Schengen Flight Passport Check

Old Dec 3, 19, 6:40 am

Programs: M&M SEN, AZ Gold, AAdvantage; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by TomMM View Post
Today flying PRG-FRA the gate agents were checking passports while boarding. I've never encountered this on a Schengen flight in the past. Are these checks random?
PRG agents always check pax IDīs at boarding, no matter the airline or destination. Cannot remember a single occurrence over the 15+ years of my frequent travelling when I did NOT have to show my ID at boarding in PRG.
Old Dec 3, 19, 3:05 pm

Programs: EK, AF, SQ, LH, AA
Originally Posted by televisor View Post
And of course the random arrival checks, happening in e.g. Oslo to all arriving flights from Switzerland as far as I can see.
Maybe I got lucky - I flew ZRH-OSL on LX (and connecting onto a separate ticket on EK to DXB) in September and no ID check on arrival at Oslo
Old Yesterday, 8:04 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
Checks at BRU are now national policy
Old Yesterday, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA/*A:S,UC DL/ST:S Hyatt:Plat, GE
Originally Posted by NightFly View Post
PRG agents always check pax IDīs at boarding, no matter the airline or destination. Cannot remember a single occurrence over the 15+ years of my frequent travelling when I did NOT have to show my ID at boarding in PRG.
Agreed. I can't remember a time in the past decade that agents in PRG have not checked ID. I'm usually on LH or LX via FRA/MUC/ZRH.

Interestingly, they've moved up the ID check for UK-bound flights out of FRA to before the electronic gates. This is a big improvement as you can do the ID check whenever you arrive at the gate and it doesn't slow down the queue as much as the old system of someone standing at the base of the stairs.

FYI: The electronic gates also seemed to force adherence to the new boarding group system. I enjoyed watching several PAX who ignored the agent checking IDs warnings get the red light at the e-gate.

Search this Thread