No Miles for LATAM Flight

Old Jan 3, 20, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Angry No Miles for LATAM Flight

Hello,

I had a RT flight SCL-IPC on LATAM business class I. When booking I added my LH SEN number but then I see in my M&M account: Your request for a retroactive mileage credit. LA 843 SANTIAGO DE CHILE-ISLA DE PASCUA Economy Class, J on 11/27/2019 has been rejected because Flight already credited.

So I called the hotline, where they did not know why this happened and they opened a case. A couple of days later I get the following message in a M&M Inbox: We cannot credit your flight with our airline partner to your Miles & More account because the route or flight number is not covered by our contractual agreement.

There is no mention of this of this the M&M website...
Did anyone have this issue before?

Thanks!

Laik
Old Jan 3, 20, 4:35 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by LaikMaik View Post
There is no mention of this of this the M&M website...
Did anyone have this issue before?
I am about to take my business from Avianca to more convenient LATAM and am much concerned about your experience.

As per M&L (L for less) website you should even earn executive bonus flying LATAM. Unfortunately they also write "Some flight numbers and booking classes may not qualify for earning miles." In this case it would be interesting to know on WHICH LATAM flights we can earn miles..... (status miles and status points n 2021).

Last edited by behuman; Jan 3, 20 at 4:41 am
Old Jan 3, 20, 5:43 am

A theory says, that you get award miles for LATAM Brazil/former TAM flights, but not for former LAN flights.
Old Jan 3, 20, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thbe View Post
A theory says, that you get award miles for LATAM Brazil/former TAM flights, but not for former LAN flights.
I did get award miles for a Puerto Natales - Santiago flight with LATAM Chile which was the day before the Easter Island one, but they were on different booking codes...
Old Jan 3, 20, 5:28 pm

Programs: LH HON
Is it possible to redeem LATAM flight awards with M&M miles? Did not find this on the LH website.
Old Jan 5, 20, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by shipsmail View Post
Is it possible to redeem LATAM flight awards with M&M miles? Did not find this on the LH website.
Well, you should check on the M&M website.... It's a LMGTFY case, too.
Old Jan 5, 20, 8:09 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Thread hijacked. The OP asked about earning miles with LATAM flights NOT about redemption. Experiences anybody?
Old Jan 8, 20, 5:56 am
Original Poster

I asked the LH Lurker. Let's see.
Old Jan 9, 20, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LaikMaik View Post
I asked the LH Lurker. Let's see.
Said to contact the M&M service team...
Old Jan 11, 20, 8:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Bonvoy Platinum, LATAM Platinum
Yes, there are some restrictions.

I seem to recall that LA flights to Africa and Oceania were excluded of this, as well as LH flights between North America and Europe.

The old M&M website displayed that, and I believe the Latam website might still do it.

Perhaps somehow the IPC island might fall into the Oceania/Southern Pacific category?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: