Wiki Posts
Search

[Rumour] LH F & FCT going away?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2019, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by MichielR
Alway thought it counted as part of the kerosene reserve...

I didn’t think it had that much power or alcohol content, they need an appellation de origine controlee , I wouldn’t let that stuff loose on its own
Old Nov 15, 2019, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Seriously what do you want to be changed in the LH F cabin? Add gold? Curtains? The AF, EK & SQ F product was horrid.
Just bring it up to date, would be a start

My point being it’s getting long in the tooth & no mention of a replacement & yes, new EK F & SQ F is better but they ought to be they are new
Old Nov 15, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I‘ll be there next May on a flight to New York, feel free to join

We did actually once suggest a F Lounge run (and I believe there is a topic where some Eco HONs did one before they lost HON due to only flying Y).
I think it was something like ZRH-VIE-MUC-BRU-FRA-GVA-ZRH where we even managed to get a reasonable pricing :P

Never did it though.
Thanks,. but I'm already going to the Northeast in February, I don't think I'll be able to fit another TATL trip in
I'll watch the space though
Old Nov 17, 2019, 5:01 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Back in March CS talked about the future fleet allocation and the future of F:

Originally Posted by LHcro, post: 302769, member: 2506

Bei „Offen gesagt...“, einer Veranstaltung für Mitarbeiter der Lufthansa Gruppe hat Carsten Spohr bezüglich die Flottenstrategie folgendes gesagt:

B777-9X:
- erste 20 kommen ohne First Class, ob dann weitere sie haben werden ist noch zu entscheiden.
- erste 14 B779x kommen nach Frankfurt und die ersetzen da B744s, aber nicht unbedingt 1:1, da B744 hat mehr C Class Sitze als B779x, weil sich C class, nachdem B779X konfiguration schon festgelget wurde, wieder besser verkauft.
- Aus der presentation wurde es auch klar dass es weitere 779Xs, nach dem erstem Batch, hinzukommen.

A350-900
- die ersten 16 kommen onhe First, ob weitere ein First bekommen wurde noch nicht entschieden.
- Weitere A350-900 kommen sowohl nach FRA als auch nach MUC. Über neustem Batch ab 2023. wurde noch nicht etschieden.

B787-9
- First class ist überhaupt nicht geplant
- wo die Fliegern hin sollen ist noch zu entscheiden. Im Spiel sind FRA/MUC/OS/LX als Ersatz für 343 und EW als Ersatz für 332.

First class
- verbleibt mit Sicherheit auf A380s und 747-8
- über neue First class wurde noch nicht entschieden, aber sie haben schon ein paar Ideen. Es kann ein LX Sitz sein, aber auch etwas noch besseres. Womit sie sich momentan auseinandersetzen, ist, ob sie 4 oder 6 Plätze haben solle...
- LH soll 50% der InterkontFlotte mit First weiterzubetreiben.

Sonstiges:
- Alle Sitzen in allen Klassen werden in verbleibenden Flotten in nächsten Jahren ausgetauscht.
- Weitere Bestellungen in der Kategorie A350/B787 werden folgen, da die schon bestellte Fliegern reichen einmal nicht, nur die auslaufende Modele zu ersetzen, geschweige denn für Wachstum.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
I’ll say that after having flown La Premiere, one criticism is that the F cabin felt cramped at just one row. Also there was only one FA for the cabin and I could tell she was overworked with all four seats taken.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 10:22 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Originally Posted by sophialite
I’ll say that after having flown La Premiere, one criticism is that the F cabin felt cramped at just one row. Also there was only one FA for the cabin and I could tell she was overworked with all four seats taken.
Only one FA the whole flight?

Because it's two during meal times and at other times when it gets busy/when needed, and then down to one during "quiet times". Only one during the full flight is very odd, especially when the cabin is full.
chris63 and hugolover like this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Only one FA the whole flight?

Because it's two during meal times and at other times when it gets busy/when needed, and then down to one during "quiet times". Only one during the full flight is very odd, especially when the cabin is full.
Not sure if it was one for the whole flight as I was sleeping during 8 hours of it. But during the period I was awake, there was only one. This was the same on my way over. I did notice the occasional helping hand by another attendant but emphasize on “occasional” and she was rarely in the F cabin itself (or in the crew area between it and the cockpit).

By the way, in a previous post that’s now deleted, Chris63 asked how my commentary on La Premiere was at all relevant to this thread. It’s relevant because Oliver’s post pointed out that CS was considering a 4 to 6 seat cabin for F, and I think the experience in another four-seat F cabin is relevant for why I’m not sure I’d be happy with the shift.

I didn’t think I’d have to spell that out, but oh well.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I haven’t flown AF F, but I regularly fly both the 4 and 6 pax F on SQ and neither seem cramped... in fact I much prefer having less people around. Note even with 4 pax F, SQ crews 2 crew plus the Purser during meal times
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by vantage03
I haven’t flown AF F, but I regularly fly both the 4 and 6 pax F on SQ and neither seem cramped... in fact I much prefer having less people around. Note even with 4 pax F, SQ crews 2 crew plus the Purser during meal times
I actually think SQ F might not feel as cramped. Because there’s a bit more space behind and in front of the F seats. I can’t remember if thats actually the case, but I recall not feeling cramped there either.

With La Premiere, your seat extends from one wall, behind which is business, to another wall, in front of which is the galley. That’s why I felt cramped, I think. And it wasn’t a huge deal, still an amazing experience, but I do love the airyness of the LH A380 F cabin.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 2:50 am

The big problem with this plan is that:
- LH doesn't really need the extra gates
- the hangars west of A+ would have to be demolished or reduced in size. The new A380 hangar built south of the field help, but the capacities are still needed.
- FRAport has now started building T3 in the south on the former USAF airbase spot
LH is over-reliant on buses to apron positions, so they could make good use of some extra gates. You could fit a whole lot of narrow-body gates along the north side of A+

Unfortunately LH are probably too cheap to do so. The customer service win of reduced transit stress and missed connections is not something they would place a lot of value on. Not when you need all those Euros for more "5 star" ads and paint for the Bland-hansa liveries.
chris63 likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 6:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by supine
LH is over-reliant on buses to apron positions, so they could make good use of some extra gates. You could fit a whole lot of narrow-body gates along the north side of A+
LH rather prefers the outside bus positions because it helps to turn the aircraft around faster. The A+ apron is so busy at times that it is difficult to get aircraft in and out during the main arrival waves.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LH rather prefers the outside bus positions because it helps to turn the aircraft around faster. The A+ apron is so busy at times that it is difficult to get aircraft in and out during the main arrival waves.
Great for LH & stuff the pax who have to endure the experience, how very 5*.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Great for LH & stuff the pax who have to endure the experience, how very 5*.
Well, if you have a 60-90 min connection and waste 10-15 min of that in a penalty box hold to wait for a slot to enter the A+ apron no one is helped either.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, if you have a 60-90 min connection and waste 10-15 min of that in a penalty box hold to wait for a slot to enter the A+ apron no one is helped either.
True, FRA is such a fabulous airport & their still expanding it.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Several people I know confirmed in the past they prefer the apron bus transfer as it brings them directly to baggage claim/exit or to the center position for connections. It is sensed as faster way through the airport compared to the A40/A69 arrivals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.