Delayed baggage claim with LH

Old Nov 20, 19, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Delayed baggage claim with LH

Is lh.com/feedback the proper way to file a claim with LH for delayed (48 hours, in case that matters) luggage? I did, but haven't received any response (not even an automatic response saying that it has been received or something)...
Old Nov 20, 19, 1:11 pm

Programs: LH HON
Are you trying to report your bags as missing or what are you trying to achieve?
Old Nov 20, 19, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

I got the bags eventually. I'm trying to get a compensation for some stuff I had to buy during these 48 hours I waited for my baggage.
Old Nov 22, 19, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Nobody knows? Nobody ever filed such a claim with LH?
Old Nov 24, 19, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by gruimed View Post
My only experience (thankfully) with delayed luggage on LH was arrival in Zurich a few years ago. The baggage desk where i lodged my claim told me I was entitled to CHF300 per 24 hours, to keep the receipts, and they would reimburse me. There were different amounts for different classes.

I'm guessing they didn't advise you of anything similar
Old Nov 24, 19, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I nonce had > 24 hrs delay, problem was it was my return flight home so thusly no nothing

OP most carriers will give zippo if you were arriving back home, and yes I had that happen when I packed my winter coat in my bag and it was the only one I had, was denied any comp since I was arriving back home
Old Nov 24, 19, 10:04 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by gruimed View Post
there should be a phone number and website on the receipt you got when claiming them as missing
Old Nov 24, 19, 10:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
There is a specific topic in the feedback form for "baggage irregularity" If you have not heard back after 10 days, I would call in. You have 21 days from the date you reclaimed your bag to file.

If you cannot obtain an acknowledgement, use the email option provided. It is not encrypted, but I trust that the risk here is minimal.
Old Nov 25, 19, 2:58 am

Programs: Miles and More FTL; BA Exec Club Silver
I had baggage lost twice in a row by LH - first time was on way home from BOG and second was arrival in TIR. On both occasions I bought essentials, kept receipts and got refunded for purchases. They were very reluctant with compensation, but after I complained that twice in a row was unacceptable (should have known better than short connection through FRA), they eventually gave me 100Eur, which covered about 30eur in expenses from the Tirana flight and 70eur compensation for the inconvenience for both flights. In total I claimed about 120Eur in expenses and received 70 extra comp.

All of this was done through the feedback for and follow-up emails back and forth. It took months, but persistence was the key. My OH also had her luggage delayed on the BOG flight and got expenses back.
Old Nov 25, 19, 3:14 am
Suspended

Glad that you got your bags.
Old Nov 25, 19, 3:50 am
Original Poster

All, thanks for all the replies. I will then wait as few more days and then call them. In my case this was a flight oversees, the bags delayed by 48 hours, so I absolutely had to by some stuff. The airport representative directed me to lh.com/feedback where I filed the claim - but what confused me is that never received even an automatic response from LH.
Old Jan 14, 20, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Just to say that its been two months and LH did not even bother replying!
Old Jan 17, 20, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
What did they say when you called them?
Often1 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 20, 1:16 pm

Programs: Skymiles
We recently had an experience where LH delayed baggage delivery (for more than a week at the destination) for my wife and 2 kids traveling in J and they completely destroyed one of the bags in the process. It took us 90+ days of getting the run around before they finally sent a check. Twitter and social media streams were of no help. Calling any of the associated phone numbers were a waste of time and email only produced results after the aforementioned time frame. That time was spent with numerous outright lies from various respondents in the email chain and after being confronted with evidence of their incompetence and written false claims a check finally arrived in the mail.

It's certainly not what I would have expected from an alleged 5* 1st world European airline/carrier that we all travel on regularly in premium cabins.....YMMV

Search this Thread
Search Engine: