Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: oliver2002
If any of your flights in the reservation are cancelled or changed significantly, you can change/refund the ticket as per the section 4.1.2 in this document: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_143775.pdf
If you still want to fly as (re)booked after a schedule change, you need to reconfirm the reservation with a certain number of days as show here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147814.pdf

If you want to change your ticket due to the uncertanty associated with the Covid 19 pandemic, two kinds of waivers are available which are explained here: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/shared/files/lufthansa/public/mcms/folder_102/folder_3625/file_147655.pdf

Any changes are best done by the agency that booked your ticket. If you booked directly with LH they will handle the rebooking/reissue and/or refunds. This should be done by calling in. Online functionality of LH.com is rather poor.
Print Wikipost

Covid19: LH Group general waiver to rebook flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2020, 7:36 am

I had a flight planned on April 22 and I checked the status of my flight and they are cancelled. Yet I didnt receive a cancellation email from LH. Is that normal during these times? As I booked a very cheap economy light fare I will have to pay a decent amount of fare difference as there are no flights in the future close in price to what I paid for. What is the best course of action to get a cash, not voucher, refund?
Old Apr 4, 2020, 9:23 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just call LH and say your flight was cancelled and you want a refund. They will cancel the reseravtion and queue it to the department that does the refunds.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 9:39 am

Programs: A3 Silver
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Just call LH and say your flight was cancelled and you want a refund. They will cancel the reseravtion and queue it to the department that does the refunds.
Really? I was told last night that they were accepting no more refunds, and to call back at a later date (she refused to define what a later date meant) to request a refund.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 9:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Call again.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 10:49 am

Programs: AC E75K
Call again.
Can I call LH for a LX booking? Swiss is really killing me.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
I have a LH F flight to EZE in June. I know we aren’t there yet, but as of now is LH operating these flights? Also, this was a fairly cheap CDG-FRA-EZE-BOG-EZE-FRA-CDG fare. If a date change is required will they also demand a fare difference? Could as much as double the price.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 1:07 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I have a LH F flight to EZE in June. I know we aren’t there yet, but as of now is LH operating these flights? Also, this was a fairly cheap CDG-FRA-EZE-BOG-EZE-FRA-CDG fare. If a date change is required will they also demand a fare difference? Could as much as double the price.
My experience: no rebooking without fare differnce.This is against european law - but LH doesn´t care about that.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 2:18 pm

If nothing is cancelled regular rules apply for flights in June.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 4:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many
If nothing is cancelled regular rules apply for flights in June.
I am asking IN CASE it's cancelled, want to be prepared and know my options.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 7:47 pm

Programs: AC E75K
This chart (and article) might explain why LH is being so difficult with its refund policy:

cbourl, mmff and montezume like this.
Old Apr 4, 2020, 8:07 pm

Programs: Miles & More / Virgin Velocity-Gold
Originally Posted by robertr
Had a Mini Round The World for 25/6/20-23/07/20 booked SYD-SIN-ZRH-BUD-FRA-LAX-SYD x 2pax( business class)

My Sydney Travel Agent rang me on Monday & advised that Lufthansa would not charge cancellation fees.

So I cancelled & rebooked for 1 Sept 2020 - 1 Oct 2020 SYD-SIN-FRA-BUD-FRA-LAX-SYD ( only difference was ZRH was changed to FRA)

For the convenience I had to pay an extra $890.32AUD = 445.16 x 2 Pax

​​​​​​Explanation was fare increase plus increase in taxes.

1. Is that correct that Lufthansa can gouge me the additional cost?
2. If corona virus is still in full swing in September 2020 am I protected by Lufthansa & able to reschedule once again and or probably more wisely obtain a credit on this rescheduled booking?
Many Thanks
Did I put this post in the incorrect thread?
Old Apr 5, 2020, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by ragerforever
I had a flight planned on April 22 and I checked the status of my flight and they are cancelled. Yet I didnt receive a cancellation email from LH. Is that normal during these times? As I booked a very cheap economy light fare I will have to pay a decent amount of fare difference as there are no flights in the future close in price to what I paid for. What is the best course of action to get a cash, not voucher, refund?
i called LH. Skeptical because of all the voucher only options given by LH in this thread. Call lasted total of 4 minutes. Full refund request was approved
8420PR likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 7:42 pm

i called LH. Skeptical because of all the voucher only options given by LH in this thread. Call lasted total of 4 minutes. Full refund request was approved
Policy change?
Old Apr 6, 2020, 1:59 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Please let us know when the refund hits you bank / credit card account.
If it only arrives in several months (as some verbatims allude to), I don't see where it is better than a voucher...

For instance, I received a refund confirmation from LX about 3 weeks ago - still waiting...
Old Apr 6, 2020, 4:34 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Just got rebooked my promo A fare to HKG (fare valid originally until end of June) to September without any problem and extra cost. Via Hon Service.
Was also offered to put all booking on hold with possibility to fly without any extra cost (if the routing remain same) until end of year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.