Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Coronavirus: LH Group suspends flights to Italy [Discussion of Italy waiver]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coronavirus: LH Group suspends flights to Italy [Discussion of Italy waiver]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: LH, PC, SPG, Sixt, HHonors, Hyatt
Originally Posted by hugolover
I’m holding a ticket to MXP at the end of March and it is still not cancelled even though it will absolutely not operate.
Why do you say this? There are flights operating at the moment, but you expect the situation to get worse?
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:17 am

Programs: UA Silver, DL Silver, HH Gold, Amex Platinum
Any news on whether this has been extended?
I'd love to know this as well. Right now, it's limited to fee-waived rebooking ONLY between the same departure and arrival airports. Not helpful for my sister's NAP-MUC on March 29, when she lives in Raleigh, NC. Even a one-year credit would be more helpful.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LHSebi
Why do you say this? There are flights operating at the moment, but you expect the situation to get worse?
Well the lock-down in Italy is until 04 April. I can’t see Helga continuing to fly and maybe any evac flights for German citizens might be operated by the Luftwaffe. Others can attest if that is typically the case.

I do find it odd, most other airlines have cancelled everything until at least that date. I think even Alitalia have done so.
cbourl likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:07 pm

KLM, Alitalia, Swiss, Lufthansa and Brussels airlines look to be flying a significantly reduced amount of flights from Italy during the quarantine.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:39 pm

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Well the lock-down in Italy is until 04 April. I can’t see Helga continuing to fly and maybe any evac flights for German citizens might be operated by the Luftwaffe. Others can attest if that is typically the case.

I do find it odd, most other airlines have cancelled everything until at least that date. I think even Alitalia have done so.
I think some flights are being operated for the next few days in order to get people into position before the cancellation of all flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.