Wiki Posts
Search

Selecting seats on SWISS flight with LH or OS issued ticket

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2020, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM
Selecting seats on SWISS flight with LH or OS issued ticket

We will be flying from AMS to Larnaca returning from Malta and will most likely choose OS to LCA and would like to use SWISS from Malta back but it seems that if I book flights on either the LH or OS website, I am not able to select seats for the SWISS flights and if I book flights on the SWISS website I am not able to book seats on either OS or LH operated flights.
This seems strange since all 3 airlines are in the LH group but it is what it is.

Does anyone know if it is possible to select seats after the tickets are issued by going on the operating airlines website and logging into the booking or will seats only be allocated during airport check-in as it is the case with some other codeshare flight bookings on other carriers?
Old Feb 22, 2020, 3:33 pm

In my experience this is no problem: the same PNR lets you pull up the booking on any of the LH group websites and you can select seats. For example, I've booked an LH ticket that includes LX segments and have been able to select seats on the LX segments on swiss.com using the LH PNR.
yvrcnx likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC MM
Originally Posted by Recyclops
In my experience this is no problem: the same PNR lets you pull up the booking on any of the LH group websites and you can select seats. For example, I've booked an LH ticket that includes LX segments and have been able to select seats on the LX segments on swiss.com using the LH PNR.
Thank you for the feedback Recyclops, that's good to know and that is what I was hoping for and it makes sense.
I am planning to book with LH but it will include 2 LX sectors.
Thanks again!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.