J recommendation: LH747, LX330 or AC777 for longhaul?

Old Feb 15, 2020, 3:08 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by sw1x
i, for one, don’t care much for doors as the resulting cabin within the cabin feels claustrophobic to me. Thus, one of Polaris‘ most distinguishing aspects doesn’t do much for me - and I am not sure if UA has converted all its 76s to Polaris yet.

LH J isn’t the greatest hard product out there, but at least it’s consistent throughout the fleet. A350 is a pleasant aircraft, LH keeps its cabins fairly clean - and first and foremost chances to encounter professionally courteous or even friendly service are high on LH. Sadly I wouldn’t necessarily expect the latter from UA (though admittedly one can be pleasantly surprised as well). So it’s LH J despite its downsides over UA Polaris for me.
What doors do you mean? Polaris doesn’t have doors.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 5:50 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Originally Posted by lhrpete
I've tried them enough times in the past thank you including the launch of the F terminal at Frankfurt. There's nothing new there and I maintain the AC Signature Suite is just as good bearing in mind it's a business lounge. Compare it to LH business lounges and see just how far LH has fallen.
Im so happy you could experience a sliver of what I experience. Maybe some day you can experience it more. I pray for you and your future success.

You can maintain it all you want, but the experience isn’t comparable in the slightest, and I’ve done both as well. I definitely agree that it’s far superior to the LH business lounges. Far far superior. I actually really liked the Signature Suite. It just isn’t the FCT or the FCL.

I’m not an LH apologist. Really enjoy AF P and it’s comparable to if not superior to LX F. Am looking forward to trying SQ F/Suites some day. CX I hear is also great but I wonder if they’ll survive as an airline. ANA’s new F also looks incredible from the pix. And I’m eager to try WY F on the 787.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
UA 767 can have old business class. A350 is a fantastic aircraft. Even Polaris v LH A350 would have me going for the latter.
I’m not sure I’d make a similar choice. I flew LH J last year to Lagos and I guess I’m spoiled now but the seat felt very narrow (and food was awful). Haven’t tried Polaris but it looks better.

I think the new J will be a game changer but LH has been absolutely horrible with rolling it out compared to ANA and BA. And both of their new products are clearly better than LH’s current J.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by sophialite
I’m not sure I’d make a similar choice. I flew LH J last year to Lagos and I guess I’m spoiled now but the seat felt very narrow (and food was awful). Haven’t tried Polaris but it looks better.

I think the new J will be a game changer but LH has been absolutely horrible with rolling it out compared to ANA and BA. And both of their new products are clearly better than LH’s current J.
The problem with Polaris is the footwell. It's very tight. I don't have the measurements, but LH J seems wider to me that Polaris. But that's why I prefer any J or F that doesn't go coffin.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: status free since 2017
Decision made on LH 747 inbound and AC 777 outbound. Both in J. They can try both lounges and have the experience of 747 UD and a better hard product on AC.

This option of mixed carriers just popped up today. Now just hoping they dont have to go through deflategate on a 14hr flight...
Old Feb 15, 2020, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
This option of mixed carriers just popped up today. Now just hoping they dont have to go through deflategate on a 14hr flight...
14 hr flight ? Really ?
Old Feb 15, 2020, 5:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by chris63
14 hr flight ? Really ?
YYZ-DEL reported flight time by AC 13hr 55mins.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 7:53 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by sophialite
Im so happy you could experience a sliver of what I experience. Maybe some day you can experience it more. I pray for you and your future success.

You can maintain it all you want, but the experience isn’t comparable in the slightest, and I’ve done both as well. I definitely agree that it’s far superior to the LH business lounges. Far far superior. I actually really liked the Signature Suite. It just isn’t the FCT or the FCL.

I’m not an LH apologist. Really enjoy AF P and it’s comparable to if not superior to LX F. Am looking forward to trying SQ F/Suites some day. CX I hear is also great but I wonder if they’ll survive as an airline. ANA’s new F also looks incredible from the pix. And I’m eager to try WY F on the 787.

Been, seen and done long before you had your much exalted, at least in your eyes status. The only place I'm flying to these days is a happy retirement after a long and very successful career and it's great no longer having to endure travel which is now purely for enjoyment.

I'll leave this here feeling as sorry as I could for someone as perpetually unpleasant and rude as you are. It suits your arrogance and ignorance rather well. Who knows, one day you might grow up but I for one won't hold my breath.
chris63, Dover2Golf and Hydro88 like this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by lhrpete
Been, seen and done long before you had your much exalted, at least in your eyes status. The only place I'm flying to these days is a happy retirement after a long and very successful career and it's great no longer having to endure travel which is now purely for enjoyment.

I'll leave this here feeling as sorry as I could for someone as perpetually unpleasant and rude as you are. It suits your arrogance and ignorance rather well. Who knows, one day you might grow up but I for one won't hold my breath.
u mad bro?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 8:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Decision made on LH 747 inbound and AC 777 outbound. Both in J. They can try both lounges and have the experience of 747 UD and a better hard product on AC.

Cool. Thread closed.
lhrpete, chris63 and Hydro88 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.