FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   First Class Companion Promotion ex US (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/1997828-first-class-companion-promotion-ex-us.html)

TPA us ff Dec 2, 2019 2:47 pm

First Class Companion Promotion ex US

I received an email promotion for international First Class buy one get one free. Yet when I try to find out the terms, it says I must have Javascript (which is blocked by my employer) for the terms. Has anyone booked this? Do both tickets qualify for M&M? Are Alliance carriers included to deliver the PAX to the gateway city? If anyone can point me to the rules, I would appreciate it. THANKS!

Recyclops Dec 2, 2019 5:25 pm

Yes, LH runs these sales frequently. You'll earn miles on both tickets. If you tell me more about the trip you're looking at (from where to where?) I can give you the full fare rules.

wfiring12 Dec 2, 2019 6:59 pm

I received the same email today. It doesn't look like a true BOGO as they reference "special companion pricing" if you buy anywhere from 2 to 6 seats. Given the F cabin has 8 seats, I'm skeptical the discount is significant. Further, when I click on the booking link with the promo code, it appears you can only depart from US gateways on LH metal and each departure city has very specific and limited destinations which vary by gateway. Further, when searching for availability within the confines of the routing and dates they provide, I have found absolutely NO availability for they 6 or so scenarios I attempted.

https://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/firs...e15af6&mi_sc=t

Recyclops Dec 2, 2019 9:00 pm

Okay, yeah, that's one of their standard two-for-one F sales.

Excerpts from the fare rules, which I pulled up for LAX-BCN (fare basis ANA86ERC):

06.MINIMUM STAY
TRAVEL FROM TURNAROUND MUST COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN
THE FIRST SUN AFTER ARRIVAL AT THE TURNAROUND.
OR - TRAVEL FROM INBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR MUST
COMMENCE NO EARLIER THAN 7 DAYS AFTER DEPARTURE OF
THE OUTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC SECTOR.

13.ACCOMPANIED TRAVEL
MUST BE ACCOMPANIED ON ALL SECTORS IN SAME COMPARTMENT
BY AT LEAST 1 PASSENGER IN ANA86ERC FARE CLASS. NO
MORE THAN 6 ACCOMPANIED PASSENGERS PERMITTED FOR EACH
ANA86ERC TYPE PASSENGERS.

14.TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/AFTER 01JAN20 AND ON/
BEFORE 31AUG20.

15.SALES RESTRICTIONS
FOOTNOTE RULE
TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 31DEC19.

16.PENALTIES
CANCELLATIONS

ANY TIME
CHARGE USD 500.00 FOR CANCEL/NO-SHOW/REFUND.
CHANGES

ANY TIME
CHARGE USD 450.00 FOR REISSUE/REVALIDATION.

zebranz Dec 2, 2019 9:44 pm

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/prem...nday-sale.html

Brostman Dec 2, 2019 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by Recyclops (Post 31797892)
Yes, LH runs these sales frequently. You'll earn miles on both tickets. If you tell me more about the trip you're looking at (from where to where?) I can give you the full fare rules.

Recyclops..... I have been searching for ORD-LHR (and wish to transit via FRA) and have found no availability after searching multiple months and varying days of week. I saw your post regarding the "rules" and believe my search variables satisfy all the rules. Any ideas of how to search with a calendar view of available dates. I am looking for 3 seats, but would settle for 2.

Recyclops Dec 3, 2019 10:08 am

The challenge is that in addition to satisfying all of those rules, you need to find availability in the "A" fare bucket. Because of the connecting flights you also run into issues with "married segments", which means that even if, for example, there is availability in A for a particular flight ORD-FRA and for FRA-LHR, LH might still not be willing to sell that as a single ticket ORD-FRA-LHR in A.

There's really no good way to figure this out online. On LH's website the best you can do is try various dates to see if you can find some that work. Sites like ExpertFlyer that let you search for availability in specific fare buckets are better, but even this won't guarantee you a successful result because of the married segment issue. Your best bet is likely to work with a travel agent since they will be plugged directly into the GDS (e.g. Amadeus) and have much more powerful tools for searching for availability for specific fares.

NYC1 Dec 3, 2019 12:06 pm

How lame to roll out a promotion like this and make it quasi impossible to book it:td::td::td:

Rabaja Dec 3, 2019 2:14 pm

I just called the LH call center in the US. Answer: "We are not aware of this offer ..."

chris63 Dec 3, 2019 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by Rabaja (Post 31801258)
I just called the LH call center in the US. Answer: "We are not aware of this offer ..."

& what did they think it was ??? Fake news :D

Brostman Dec 3, 2019 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Rabaja (Post 31801258)

And yet right on the LH.com site it is promoting the same offer that we all received via emails. Go figure!

Brostman Dec 3, 2019 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Recyclops (Post 31800209)
The challenge is that in addition to satisfying all of those rules, you need to find availability in the "A" fare bucket. Because of the connecting flights you also run into issues with "married segments", which means that even if, for example, there is availability in A for a particular flight ORD-FRA and for FRA-LHR, LH might still not be willing to sell that as a single ticket ORD-FRA-LHR in A.

There's really no good way to figure this out online. On LH's website the best you can do is try various dates to see if you can find some that work. Sites like ExpertFlyer that let you search for availability in specific fare buckets are better, but even this won't guarantee you a successful result because of the married segment issue. Your best bet is likely to work with a travel agent since they will be plugged directly into the GDS (e.g. Amadeus) and have much more powerful tools for searching for availability for specific fares.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try to see if ORD-FRA will pull up anything, and also put my TA on the case tomorrow. And you believe that only an "A" fare will be eligible for this offer. Regarding the the married segments issue, when you go to LH.com and look at the qualifying departures/destination combinations, it lists ORD - London as a qualifying pair.... put I read a lot of sarcasm about LH IT on this site so I guess I should not be surprised by anything.

Kleffen Dec 3, 2019 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by Brostman (Post 31802599)
And yet right on the LH.com site it is promoting the same offer that we all received via emails. Go figure!

Can we sue them for false advertisement? 😑

chris63 Dec 3, 2019 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by Brostman (Post 31802605)
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try to see if ORD-FRA will pull up anything, and also put my TA on the case tomorrow. And you believe that only an "A" fare will be eligible for this offer. Regarding the the married segments issue, when you go to LH.com and look at the qualifying departures/destination combinations, it lists ORD - London as a qualifying pair.... put I read a lot of sarcasm about LH IT on this site so I guess I should not be surprised by anything.

All of these First Class offers require A fare bucket to be available & on some routes like LAX that’s never easy

Brostman Dec 3, 2019 11:47 pm

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 31802699)
All of these First Class offers require A fare bucket to be available & on some routes like LAX that’s never easy

When I select flights it shows the booking fare as A, but it can not be showing Companion Special pricing, since I get the same per pax pricing regardless whether I book for a single pax or for two or more pax.