The return of free checked bags on all fares?

Old Nov 15, 2019, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
The return of free checked bags on all fares?

I stumbled upon the following at the bottom of a recent LH email (re: triple award miles promotion). What do you think, just an error or are we going to see free checked bags on light fares return? Throughout the past weeks, pretty much every LH flight I've had was precursed by the "Your flight is full, check your bag if you want" (paraphrasing) email... Maybe they're on to something.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 6:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
"One item of free baggage is included...." could mean a small carry on piece.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 6:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
"One item of free baggage is included...." could mean a small carry on piece.
If that were the case, the "Instead of measuring out your shower gel and sun cream" - (implying it won't be carried on in the cabin) - "simply check your suitcase at your leisure" wouldn't make sense.
dtbe and chris63 like this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by vkis
I stumbled upon the following at the bottom of a recent LH email (re: triple award miles promotion). What do you think, just an error or are we going to see free checked bags on light fares return? Throughout the past weeks, pretty much every LH flight I've had was precursed by the "Your flight is full, check your bag if you want" (paraphrasing) email... Maybe they're on to something.
I would argue that it is indeed included in all booking classes even today - and always has been. But booking class doesn't determine light, basic, basic plus and flex options for the respective tariff.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by sw1x
I would argue that it is indeed included in all booking classes even today - and always has been. But booking class doesn't determine light, basic, basic plus and flex options for the respective tariff.
Hardly legal, at least not in the UK, they have to provide what they state & what induced you to buy
GUWonder likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.