Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles & More Senator requalification

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2019, 5:25 pm

Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by andywaw
In your situation, you can extend your SEN status in 2020 for another two years = until Feb 2024.

In 2020 the rules for extending Status remain unchanged. The two year duration for status extension will be changed starting from 2021. Those who manage to extend their status before 2021 will keep it extended under the "old rules".
Let's hope you're right. I'm pretty positive I can make Sen in 2020 with the old rules, and having two years to "adapt" to the new system would be useful.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by Mozart0815
Let's hope you're right. I'm pretty positive I can make Sen in 2020 with the old rules, and having two years to "adapt" to the new system would be useful.
That doesn’t need much hope. That is the official rule.
Mozart0815 likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:13 am

Programs: LH SEN
I am in the same situation, so I wrote to M&M just to check. Here is their reply:

'thank you for your message.

If your senator status is valid until 2022 and you requalify in 2020, your level will be renewed for a further two years - until 2024. You will receive your new card in good time before your current card expires.

If your senator status is valid until 2022 and you requalify in 2021 based on the new rules, your level will be renewed by one year to 2023. You will receive your new card in good time before your current card expires.

With best regards from the Vienna Airport'

seems like a good idea to try to renew again in 2020...
flyingbee and Mozart0815 like this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 9:18 am

Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by snape73
I am in the same situation, so I wrote to M&M just to check. Here is their reply:

If your senator status is valid until 2022 and you requalify in 2020, your level will be renewed for a further two years - until 2024. You will receive your new card in good time before your current card expires.

If your senator status is valid until 2022 and you requalify in 2021 based on the new rules, your level will be renewed by one year to 2023. You will receive your new card in good time before your current card expires.
Thanks, that's helpful!

andywaw likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.

Thanks snape73,

I will requalify in 2020 because I already have several trips booked in premium cabins, otherwise I would probably prefer to do it in 2021 and again in 2022 because it would be sensibly easier to do it and would start accumulating QP for LT SEN, but also understand your logic.
Old Dec 17, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: MUCCI Classe des Flatteurs Preferes, LH SEN, BA silver, IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat

Thank you for taking the time to ask M&M and sharing their answer here.
It is now clear that it is definitely in my interest to renew in 2020.
snape73 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 2:50 am

Programs: LH Sen***, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've been frozen on 35000 miles since the start of the crisis. My Senator status is valid until Feb 2022. I'm not convinced we will be travelling like 'normal' in 2021. I've been a Senator since 2001, so I really want to maintain status and qualify soon for Lifetime. Bottom line, I'm thinking of doing a Mileage Run to requalify this year. So I need one trip with around 65000 miles... Any ideas? F FRA-JNB for example?

Or do we think that LH will be gentle and extend status for us long term loyal customers...?
Old Oct 9, 2020, 3:50 am

Programs: LH M+M
They want to announce about that (status extension) before end of year.. so hold horses
Old Oct 9, 2020, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by PAX_fips
They want to announce about that (status extension) before end of year.. so hold horses
They already announced a 1 year extension, no guarantee they will be more generous than that & only problem with holding horses is A basic First Class fares require a Month or more advance booking.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by jcmetrokraft
I've been frozen on 35000 miles since the start of the crisis. My Senator status is valid until Feb 2022. I'm not convinced we will be travelling like 'normal' in 2021. I've been a Senator since 2001, so I really want to maintain status and qualify soon for Lifetime. Bottom line, I'm thinking of doing a Mileage Run to requalify this year. So I need one trip with around 65000 miles... Any ideas? F FRA-JNB for example?

Or do we think that LH will be gentle and extend status for us long term loyal customers...?
France to Bogota in A is a good option
Old Oct 9, 2020, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by chris63
They already announced a 1 year extension, no guarantee they will be more generous than that & only problem with holding horses is A basic First Class fares require a Month or more advance booking.
yes, there is no guarantee but after seeing what all the other major airlines have done, if they do nothing more, the LH group will not be any longer among my favourite carriers. Not that they care about one pax more or less, but I prefer to give my money to airlines that treat me better.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by more4less
France to Bogota in A is a good option
Doubt that will operate with F this year...... most reliable F option is MEX since they never restricted travel & it’s unlikely they will
Old Oct 9, 2020, 7:25 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by jcmetrokraft
My Senator status is valid until Feb 2022. I'm not convinced we will be travelling like 'normal' in 2021.
2021 might not be normal or even better, but it can't get much worse than now when it comes to air travel. (Did I just jinx us?)

35k status is nothing to sniff at, but nor is it "within reach" of SEN requal, so I guess I'm confused about why the desperation to do it this year.

I'm kinda in a similar position to you, had 41k by the start of February, but I'm happy to say tschüss to those and plan start over next year.

If 2021 is another "hard to (re)qualify" year I'm confident LH will bump our validity, they will just wait till the 11th hour to do it so they don't lose their stingy reputation.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 7:25 am

Doubt that will operate with F this year...... most reliable F option is MEX since they never restricted travel & it’s unlikely they will
agree but the cost is very different
Old Oct 9, 2020, 11:38 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Who is flying mileage run directly? CDG to BOG in A with two European connections per way and one in GRU will give around 60000 miles incl.status bonus. Connection in GRU is easy, PCR test lab is open 24/7, results time is up to 4 hours, price is around 50€ incl. Lufthansa discount of 10%. PCR test is mandatory to enter to Colombia. Domestic Avianca flights in business are cheap to get some more status miles, minimum 750 miles per segment, so 1500 miles for around 120€ or even 3000 miles for 114€( four segments and not from BOG).

Last edited by Jaenks; Oct 9, 2020 at 12:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.