Wiki Posts
Search

Skip last leg on J Mixed LX/LH booking.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Skip last leg on J Mixed LX/LH booking.

I have a booking coming up on a mixed LX LH flight. It’s a BSL ZRH (train) PEK and a return LH PEK FRA BSL. I plan to only bring hand luggage.

Will there be any implications for me skipping the last leg and getting off in FRA?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 6:11 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AY Silver
Originally Posted by Mozart0815
Will there be any implications for me skipping the last leg and getting off in FRA?
As long as you don't make it a habit, you should be fine.
Mozart0815 and totti like this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clifford79
As long as you don't make it a habit, you should be fine.
Thanks. It’s for a difficult family health situation so hopefully a one off.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just make sure you go online and cancel the checkin for FRA BSL on LH.com once you land in FRA.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all.

FYI, I just learned from my travel agency given that this was a special negotiated company rate, any skipping of the last leg may result in significant penalties.

I was able to cancel and rebook to BA. First time on a 787 and going to PKX.

Last edited by Mozart0815; Jan 14, 2020 at 2:50 pm
Old Jan 16, 2020, 7:05 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Mozart0815
Thanks all.

FYI, I just learned from my travel agency given that this was a special negotiated company rate, any skipping of the last leg may result in significant penalties.
Yes. This is the official version. However, LH has a hard time enforcing the rule. They tried, and failed.

Funny, however, how rules intended to secure them revenue, in turn causes them to lose revenue. Well done! I wish you'd write LH about their achievement.

HTB.
Hydro88 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by htb
Yes. This is the official version. However, LH has a hard time enforcing the rule. They tried, and failed.

Funny, however, how rules intended to secure them revenue, in turn causes them to lose revenue. Well done! I wish you'd write LH about their achievement.

HTB.
I could but have a hard time believing it would make any difference at all. Airline pricing has been such a mess for years now.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 6:41 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by htb

HTB.
They can easily enforce the rule against the travel agent or company (not sure who negotiated the fare). But for all practical purposes nothing will happen if you do it once. Maybe you became quite ill in Frankfurt and sat on the toilet for two hours. Who knows?
Old Jan 17, 2020, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by htb
Maybe you mix something up. I've never heard about LH failing to enforce special conditions agreed with other companies. Of course LH and another company are able to agree special conditions like penalties for skipping the last leg.

The question, if a penalty for skipping the last leg is covered by the general t&c is a different kettle of fish.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 7:49 am
Original Poster

I am aware that probably nothing much would happen if I do this once. But as we‘re taking about an J ticket paid my my employer, I didn’t want to run even a hypothetical risk of my company having to pay more given that the change was for family issues only. It’s just not worth the hassle.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.