Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Rumour] LH F & FCT going away?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by worldclubber
Which would mean that the LH SEN loses a lot of its attractiveness.

What happened to Carsten's "50 percent of the LH fleet should have an F cabin" talk?
What about LH/LX HON and above folks?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
... I know we aren't But then the best Sekt (what is it these days, still Raumland?) cannot compete with the top-end products of Krug Grande Cuvée or Roses de Jeanne either, could they? So, a bad Sekt has no equivalent, a mid-range Champagne (which is what >90% of people drink when they drink Champagne) is on par with a good Sekt, and the top end Champagnes have no equivalent. Is that fair?

And I believe 90% of people couldn't tell a difference between a Sekt and Champagne in a blind tasting.
Full agreement. ^
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by warakorn
Do we have any credible figures that PVG goes out full in F with revenue fares?

If flight bloggers (most likely on mileage tickets) have the whole F cabin on PVG-FRA for themselves, I doubt that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc2xrdrLanA
There is some randomness to it. I flew PVG-FRA once, on one of those dreaded mileage tickets, and had the whole cabin to myself (I am not the person in the video).

On the very same day, PVG-MUC went out full in F.

So, who knows.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:06 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Well I heard it will be closed or no longer used. But would you do with a ruin then other than tearing it down?
Turn it into a LH museum, no idea.

Just said I didn't hear you saying it would be demolished, as some people inferred from you saying it would be closed.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Use it to lock all the UFO members inside and throw away the key.

Maybe put Mr 5* Lifetime HON in there with them to mutually drive one another mad.
chris63, Kleffen and Fabo.sk like this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Wow, really ?
Education is seriously lacking not to mention taste buds
Well, if 90 percent cannot tell Sekt from Champagne that would leave 10 percent who can. I would say it is probably a lot less than 10 percent, as most people never drink champagne.

Good thing: means more left for us.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by nas6034
So which is their "most expensive" or oldest whisky that they have? Just curious. At least they are not letting the whisky go to waste if they don't like it.
Honestly: I don't know, never asked, and don't care either. The only thing that really counts is taste, not price or label.

Good example: Yamazaki 12 used to cost around 60/70 Euro a bottle. Then the "whisky bible" called it the "best whisky in the world" a few years ago; the first non-Scottish whisky to be awarded the top rank. Prices went through the roof, at some point over 1000 Euro a bottle, and it disappeared from the FCT. Prices are now "down" to about 150, i.e. still more than twice the price before the report. Question: How has the taste changed between 60, 1000 and 150 Euro a bottle? @:-)
Old Nov 14, 2019, 2:25 pm

I've had a number of conversations with the bartenders at both the FCLs and the ZRH SEN whisky bar and they all reported the same annoying behavior: people, particularly of a certain regional background, frequently ask for the most expensive drink and/or the oldest whisky, (most likely) solely for bragging rights at the office; taste is completely secondary. Some don't even like whisky and just hold the oldest bottle available next to their head, take a pic and instagram it, and return the bottle.
What does this have to do with FCT closing???
Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by malgudi
What does this have to do with FCT closing???
The threads were separated. It made sense when I posted it.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:12 pm

Honestly: I don't know, never asked, and don't care either. The only thing that really counts is taste, not price or label.

Good example: Yamazaki 12 used to cost around 60/70 Euro a bottle. Then the "whisky bible" called it the "best whisky in the world" a few years ago; the first non-Scottish whisky to be awarded the top rank. Prices went through the roof, at some point over 1000 Euro a bottle, and it disappeared from the FCT. Prices are now "down" to about 150, i.e. still more than twice the price before the report. Question: How has the taste changed between 60, 1000 and 150 Euro a bottle? @:-)

Do you mean Yamazaki 18? But yes, you are correct, that because of the cost spike and "rarity" of the bottle during that period. Though prices are still up there. But I'm sure there are better options.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by nas6034
Do you mean Yamazaki 18? But yes, you are correct, that because of the cost spike and "rarity" of the bottle during that period. Though prices are still up there. But I'm sure there are better options.
No, it was Yamazaki 12.

Which is better than the 18 anyway.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by hugolover
Use it to lock all the UFO members inside and throw away the key.

Maybe put Mr 5* Lifetime HON in there with them to mutually drive one another mad.
Excellent idea 👍

Mr 5* HON will become even more a rarity, with the abolition of Status ⭐️ & Lifetime HON within a persons lifetime
Old Nov 15, 2019, 12:17 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
... I know we aren't But then the best Sekt (what is it these days, still Raumland?) cannot compete with the top-end products of Krug Grande Cuvée or Roses de Jeanne either, could they? So, a bad Sekt has no equivalent, a mid-range Champagne (which is what >90% of people drink when they drink Champagne) is on par with a good Sekt, and the top end Champagnes have no equivalent. Is that fair?

And I believe 90% of people couldn't tell a difference between a Sekt and Champagne in a blind tasting.
I think we can all agree that the Sekt LH serves in their shorthaul Bussines Class is rubbish
Old Nov 15, 2019, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Nick Art
I think we can all agree that the Sekt LH serves in their shorthaul Bussines Class is rubbish
Yes, it’s atrocious stuff !
San Gottardo and worldclubber like this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 2:12 am
Suspended

If the rumour ist true which I doubt, LH would have to sell F seats as J for years to come. Not entirely bad news for J flyers.

They reduce the F-equipped fleet as previously announced by retiring 346 planes. But they're stuck with F-equipped 748's and 380's for quite a few years.

My take is, particularly due to the long delays of the 77X, this rumour cannot really be true unless LH is willing to go with a very much half-baked short/medium term solution.
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.