Wiki Posts
Search

Showers in WAW on US-EU connection

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2019, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Showers in WAW on US-EU connection

Hi!

I will soon fly on LOT on MIA-WAW-ARN with a rather annoying 4h 50m connection in WAW. I am in business class (on both flights) with a Star Gold card and I also have an unlimited Priority Pass card. Does anyone know if I should be able to take a shower in WAW (I guess in the Polonez/Elite lounge..?) on this connection? Anything I should think about (eg not go through the passport control right away)?

Thank you so much!!
Old Nov 23, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
yes there are showers in the LOT lounges at WAW, the schengen lounge is Polonez

https://www.lot.com/us/en/lot-business-lounge
https://www.lot.com/us/en/lot-business-lounge-polonez

alternatively the priority pass lounge in the schengen section of the airport is Preludium (this is a different lounge from the LOT Lounge)

it also has showers

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...eludium-lounge

Last edited by scottishpoet; Nov 23, 2019 at 7:13 am
Old Nov 23, 2019, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
yes there are showers in the LOT lounge at WAW

https://www.lot.com/us/en/lot-business-lounge
https://www.lot.com/us/en/lot-business-lounge-polonez

alternatively the priority pass lounge in the schengen section of the airport is Preludium (this is a different lounge from the LOT Lounge)

it also has showers

https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...eludium-lounge
Thanks! Will I be able to access the LOT lounges before or after passport control?

Thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I seldom come through the non schengen section at WAW. I think its probably best to go to the schengen lounge. If you "transferred" as if going to a non schengen flight and used the non schengen lounge then I am not sure how easy it would be to get back to arrivals passport control to get into schengen
Old Nov 23, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
After passport control if you are flying into EU for LOT Polonez Lounge.
(Before passport control for those who are flying out of EU)

The shower is located in the back of the lounge. It is a horrible set up. Make sure there is no one in the toilets (urinal room and toilet room) before you lock the outer door for the "shower room/toilet".

Last time I used it, a couple of years ago, you get a few hand towels from reception. I asked if they had proper bath towels and they said that hand towels are all that they have. So be prepared for an interesting shower experience in the WAW lounge.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iamaho
After passport control if you are flying into EU for LOT Polonez Lounge.
(Before passport control for those who are flying out of EU)

The shower is located in the back of the lounge. It is a horrible set up. Make sure there is no one in the toilets (urinal room and toilet room) before you lock the outer door for the "shower room/toilet".

Last time I used it, a couple of years ago, you get a few hand towels from reception. I asked if they had proper bath towels and they said that hand towels are all that they have. So be prepared for an interesting shower experience in the WAW lounge.
okay, thanks! Sounds ”interesting”. I heard that the showers in the non-schengen was okay, perhaps I should try those, or should I just go through passport control (to my EU-flight) and use these showers instead?
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: AC UA TK FI DL
Never tried Non-Schengen lounge. Didn't think that LOT has a lounge in Non-Schengen area.

However, every time I pass through WAW, I was not given a choice but to go directly towards passport control. There is a pathway for those continuing onwards to Non-Schegen destinations, however a valid boarding pass is required to enter that area.

The shower experience might be slightly different now (ie with proper bath towels), maybe someone who has taken a shower recently can chime in. But this is also the reason that I avoid a shower in WAW. Most times, realizing that it is a short flight to ARN, I will just shower when I get home instead.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iamaho
Never tried Non-Schengen lounge. Didn't think that LOT has a lounge in Non-Schengen area.

However, every time I pass through WAW, I was not given a choice but to go directly towards passport control. There is a pathway for those continuing onwards to Non-Schegen destinations, however a valid boarding pass is required to enter that area.

The shower experience might be slightly different now (ie with proper bath towels), maybe someone who has taken a shower recently can chime in. But this is also the reason that I avoid a shower in WAW. Most times, realizing that it is a short flight to ARN, I will just shower when I get home instead.
Okay, thanks!

I usually take a shower whenever I have a stopover of 3+ hours regardless of where I am just to pass the time and feel less ”drowsy” (as one does after a redeye from the US...). Not too happy about the 4h 50m stopover but at least I have lounge access and LOT was significantly cheaper than other options
Old Nov 23, 2019, 1:40 pm

Lot does now have a lounge in non schengen, it is "fairly" recent, its called Mazurek.

as above i am not sure how easy you could get back to passport control.

you could check out the PP lounge as well and decide which shower setup you prefer.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Lot does now have a lounge in non schengen, it is "fairly" recent, its called Mazurek.

as above i am not sure how easy you could get back to passport control.

you could check out the PP lounge as well and decide which shower setup you prefer.
Thanks! I’ll stay in the Schengen area then
Old Nov 23, 2019, 4:55 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Mazurek is small, cramped and overcrowded.
yurtripper likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2019, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by andywaw
Mazurek is small, cramped and overcrowded.
Indeed yes, it's overcrowded before flights to the USA but it's not crowded after 17:30 or I haven't seen it overcrowded before flights to the Asian peninsula.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Indeed yes, it's overcrowded before flights to the USA but it's not crowded after 17:30 or I haven't seen it overcrowded before flights to the Asian peninsula.
OP is arriving on LO 30, which gets in at midday, so the fact that the lounge is less crowded after 17:30 (like all the others) isn't much help in the circumstances.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
By my experience from last year, the. WAW LO-lounges showers are extremely small. Like closets.
Can not even be compared to LH lounges showers in FRA or MUC (and I am not talking only about F/HON lounge showers )
Old Nov 24, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
One big advantage of having WAW as your base is not having to worry about using the crappy showers there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.