my destination, now to SIN, thats also part of LH's cancellation policy due to COVID19?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.