Search

LH to CX interlining question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2020, 1:04 am
Original Poster

LH to CX interlining question

Hi all.

I have an upcoming flight MUC - FRA - HKG

its all on one Cathay ticket. First flight is LH99 MUC to FRA, the on to CX288 to HKG.

Will LH checkin at MUC check the bags through and give all boarding passes?
Old Jan 12, 2020, 1:55 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Yes to bags being checked all the way through.
CX Boarding passes may need to be collected from the transfer desk at FRA, but this shouldn’t be a big deal.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Thanks for that. I can’t recall having flown LH previously.

A follow up question. Can I use the manned check in counter at MUC for this type of itinerary or must I use the machine?

Also I have OWE status with CX, I presume this doesn’t provide any benefits at MUC, is that correct?
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Offshore171
Also I have OWE status with CX, I presume this doesn’t provide any benefits at MUC, is that correct?
Most probably not, worth asking at check-in though.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:56 am

LH should be able to print the CX boarding passes as well. At least last month LX was able to print all passes for HAM-ZRH-HKG-BNE with first leg on LX and the others CX.

Unfortunately OWE and a LH flight boarding pass gives you no benefits in MUC at all.

You can use the staffed check-in. Probably only option anyway, due to the document check.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Thank you to all for the advice.

One last question, with the flight out of MUC at 9am, am I correct to understand I can check in the bags the the night before. We are laying up at the airport hotel, so a twilight check-in would be useful.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:40 am

Yes, you can. Terminal 2, Level 4, but only open until 9pm.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Just updating this thread in case it helps others with a similar enquiry. Here’s what happened:

We used the twilight check in at MUC. LH check in staff were able to check the bags right through to SYD (via FRA and HKG with Cathay.)

All boarding passes were provided right through to SYD.

No lounge access at MUC, but we were able to use the Priority Lounge at FRA, near the departure gate for the CX flight.
malmostoso likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.