Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA FF Number on LOT

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2020, 9:04 am
Original Poster

UA FF Number on LOT

Hey guys, first time flying LOT tomorrow (yay?). This ticket was booked through my company's travel agency and I gave them my UA FF number. The FF number on the boarding pass has a prefix of UA that's not normally there. So normally the FF number is FF123456 but in this case it shows up as UAFF123456. The reservation doesn't show up in my UA app, which is the first time flying a SA partner this has happened, and there's nothing on there about being *G. Is showing Gold status from the UA app enough to get me into a lounge? Do I need to change the FF number at the desk? I called LOT and the nice Polish gentleman confirmed that there was a FF number on the ticket but couldn't confirm if it was in the right format.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 11:18 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Do you fly from WAW? Yes - they accept *G card on the App. They could not read my TK FF from SK-issued B/Pass, so they just accepted my TK*G card on TK App. But Fast Track works only when it is coded on the B/Pass. They will not let you through by showing the virtual card.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TPJ
Do you fly from WAW? Yes - they accept *G card on the App. They could not read my TK FF from SK-issued B/Pass, so they just accepted my TK*G card on TK App. But Fast Track works only when it is coded on the B/Pass. They will not let you through by showing the virtual card.
BUD with connection in WAW both ways.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:17 am

Programs: Milage Plus 1K 1.3MM, Marriot LT Platinum
Moin!

Originally Posted by calmasahinducow
The FF number on the boarding pass has a prefix of UA that's not normally there. So normally the FF number is FF123456 but in this case it shows up as UAFF123456. The reservation doesn't show up in my UA app, which is the first time flying a SA partner this has happened, and there's nothing on there about being *G. .
I had this before and it is not good. It means that your FF is not correctly coded on the ticket. If you can't change it on the website, you may be able to do it web or kiosk/airport checkin. I would insist on an agent sorting this until it displays UA*G at the airport.

So long
-Ralf
Old Feb 28, 2020, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by fl1ger
I had this before and it is not good. It means that your FF is not correctly coded on the ticket.
No, it means the system couldn't connect to the central *A system to determine the status with the given FFP no. But I agree, in some places, you are SOL if it doesn't say *G on the BP even if you can show the shiny card. Just had it in DEN, where they refused any Gold benefits as the BP only said SKP not SK*G.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This is a bit strange. LOTs DCS is entirely built on Altea with no customisation whatsoever; the cheapest possible package. It links in the Star database with no issue. All you do is choose United on the list of FFP and enter the alphanumeric #.

How does it look at the OLCI?
Old Feb 28, 2020, 3:05 pm

Sometimes the link to the *A db is just broken.

Happens now and then...
Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hugolover
This is a bit strange. LOTs DCS is entirely built on Altea with no customisation whatsoever; the cheapest possible package. It links in the Star database with no issue. All you do is choose United on the list of FFP and enter the alphanumeric #.

How does it look at the OLCI?
OLCI had the UAFF123456 format but my UA FF account updated the with the segments flown yesterday so looks like it was linked properly. Apparently LO reservations just don't show up in the app. Will see if *G makes it on the BP on the way back but I doubt it. SAS lounge lady at ORD was not happy about letting me in using the app, but whatever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.